WW Points?

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Hiya all, I'm not jumping the gun here just preparing mentally for coming off LT and which diet i want to follow,
I'm pretty much decied on counting weight watcher points?
Does anyone know any arguements against this?
I like how simple it is, nothing is restricted. Everything in moderation is a healthy and in my eyes the most realistic approach?
But I want your opinions too!!

Depends what your aim is when you come of LT. Maintaining your weight or loosing more. :)

Losing more, surely WW would work?
I have my reservations for some reason though? It kinda seems to good to be true?

I'm not sure how the system works, but as long as your not eating too many calories then you will loose weight... That really is the bottom line. If weight watchers are just counting numbers to associate with calories then the system would work. There's no reason that you can't eat anything. You could eat 5 pieces of cake a day if they totalled up to less than your calorie intake.

There really is nothing special about being able to eat what you want. You really can. As long as you keep your calorie intake low you will continue to loose weight. Simple as that :)

Hi!

I have done ww a few times and really do think it's a good plan. As you say anything in moderation is allowed and it's fairly easy to plan for a night out or special occasion/bad day etc.

Re it being too good to be true once you have discovered that a normal sausage is three points or a matchbox sized lump of cheese is 4.5 and you only have a total of 18 or 20 (maybe more depending on your weight) for the entire day you do realise how and why it works.

If you are happy to have a sensible breakfast, snack on fruit or low fat treats and then have sensible lunch and dinner it's fairly easy to follow. The secret of it is that alcohol, biscuits, crisps, cheese processed food etc etc are all high in points and therefore need to be limited - aka a balanced, healthy diet!

It also helps to educate you on what is a 'normal' portion as the pasta you may of normally had with your spag bol may actualy be enough to feed 4 (def was in my case!) so it encourages smaller portions of carbs and filling up on veg etc.

WW advocate a loss of around 1-2 llbs a week and in my experience 2lbs has been a reliable loss.

HTH

Pippa.

forgot to say, another plus point is that you can earn extra points by exercising so a brisk 30 min walk to shops may earn as many as 4 points which is a couple of small glasses of wine!

Also points are worked out on the foods calorie content and amount of saturated fat.

x

I've done weight watchers a couple of times, overall it is a good plan. The only things that I considered a down side where that some good food had a higher points value than the bad food. eg salmon, nuts were high in points, but are good for you. Some sweets and processed foods where low in points even though they are bad for you, eg marshmallows, ww cake slices, sometimes they were lower in points than fruit.

Overall I found it gave good weight loss but did not help me eat healthy.

I am going to follow a GL plan. This will be minimising the amount of carbs you have. Very little, bread, potatos or pasta. It is a very healthy regime and you get used to the choices pretty quickly.

Back