WW on a tight budget

ChubLock

Silver Member
Hi guys, I need your help. Money is MAJORLY tight this month and literally have a budget of £20-30 MAX per week for the next month...

But we all know eating healthily IS more expensive.

I am desperate for some ingrediant and meal inspiration from you guys - everything and anything please!!

All I have in my mind is Value white bread and value jam but I can't do WW and expect have successful losses on a diet like that!

This is what I buy on a budget.... All own brand if possible

- quorn mince ( for spag Bol & chili)
- bag of pasta
- bag of rice
- own brand fruit ( or aldi's monthly offers)
- mixed frozen veg
- potatoes
- chicken breasts from butcher ( get good offers)
- basic pasta sauce
- kidney beans/ chilli mix
- biscuit barrel collection ( loads for less)
- bag of porridge ( make with water)
- sliced ham
- bread

Hum... you could buy a pack of brown rice, eggs, sweetcorn, tuna, frozen vegetables to steam in the microwave, value mushrooms, potatoes... and make a mega rice salad for your lunches, to divide equally during the week, and your lunch break would be sorted. Have a look here for a recipe: Italian Rice Salad Recipe - Insalata di Riso - Italian Rice Salad Recipe As for dinners, I wouldn't know what to recommend... I normally have roasted chicken and potatoes with steamed vegetables, you can buy a pack of broccoli and carrots at Sainsbury's for only 75p, one a day should be plenty, or buy a big pack of frozen ones and make it last... and a pack of potatoes lasts for a long while, and you can buy a value pack of chicken breasts or frozen fish or pork chops... As for breakfast, a pack of total 0% greek yogurt would last you for 5 days, I normally have it with a banana squashed in every day, and bananas are quite cheap. You could have some cereals or porridge, it tends to be quite cheap and milk is affordable also. A pack of Weight Watchers brown bread only cost 76p and it lasts for a while...

Go on I'm sure you can make your money be worth it! Sorry I couldn't give you more ideas!

Know how you feel with this as im feeding 3 of us on £35 a week. I tend to look out for offers on things. Reduced things are good as well, usually have a couple of days in em. I got warburtons bread for 45p a loaf in asda coupla weeks back. Reduced, but had 2 days left on the date. Meat in asda is 3 for £10 atm. I got pork steaks, chicken breasts and bacon for oh. Seperate up the meat. Ive done it so i get 4 meals out of the pork, and 2 with the chicken. Supermarkets basics range is ok too. Have lived off this before. Hth a wee bit.

farmfoods is cheap for bread 2 for £1.50 and its hovis or kingsmill plus milk 2 for £1.60 2 litres.

i dont have a big food budget either i buy the cheap veg on offer at aldi or a stew pack and make a big pan of free pp soup and have this before dinner fills you right up and the kids love it (good way of getting veg into the kids diet)

Im on a very tight budget to and it has always put me off because i didnt think i could afford it but i took the chance and i am managing :)
I buy WW own brand things in pound shops and the other cheaper shops (not just WW own brand they have alot of other brands for cheaper to),bread in iceland 2 4 £1.50 and milk is only a £1,asda had 5 4 £4 on their low fat frozen ready meals (i know ready meals aren't for everyone but i get them because they are cheap and handy)i think the key is to shop around a bit,if i just done my whole shop in Asda i would probably be spending £50+ but going round the cheapers shops i spend about £35 a week :) hope that helps a little

how about ditching chicken breasts and going for thighs. So much cheaper (and tastier IMO). Possibly even cheaper is getting a whole chicken and either cooking it whole or jointing it youself.

How about lentils for lentil soup with a bit of veg thrown in - add a bit of curry powder and it is really nice.

lots of the Weight Watcher ready meals are £1 in Iceland. I live on my own and figure it would cost me more to make the things than buy ready made and there is less waste.

If you have a market nearby check out the veg stands - ours at end of day do large bags of veg and fruit for £1.00 - enough for a week easily.

I swear by Aldi - there fruit and veg that's on offer on (changes twice a week) is always cheap and great for soups and filling your plate with - also their other products are very cheap and lovely - good luck.

Back