WW or CD

debclark68

Hiya All
Question?

If you had come off the CD diet and just gone on WW
You had had your 1st weight in and lost 3lb :)
But you were still 6lb heavier than when you came off CD:(
Would you go back on CD because you wanted to loose a stone and half for Xmas OR would you stick with WW
HELP ME OUT HERE???:)

Deb:cool:

It depends on the reasons you came off CD Id say, do you feel you cant do it any more or just want a change.

You could still comfortably lose a stone between now & Xmas on WW, but its all down to a personal choice :)

Good luck whatever you decide

The reason that I came off CD was money first and foremost and then I had started to cheat a little. I did it for 13 weeks and lost 3 stone which I was more than happy about. I am now 12 stone 4 lb from 14 stone 12 lb to begin with. My other worry with CD was that my hair was falling out and it sent me into panic mode.

Hello, I would definitely stick with ww. You could lose a stone by xmas, and unlike cambridge, you wont have a huge gain if you have a few controlled treats over xmas. The problem with cambridge is although you lose it quick, you can also put it on very quick (particularly if you do ss or 790). Obviously if you follow stabilisation and maintenance, you wouldn't put it back on but what's the likelihood of that over crimbo.

I hope this helps. I am currently doing ww after losing and regaining 3 stone on cambridge all this year. :(

The reason that I came off CD was money first and foremost and then I had started to cheat a little. I did it for 13 weeks and lost 3 stone which I was more than happy about. I am now 12 stone 4 lb from 14 stone 12 lb to begin with. My other worry with CD was that my hair was falling out and it sent me into panic mode.

Hi Deb, I replied to your first post at the same time you posted the above quote. I also experienced bad hair loss after cambridge as well as various other side effects. I don't want to put cambridge down too much as I think it's a great diet but best to be done and dusted on your first go. It's very hard to restart and can play havoc with your body if you're constantly in and out of ketosis.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide.

yes you can lose the stone and a half by Christmas if you stick to your points
A tip I was given was to drink pink grapefruit fruit & barley drink (the sugar free one) I drank loads of it a day and had good losses each week. (until I started slipping!)

I stopped ww because I wasn't following it properly. I had a m/c in March that's what spurred me into losing weight in the first place. My due date would have been October so I stopped worrying about the diet for a couple of weeks. :(

I hadn't heard of cd until October and decided it would be better for me to take food out of the equation completely for a while (I needed to cut my addiction to Jaffa cakes :D)

I am now really enjoying cd and would probably use ww again as I have done it many times with good results. But I wanted to be able to get to my ideal weight quickly and then be able to concentrate on maintaining it rather than feeling like I would never get to my goal weight.

I think that I have made a decision !! I am going to stay on WW until I get paid at the end of the month and that way I can manage my weight and then make an appt to my CDC and go back on it and then hopefullt loose a stone and a half for Xmas.
Another question how do I get a weight ticker like everyone else? I have just been on the website and made one but it hasnt attached itself to my name how do I make that happen any ideas?
Deb x

Why not do Cambridge on 790?

I have lost 2 stones on 790 in 8 weeks!!
Over 5 stones in total in 16 weeks.

I think that I have made a decision !! I am going to stay on WW until I get paid at the end of the month and that way I can manage my weight and then make an appt to my CDC and go back on it and then hopefullt loose a stone and a half for Xmas.
Another question how do I get a weight ticker like everyone else? I have just been on the website and made one but it hasnt attached itself to my name how do I make that happen any ideas?
Deb x

You copy the BB code from the tickerfactory site then go to user cp and your signature on here and paste the code. It will then show on here.
There is a sticky about this at the top of the main page

It's a pretty difficult question to answer and really depends on YOU: what can you reasonably manage? As people have posted you could lose the weight on either plan depending on how strict you will be with yourself, how much you can afford and what your longer terms plans will be. Plus, depending on what you've been eating, you may well have to go through the grotty carb-withdrawal thing going back into CD now, and we all know you need to be really committed during those initial few days/week to get past it.
How many times have I said 'depends' so far? LOL
It also depends how much weight you still need to lose; if you're at/near healthy BMI you won't be able to SS and will need to do 790 or above as STBG suggests, which might be easier for you as it'll provide more variety. Cutting out food entirely now you're 'used' to it again might be very difficult at this time of the year.
Either way, the most important thing is to come to a decision YOU'RE completely happy with since that's the best way to have the motivation you need to reach your goals.
Good luck for the rest of the month and hope the next gets you where you want to be!

Hi there! I'm a lifetime member of WW and been going since I was 19 (now 37)! I've been doing CD and getting on great I can't believe i'm actually 8 pounds off target so quickly! I have been thinking and talking a lot to friends etc my niece who's a gym instructor about my when i'm at goal and how i'll survive! I think the crunch point with all diets is the amount of calories you take in and how many you use up and that is the perspective i'm taking and using as a lifestyle. It is a new perspective i'm a WW die hard and I can manipulate the points to the extreme to satisfy my healthy eating and also my 'naughties'. I think you need to think about a complete change in lifestyle. Just something you should do is work is out what your points equate to in calories... its interesting!! I think you'll be shocked.

Back