WW pro points?? I am sticking to the old system

fat?me?

WW Pro points..hmmm now there's a thing:rolleyes:...I have my own opinions of that!!...After shelling out ££££s on the scales, the calculator and the recipe books...they go and change everything and all those things become invalid..WELL I for one will not be buying all the new stuff...The old points system works well for me and that's what I am sticking to...Having lost over 5stone already on the old system I think I will stay put...Hopefully I will be at goal by Xmas...
Anyway I hope that you all are getting on well with your weight loss journey, and I wish you all the best...:D:D

I dont blame you. I think it is terrible the way that WW treated their members who had bought all the equipment. Some bought it only weeks before they changed the diet. I joined in November just as PP was starting so I didnt use the old system so it has been easier for me. There is a section in the forum for people using discover. Good luck.

Although I wasn't around in the days of discovery, I agree it's not fair!

A) weight watchers should have warned people things were going to change.... Save those who bought the kit weeks before the change!

B) they should offer an exchange of equipment from discovery to propoints for free (or at least a very large discount)

It is terrible that anything that's old points can't be converted to propoints I guess. There are sections here still for people on discovery so that should help. I converted to pp but actually haven't bought anything propoints related. I got a free app on my phone to calculate and track and joined this site for support hehe ;) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I rejoined last November but before rejoining bought lots of the trackers from weightwatchers direct and then started at the meeting the next week and was told not to buy anything as it would be changing in 2 weeks. Very glad my leader told me not to buy anything but so annoyed ww let me buy 8 trackers!

I recently started ww and during my first week i did the old plan and lost 4lbs... on the 2nd week I started ithe new propoints one and my weight has stayed the same... I bought the at home kit thats worth £60... I don't know whether to give them a call about it.. I mean I haven't used the whole (if even 1/4th of the weekly allowence)...
I was often hungry on the old system where as now, i just feel i'm eating too much... so what do you guys think i should do?

i think the best thing to do is what works best for you ! :)

i joined during ProPoints and i must say i'm finding it really easy so far and its working for me, however i think if i'd joined during the old system and had all the stuff and it was working for me then i would not see the point in changing :)

danniegirl said:
I recently started ww and during my first week i did the old plan and lost 4lbs... on the 2nd week I started ithe new propoints one and my weight has stayed the same... I bought the at home kit thats worth £60... I don't know whether to give them a call about it.. I mean I haven't used the whole (if even 1/4th of the weekly allowence)...
I was often hungry on the old system where as now, i just feel i'm eating too much... so what do you guys think i should do?

If you aren't using many weeklies perhaps you aren't actually eating enough? Thats been some peoples problem on here. If you exercise a lot you should eat a bit more to feed your metabolism.
I know what you mean about propoints feeling like you're eating too much compared to discovery but I prefer it as I think its easier to incorporate into my life. Do ring WW if you think it'll give you peace of mind. Good luck! X

On the pro points..you get given a lot more daily points to eat....But how many of you realise what is happening here?...As I am sticking to the old points system when I buy WW products that have already been pointed for me I have to re check them to get the old points value...Most of the stuff works out at about HALF the amount of points..therefore its pretty much the same...just jazzed up a bit to look new and rake in more money...On the old system I was on 18 points on the new system I would be on 36!!..so I am still eating exactly the same amount because all the points values of food have been upped!!!...Its so wrong wrong wrong...WW you should be ashamed....

Now thats just not true, I was on 21 points on old system and now I'm on 29 on the new one. The minimum is 18 on old and 29 on the new, that doesn't double up either?? Its not the same calculation at all? Its high protein low carb low fat. Some things will work out double the points of course but that's not the "science" behind the change at all.
Don't get me wrong, it is painful that everything is changed and people are expected to buy the new things. But I haven't bought anything WW related (except some WW bagels and mini rolls I suppose lol). I've done both plans (by myself from home) and I prefer propoints (I'm a bit of a hungry lass and I feel I'm fuller longer now) but of course discovery _does_ work and I wouldn't slag it off at all... I lost 2 stone doing it. I just think propoints is easier for ME to stick to as a lifestyle change now. Its all about preference, stick to whatever you think works for you :) x

Now thats just not true, I was on 21 points on old system and now I'm on 29 on the new one. The minimum is 18 on old and 29 on the new, that doesn't double up either?? Its not the same calculation at all? Its high protein low carb low fat. Some things will work out double the points of course but that's not the "science" behind the change at all.
Don't get me wrong, it is painful that everything is changed and people are expected to buy the new things. But I haven't bought anything WW related (except some WW bagels and mini rolls I suppose lol). I've done both plans (by myself from home) and I prefer propoints (I'm a bit of a hungry lass and I feel I'm fuller longer now) but of course discovery _does_ work and I wouldn't slag it off at all... I lost 2 stone doing it. I just think propoints is easier for ME to stick to as a lifestyle change now. Its all about preference, stick to whatever you think works for you :) x

well i don't know where you are going for your ww meeting but what you are saying is NOT what I have been told at my WW meeting..My points have doubled as has most of the food values..This is why I will not be returning to the meeting and will continue at home on the old points...I do not appreciate being told that what I am saying is just not true...I wouldn't have written it if it weren't...:(

I'm sorry you're offended, I didn't mean it like that. :( I just mean MY daily points hasn't doubled? So I didn't realise it had for others? I noticed points for some food items doubling yes but other things like chicken and such seem more reasonable for points.
I don't go to meetings hon, I do this from home so I haven't actually bought anything WW related, I'm just using an app on my phone and then this wee site.
Wishing you luck doing it yourself from home too!

It may seem as though it has just doubled the points but its an entirely new calculation based on different factors.

I agree that if you were using the old Points system it seems a bit pointless changing & WW should have given more warning.

Whichever plan you decide to follow, do it because it works best for you...

I'm sorry you're offended, I didn't mean it like that. :( I just mean MY daily points hasn't doubled? So I didn't realise it had for others? I noticed points for some food items doubling yes but other things like chicken and such seem more reasonable for points.
I don't go to meetings hon, I do this from home so I haven't actually bought anything WW related, I'm just using an app on my phone and then this wee site.
Wishing you luck doing it yourself from home too!

ok thanks for that....:) x

Back