WW vs SW

ickleLB

I know this has been and will probably keep being asked for eternities to come :)
Am just wondering has anyone donw SW then moved to WW and found they lost more quicker? I am now on week 5 of SW and feel like my weigh loss is quite slow, I also made the point of paying for a 6 week countdown last week so feel am trapped now, but I am considering moving to WW
I would just like to know if anyone has made the switch and its worked in their favour :)

Thanks guys

I think its quite individual - ww is better in controlling portion size whereas I think SW isn't so good at this. So it sort of depends what sort of eater you are. My weightloss is very slow as I've only got a stone or so to lose - I don't get that new diet quick loss anymore - just yo yo

thanks hun
I have lost as you can see a good amount slowly but am just wondering if ww would be faster, I know the weighing etc may be harder and more time consuming but there are more boundaries, everyone thinks am mad lol considering a change but surely a week cant harm to see if it helps lol

ickleLB said:
thanks hun
I have lost as you can see a good amount slowly but am just wondering if ww would be faster, I know the weighing etc may be harder and more time consuming but there are more boundaries, everyone thinks am mad lol considering a change but surely a week cant harm to see if it helps lol

I don't think it'll be any faster - but in some ways it's more flexible I think and I think I can stick it for longer

yeah it prob is a little more flexible with the things you can buy which will be able to incorparate into diet wondering if that will make the shopping more expensive
The having to have 1/3 superfree with every meal kills me as am not a salad liker and not big on veg only eat minimum so having to have fruit with brekkie and lunch and then thats my free snacks too :(

Hi there, I've only been on WW for a week but it seems to suit me better, as like you, icklelb I found that I was toiling with the 1/3 superfree on SW and find that the portion control of WW stops me from eating colossal amounts of 'free foods'. I also find it easier to fit in the treats that I like...15 syns just didn't quite cut it for me. I think it's not until you try different diets that you can find which suits you best. Good luck with whatever plan you decide to follow, dieting is never easy that's for sure :)

Jamtart

Last edited:
Thanks hun, its been really playing on my mind all day lol - just dont want people thinking am givin up, the only issue is have paid 6 weeks so have 5 left and dont really have the info to try ww whilst there without joining and dont want to pay twice!
Oh how the mind boggles lol x

I know, once I made the decision to lose weight I was amazed at how many different diets there are! And most of them want to charge you for sharing their information, but I did SW and am now doing WW using the info from mainly just this site. The only thing I've bought for WW is their magazine..I was going to 'splash out' on one of their points calculators until I realised that I could work out all the points stuff by myself! I'm going to try it for a month and see how it goes x

ickleLB said:
Thanks hun, its been really playing on my mind all day lol - just dont want people thinking am givin up, the only issue is have paid 6 weeks so have 5 left and dont really have the info to try ww whilst there without joining and dont want to pay twice!
Oh how the mind boggles lol x

Hi I just wondered if you knew about the ultimate value diary app, it's 1.99 but is basically an independent ww app, got all the points values etc, and a weight and food tracker, it's ideal if yu don't want to pay out for ww stuff xxxx

ohhhh really? Ive only got blackberry so wonder if its on there I may have a look later
Thanks

Hi all,

I am also in this predicament, I joined Slimming World a week ago and I noticed in my first week, the considerable amount of money I spent on fruits, vegetables and Salad, so that I was getting 1/3 superfree at every meal time. And now we are on the last week of the month and funds have completely run out (thanks to a very expensive pet bill:cry:) I can not go and buy any fruit, veg or salad and therefore will not be following the plan and correctly and will hinder my weight loss as the key principle of SW Extra Easy is to fill 1/3 of your plate at every meal time with superfree foods.

I also noticed how difficult it was to eat on the go especially at work, where there is nowhere to eat "SW friendly food" I was bringing food in but there was 1 or 2 days when I had been out the night before and never had time to prepare anythign for the next day, so I spent the whole morning of the next day racking my brain trying to decide what to eat to fit into the plan.

I also like cereal in the morning, and I have found that when doing this I was unable to have any bread, milk or cheese during the course of the day, unless I wanted to use these valuable syns.

So I am toying with the idea of SW or WW. I have 8 stone to lose, so I have a very long way to go, which is why I want to follow a plan that will be easy, straight forward and one that I can follow come rain or shine!!

Any advice would be so helpful

xxxxxx

I spent almost a year on ww doing the pro points plan. I lost 2 stone in that time, bearing in mind I only had 2 and a half stone to lose altogether. I had never tried a slimming club before and really enjoyed ww at the start, I liked weighing things out, I you don't and would be tempted to just guess weights etc ww isn't for you..it's alot easier than sw for eating out, also for ready meals etc.

However I am now doing sw and I find I feel so much healthier and better in myself with less bread and junk in my diet. On ww provided you stay within your allocated points you can eat whatever you want you could snack on chocolate, crisps, have loads of bread etc but for me this didn't sort out and teach me to change my eating habits when I wasnt on ww. I'm the type of person give me an inch and il take a mile and I was still eating crisps most days etc.

From doing two weeks on sw one and at home and this one at class I feel it's more of a lifestyle change. If I want to have a chocolate bar I have to work it harder into my syns but really I'd rather use my syns for other things than junk food. I am alot more discouraged from eating junk that I was at ww. Bearing In mind my issues with food aren't with portion size at all just a really ba sweet and junk food tooth! So I don't have an issue with portion size on sw.

Both work of you stick to it, but right now I believe sw is going to be the best transition for me into a healthier lifestyle I can maintain.

Well I did lose 2 lbs this week so was made up as hit my 1/2 stone but I am stressing again about food, I really miss a sandwich - never thought I would say those words lol but I do, I really dont know what to do and am glad am not the only one thinking this through :)

I've done SW a couple times and lost up to 2stone successfully but ive now switched to WW and I'm liking it a lot more. Your not restricted on what you want to eat, none of this if you eat this you can't have that with the As n Bs n syn vaules. It is a lot of weighing and counting to start with but it's something new and you soon get use to it. It's more convient with ready meals not just WW but tescos lighter choices, sainsburys be good to yourself, m&s fuller for longer thats if you haven't always got time to cook or if you want to grab a sandwich on the go and it makes eating out and treats easier with the extra 49propoints they give you a week. I enjoyed SW and the good portions and free foods but it just makes you eat more neways. Hope this helps!

I think you hit the nail on the head there Hot Sauce, thats where I get frustrated, if I have toast for breakfast for example I cant then have a sandwich or more bread unless I use my syns, by that point the syns have been used up quite a bit lol!!
Yeah the counting puts me off but from what everyone is saying ww seems moer flexible. and yes you do eat more on sw I think.
I will definately keep looking into which may work the best, just wish I didnt have to pay for both to decide hahaha x

Yeah.. WW were doin a join free and first wk free when a joined about 3wks bk I don't kno if that offer still stands but maybe continue with SW til ur prepaid runs out n then give WW a whirl and see if you like it.. It's not as hard as people think especially if you've got apps and online help searching point values in things. You can have to weigh things like cereal, rice, pasta, noodles things like that. But yeah personally having fone both I prefer WW. Good luck!

HotSauce said:
Yeah.. WW were doin a join free and first wk free when a joined about 3wks bk I don't kno if that offer still stands but maybe continue with SW til ur prepaid runs out n then give WW a whirl and see if you like it.. It's not as hard as people think especially if you've got apps and online help searching point values in things. You can have to weigh things like cereal, rice, pasta, noodles things like that. But yeah personally having fone both I prefer WW. Good luck!

To save weighing cereal if it's an issue buy the mini variety packets :)

starkissedx said:
I spent almost a year on ww doing the pro points plan. I lost 2 stone in that time, bearing in mind I only had 2 and a half stone to lose altogether. I had never tried a slimming club before and really enjoyed ww at the start, I liked weighing things out, I you don't and would be tempted to just guess weights etc ww isn't for you..it's alot easier than sw for eating out, also for ready meals etc.

However I am now doing sw and I find I feel so much healthier and better in myself with less bread and junk in my diet. On ww provided you stay within your allocated points you can eat whatever you want you could snack on chocolate, crisps, have loads of bread etc but for me this didn't sort out and teach me to change my eating habits when I wasnt on ww. I'm the type of person give me an inch and il take a mile and I was still eating crisps most days etc.

From doing two weeks on sw one and at home and this one at class I feel it's more of a lifestyle change. If I want to have a chocolate bar I have to work it harder into my syns but really I'd rather use my syns for other things than junk food. I am alot more discouraged from eating junk that I was at ww. Bearing In mind my issues with food aren't with portion size at all just a really ba sweet and junk food tooth! So I don't have an issue with portion size on sw.

Both work of you stick to it, but right now I believe sw is going to be the best transition for me into a healthier lifestyle I can maintain.

But WW doesn't force you to eat those things. I have been dong it since the start if May and have not eaten any sugar (including chocolate, sweets, cakes, etc), cheese, crisps, or white flour products. I just tell myself that I can't have them.

Yeah you can use your points on any food you like and can cut out treats altogether if you wish. Fruit and vegetables are also free, you don't have to point them so along with protein and carbs your getting just what you need! It isnt an unhealthy diet.

Back