WW - Week 1

Hello all,

I have decided to write a diary. I hope that you will find it interesting and those of you who are on week 1 of weight watchers might like to share your experiences and we can egg each other on through our weight loss 'journey'.

The reason I decided to join WW was that although I have always been on the larger size, my pregnancy and having my baby has still left me carrying around an extra 4 stone. I'm doing this for me but also for my baby son and husband, because although they love me as I am, I want to me a yummy mummy and be able to be really active as he grows up.

I have started with a lot of weight to lose however have found this week really easy. At the weekend, I did use my whole points entitlement, but during the week I am taking and average of 20 - 22 (My allowance is 31).

I haven't started with Fast start as I thought I would not have enough willpower in the first week and wanted to ease in gently. I may do this next week depending on my weight loss.

The most surprising thing I have noticed about my previous habits are as follows:

• I used to eat half of a meal that was supposed to serve 4
  • I don't drink half enough water
  • I don't even need to eat when I'm at work, so actually having lunch is a luxury - why did I always succumb to the cake and biscuits
  • Eating breakfast does really help me to stop being hungry and snacking
Anyway, I feel that realising these things in the first week, is hopefully my first steps to changing my eating habits for life.

Weigh in is on Thursday, I will post my weight loss then.

Good luck to everyone!

Positive thinking and setting yourself a goal is the way forward.

Sian ;)

Hi Sian and welcome to Minimins!

You sound very motivated and I am sure you will get to where you want to be:D. One thing i would suggest to you is that you should perhaps think about eating all your points except for special times when you could save a few:p. Your body needs to adjust gradually to your new regime and you will still steadily lose weight. However you will find what's right for you:D

I am sure there will be plenty of advice on here for you!!

Good luck!

Back