WW vs SW

livi

Committed Loser
Right....with sw I just kept losing that same stone and I know it won't change if I stick to that. I've just had failed hypnotherapy too...

In what way does ww new pro points differ from sw? Does it control portion size unlike sw? The idea of unlimited food just made me eat much more than I would have done otherwise so I hope ww controls the amounts.
In what ways do meetings differ from anyone thats done both?

I'm desperate...sat and cried for 48 hours over my failed hypnotherapy and need something to look forward to and if joining ww is what it is then so be it :(

Hi livi... Have never done SW but the new WW program is great!! Always loved WW anyway but same as you kept getting to a certain point and then it'd stop...
The new system gives you a daily allowance, which is worked out on your weight, and whether you are losing or maintaining.. And you also get a weekly allowance of 49 (same for everyone)
So for instance my daily allowance is 30. So i must eat minimum 30propoints a day. Most fruit and veg are now 0pp's but not all (eg parsnip/turnips are pointed) And you have the extra 49pp's (weekly allowance) to use how you wish, IF you wish. You don't have to use them. But you can't save them!! No more saving points to carry over to another day.. You have the 49 all in one day. Spread evenly across the week. Just a few here and there.. Or not at all. They're yours to use as you will.. And if you dont want to use them, dont!
Most people use them up over the weekend as we all know weekends are a nightmare when tryna lose weight with drinking n lack of routine...
Hope this is easy to understand and explained properly.. If you have any questions feel free to message me..
Hope I haven't confused you more :D

thanks thats really informative. I'll have to wait until next month to join because the failed hypnotherapy has cost me a small fortune... x

Thanks for the reply linz :) It sounds like its exactly what I need to get me on track :) Can't wait now :) x

It limits yer daily intake of food rather than portion sizes...

its €20 to join and €10 per week there after
My one tip would always be to weigh EVERYTHING!

When I do my shopping I come home and weigh out everything and wrap it in individual servings and freeze it.. That way nothing gets wasted, you don't guess yer portion, and u know exactly what points are in ur serving.. Handy for me to do as I dont cook for anyone only me.. No kids or hubby (yet) so its easy..

thanks thats really informative. I'll have to wait until next month to join because the failed hypnotherapy has cost me a small fortune... x

Would love to get hypnotherapy done.. Its very hit n miss tho isn't it?!
I know some ppl its worked really well on, and others who didnt find it helpful at all.. And like you say.. its not cheap!! x

Would love to get hypnotherapy done.. Its very hit n miss tho isn't it?!
I know some ppl its worked really well on, and others who didnt find it helpful at all.. And like you say.. its not cheap!! x

Exactly....I had to do it to find out whether it would work for me though, and now I have and have no regrets about it. It's just like another failed diet I guess :) I can see how it does work for some though :)

Thank goodness I can get back on the site today...it wouldn't let me yesterday afternoon at all. Can anyone else shed any light for me?

Hi, I know I am a bit late replying, but just wanted to post to you as someone who has moved from SW to WWPP 2 weeks ago. I really struggled with extra easy and decided to move to WW rather than continuing to amble along on SW and not really get anywhere.

The new pro points plan means that the move from SW to WW isn't such a shock to the system as it might have been in the past. Fruit is and most vegetables are zero points rather like SW so snacking on fruit is a good way to help with any hunger issues you might have with WW initially. I found for the first week on WW I was a little hungry at times this was mainly due to the reduced amount of pasta/rice/potatoes I was eating. As you know with SW you can eat these unlimited and I was getting to the stage where I was having at least 100-120g of rice and pasta per meal, so going down to 40-60g of rice and pasta was a shock to the system. I do personally feel that WW teaches you about having realisitic portions, so it does help with portion control. There is far more flexibility with WWPP and allows more easily for ready meals or ready prepared food than SW does.

I know there is a deal at the moment where you can doing classes or online for £1 - I've just paid £33 for 3 months online, which I think is a great deal.

Good luck, I'm sure you will love WWPP xx

Thanks Lydia, that's great! I've heard the weight losses aren't as dramatic in the first instance but that it goes steadily down. That's better than my on/off/on/off/on sw weight loss record.... :) I've picked my meeting and I'll be going on Monday 3rd October. So excited it's untrue :)

Thanks Lydia, that's great! I've heard the weight losses aren't as dramatic in the first instance but that it goes steadily down. That's better than my on/off/on/off/on sw weight loss record.... :) I've picked my meeting and I'll be going on Monday 3rd October. So excited it's untrue :)

I lost 3lbs in my first week, but I would be happy with a pound a week, I'm in it for the long haul and due to a thyroid problem I don't really have huge losses, but this plan is definitely sustainable for the future.

Good luck, glad you are excited, it will fuel the motivation and determination!

Any loss is good enough for me...but then you weigh a hell of a lot less than me! your 3lbs in the first week is great :) I'll keep an eye on you missy! lol x

Any loss is good enough for me...but then you weigh a hell of a lot less than me! your 3lbs in the first week is great :) I'll keep an eye on you missy! lol x

LOL!! Please do!! :D

Anybody else coming over to weight watchers from slimming world? Is this a good idea or am I just getting overly excited?! x

I dunno about small loses on ww's I lost 7.5lbs in week one!! Although thats prob cause I resemble a whale at the moment!! Loving ww's!!

Im coming over to WW as well. Quite enjoyed SW but there isn't a meeting near me at a time I can go to and I really need a class to keep me on track. Bought a monthly pass last night and I'm heading to my first meeting tomorrow afternoon. I think the crunch came when I weighed my daughter yesterday and she was 3st and I realised I have a whole child to lose! I know how heavy she is to carry and I'm having to carry that extra weight around all the time.

Livi,

I've come over from SW in June. I followed SW when pregnant but find I don't lose weight with SW. I always have success with WW.

Ive found this plan fits my lifestyle perfectly. I feel like its 'normal' and gives me the flexibility to have take aways whenever I fancy.

Everytime the weekend came I always ended up being off the SW plan, as eating out wasn't the easiest.

If your happy to weigh all your foods and count everything. You will be rewarded with a flexable plan.

Good luck

I've just started ww from sw, i love sw but i'm finding that 4 days a week (when i'm at work) i end up off track because sometimes after 11hrs at work i don't want to come home and cook, sometimes i just want chicken nuggets and chips :D and i don't eat veg so i was always having to choose between pasta or meat on sw.
I'm doing ww online because i don't really like classes and i like having the online access to things.

I am finding 48 pp a day a huge amount though, but enjoyed having a wagon wheel with my cuppa to up my points

Back