WW vs SW

Yes I know it doesn't force you too, I'm just saying with so many points and 49 weeklies it's inevitable you may have the mindset that you can use it on some junk.I did it from may 2011 till about feb 2012, being an activ member of the ww boards on here I have witnessed many people with alot of daily PP resort to using them on some treats daily to simply use of the daily PP they were given. I credit ww to helping me lose 2 stone and becoming a much healthier happier person and def wouldn't discourage people from following it.

Some people who are overweight are overweight due to eating alot of junk food like I was myself..I am the type of person who likes in a sense a limit put on the amount of junk food I can eat..ww does not have this imposed limit, it is great for people who can themselves chose not to eat junk food but for me I couldn't not eat it and often was eating crisps and chocolate every day, and I know in my experience on the boards here it wasn't just me.

If you have this self restraint that's great but that's just my personal opinion and experience on the plan :)

Yes I know it doesn't force you too, I'm just saying with so many points and 49 weeklies it's inevitable some may have the mindset that you can use it on some junk.I did it from may 2011 till about feb 2012, being an activ member of the ww boards on here I have witnessed many people with alot of daily PP resort to using them on some treats daily to simply use of the daily PP they were given. I credit ww to helping me lose 2 stone and becoming a much healthier happier person and def wouldn't discourage people from following it.

Some people who are overweight are overweight due to eating alot of junk food like I was myself..I am the type of person who likes in a sense a limit put on the amount of junk food I can eat..ww does not have this imposed limit, it is great for people who can themselves chose not to eat junk food but for me I couldn't not eat it and often was eating crisps and chocolate every day, and I know in my experience on the boards here it wasn't just me. If people join any slimming club they have issues with food they didn't get overweight eating fruit and veg, they did often with chocolate, crisps and alcohol. Often people find it hard to give up these things conpletely especially if there is nothing stopping them from eating them but themselves.

If you have this self restraint that's great but that's just my personal opinion and experience on the plan :) Ohh and I wasn't saying it was an unhealthy diet at all I wouldn't have lost 2stone on it if it didn't work, but as I said its my personal opinion and that's it really.

I understand what your saying. Everyone's different and has different reason for dieting eg wrong foods, portion control ect.. I wouldn't knock SW either it is a very good diet and I too lost over 2 stones following it. Just different preferences :)

ickleLB said:
I know this has been and will probably keep being asked for eternities to come :)
Am just wondering has anyone donw SW then moved to WW and found they lost more quicker? I am now on week 5 of SW and feel like my weigh loss is quite slow, I also made the point of paying for a 6 week countdown last week so feel am trapped now, but I am considering moving to WW
I would just like to know if anyone has made the switch and its worked in their favour :)

Thanks guys

I found my weight loss very slow on SW but really, I think it's a case of horses for courses. I prefer WW only because there is much more portion control and I still think its wrong SW advocate you can eat as much as you like of things such as red meat and eggs. That seriously cannot be healthy BUT the NHS back SW and people do find real success with it; it wouldn't be so well established or have such successful weight losses if it didn't work. I think you need to find the right diet which suits you and your lifestyle. I've found my weightloss is better with WW but if you're positive about something it will work. I was like you, I'd committed myself to attend for 6 weeks and I hated it which might account for my slow weight loss as I just wasn't "into it".

Some people might find heir weight loss is slow on WW but it might be because it doesn't suit them As I said, horses for courses really. I'm glad I gave SW a go but it wasn't for me, even though I lost 8lb in the 6 weeks (which I felt was slow). I've lost 11lb on WW in 6 weeks. Not much in it but psychologically, I'm happier. It worked for me before (lost just under 4st) but gained this and more due to serious personal situation.

Davey1984 said:
Hi all,

I am also in this predicament, I joined Slimming World a week ago and I noticed in my first week, the considerable amount of money I spent on fruits, vegetables and Salad, so that I was getting 1/3 superfree at every meal time. And now we are on the last week of the month and funds have completely run out (thanks to a very expensive pet bill:cry:) I can not go and buy any fruit, veg or salad and therefore will not be following the plan and correctly and will hinder my weight loss as the key principle of SW Extra Easy is to fill 1/3 of your plate at every meal time with superfree foods.

I also noticed how difficult it was to eat on the go especially at work, where there is nowhere to eat "SW friendly food" I was bringing food in but there was 1 or 2 days when I had been out the night before and never had time to prepare anythign for the next day, so I spent the whole morning of the next day racking my brain trying to decide what to eat to fit into the plan.

I also like cereal in the morning, and I have found that when doing this I was unable to have any bread, milk or cheese during the course of the day, unless I wanted to use these valuable syns.

So I am toying with the idea of SW or WW. I have 8 stone to lose, so I have a very long way to go, which is why I want to follow a plan that will be easy, straight forward and one that I can follow come rain or shine!!

Any advice would be so helpful

xxxxxx

I have to say, I found the food prep and expense immense on SW. Find WW much easier and more flexible but that's only my opinion and each and everyone of us is different. No worrying about 1/3 plate of fruit/veg blah blah blah...I do this naturally anyway but not worrying relentlessly if I've got enough on my plate for the SW diet to work.

Exactly how I felt about SW a lot of prep and planning meals and alot more expensive. WW is a lot more convient and fits when your busy or out being sociable you aren't as restricted and that's why it works for me too. :)

Aww everyone has such good advice on here!!
Thanks tayberry I am in week 6 now and think I have 4 weeks left on my card that I have paid for, I might see on the ww boards if anyone can tell me how many points im supposed to have and give ww a go next week or the week after ( I say week after as we are having a bbq this weekend and am thinkin all the sw free food will be easier to do ha ha ha)
If I find it easier then I will give it a good go, its not about how fast the weight comes off anymore, well it is but I want it to stay off so am hoping in the 22 weeks that will be christmas I will be in my size 12's comfortably even less b ut we will see how we go :) xx

Back