WW from CD

British_Claire_84

Gold Member
Hello everyone! :D

I've been reading some of your food diaries with interest. I'm currently doing Cambridge Diet and have just done my 11th week, in that time i've lost slightly under 3 stone.

I'm getting really frustrated with it now and craving normal food again. I currently have a chicken/tuna salad for one meal a day and the rest are the pre-done Cambridge meals.

I would like to lose another couple of stone and was wondering what the average losses are each week for WW?? I have some of the WW recipe books donated by my mum a few yrs back and have cooked a few of them and really enjoyed them.

I'm contemplating moving over to WW so i can exercise more as going to the gym whilst doing CD totally takes it out of you.

Any advice/previous experience from swapping would be gratefully received!

Thank you x :)

a lot of people have moved across from CD / other VLCD's, Rosie (Less Rotund One) and Manny are both maintaining now after moving over from W8 to lose their last stone.. think Rosie might have decided to go lower now but they're both within healthy weight range :)

Weight watchers you can expect realistically, 1-2lbs each week weight loss :) i would say more your first week but could be a slight gain / STS for you as you're moving from a VLCD xxx

hi there Claire
l lost 71/2 on cd last year between one thing and another l've regained 31lbs had been yo yoing on cd over last few months but glad to say l had a loss of 4lbs last week on ww l would advise you to to work up plans for a fews weeks and then start ww hope this helps and good luck whatever you decide lol

Rachael and Sasha,

Thank you both for your replies :) Really appreciate your advice. I'm really looking forward to cooking some of the WW recipes again and eating healthily. CD certainly brings it all back to reality again and makes you realise pretty quickly how much rubbish i used to eat. It's hard to decide when to come off CD and move over to do WW informally. I don't want to gain too much through glycogen gain etc so i understand it's best to work up the CD maintainance plans first. How many cals would i be using on WW?? It'd be better to exercise whilst eating again i think as although i don't feel too bad going to the gym at the moment i am conscious it could slow my losses down whilst on CD and also that i cannot do all the things i'd like to do. xx

Hi Claire

First of all, well done for your losses so far! :0clapper:

I made the move from CD to WW 3 weeks ago having lost 2 stone on CD since February. Like you however I was craving "normal" food, and when the losses slowed down on CD I decided to switch to WW. I had my 2nd weigh in on Tuesday and have lost 3.5lb in 2 weeks which I am pleased with. I have less than a stone to loose now until I get to goal and think that WW is a sensible way to do this.

Good luck with the rest of your journey, whatever you decide to do ;)

Lisa x

Back