X factor again !!!

xMandyDx said:
Is it worth trying out for, anymore?
Is there any real talent on it, these days?
Or is it, as was suggested on a different board, a show made by morons, for morons?

Discuss!

Or does any of it really matter when we are all still here talking about it and theres still so many million watching it each week?!

Very true. No publicity is bad publicity, kind of thing, I suppose.

But then again, I suppose it would matter if you were thinking of travelling to the UK to try out for it sometime in the future...like me lol

If your genuinely a good singer, then no. If you're utter rubbish, go right ahead - you've got an excellent chance of getting through!

Two words to answer this one: Frankie Cocozza.

Or is it, as was suggested on a different board, a show made by morons, for morons?
At the risk of upsetting/offending anyone, yes.

It just seems that these days submitting demo tapes are obsolete and the way forward are these types of competitions. I would like to make a career for myself. Have won various competitions, etc., and know I have the voice. I just need the opportunity, I guess.

xMandyDx said:
It just seems that these days submitting demo tapes are obsolete and the way forward are these types of competitions. I would like to make a career for myself. Have won various competitions, etc., and know I have the voice. I just need the opportunity, I guess.

You here so many stories that people who audition have actually been head hunted to apply if that makes sense. So they fix it so these people go through. I would go for it, just be realistic about what to expect. For every person you see on the telly there are a few thousand more you dont see who go for it.

Discuss!

In my opinion the show is most definitely not made by morons but by an extremely clever man whose success cannot be denied.You either like him or you hate him. As I have said before , Simon Cowell is one of the most astute and intelligent people in the business. His bank balance is statement to that. You do not make that really serious type of money by being a moron......far from it.

He is rubbing his hands all the way to the bank......no, my friends not a moron at all.

Perhaps the morons are us for watching it.

If you believe in yourself go for it.

With a bit of luck for the next series we will see the return of Simon and a decent panel of judges instead of hormonal, hysterical one and that includes poor old Louis, who for once has talked some sense.

So many ex contestants have made fantastic, lucrative careers after having been on Xfactor and I am not talking about the winners. If anyone remembers Brenda from a few years ago, she has an amazing career in the West End and was on morning T.V. today. I think she was about 4th in her year. Chico, who was rubbish, now has a very comfortable life and is in work all the time. The list goes on of the "also rans" who thanks to Xfactor have good careers and lives. Johnny will be one of the ones from this year who will be able to thank Xfactor for the career that is now guaranteed for him.

Any one who feels really strongly about this years programme should just not watch it. If you want to protest it is the best thing you can do. Ratings and votes are what programmes like this live on.

Last edited:
Yeah - starting to wonder if it's a complete fix. Apparently Amelia Lily has been 200/1 to come back into the show since she was voted out by Kelly. All of the other candidates were 1000/1 or more. So, with Frankie going, is she going to be back this week? And if so, was that the plan all along?
(Gambling industry background here!!)

From a pretty reliable source..............

The X Factor 2011: Should Johnny Robinson replace Frankie Cocozza? | Radio Times

This is not a bumper year for fantastic singers on the show, so without the "crazy" contestants, is there enough left to keep you tuning in?
Now, thanks to today's exciting events, there's a vacancy in the X Factor house. Perhaps the producers will decide to leave it empty and simply cancel a double eviction... or maybe, just maybe, they might add one final BIG TWIST to the competition, and bring a little showbiz sparkle and smile back to the show in the shape of Johnny Robinson.
The judges struggled to choose between Johnny and Kitty at this weekend's eviction show (particularly Louis Walsh - yes, he was crying), so surely this is their chance to have their cake and eat it.
Bookies are already offering just 6/4 on Johnny being reinstated. What do you think? Would you like to see Johnny back?
Vote now in a totally free, non-premium rate poll...
Thank you for voting!

Hell yeah! 78.61% (2,025 votes)

Hell no! 17.74% (457 votes)

Hell's Kitchen! 3.65% (94 votes)

I never understand all the 'fix' allegations. At the end of the day it really doesnt matter who wins, in most cases youre better NOT winning. Look at JLS, One Direction etc. Even likes of Stacey has carved out a very successful non singing career for herself. I cant see whats to be gained by fixing things, after all Simon Cowell can ultimately sign whoever he wants.

The whole Frankie situation has if nothing else got plenty publicity for the show. I must admit I cant help wonder what would have happened if Simon had been on the judges panel though. I think Gary was downright irresponsible in condoning Frankies behaviour in past weeks. Surely as his mentor his responsibility stretches to more than just overseeing his singing/performing. I cant help think Simon would have reigned Frankie in weeks ago.

I think IF the show comes back next year the judges need reviewed. Gary has been petty, childish and very unprofessional. Kelly isnt much better.

But ultimately as far as the viewing figures and income the show generates goes, well there really is no such thing as bad publicity!

Normally I can't stand Louis Walsh, but this year I have found myself agreeing with him on more than one occasion. Which does worry me somewhat but...
What he said about Frankie never being a rock star etc last Saturday was worth watching the whole boring lot of it :D I have also agreed a lot with Louis this year :confused:
I have changed my "judge I can't stand" this year to Kelly Rowland. She's so false and overly sugar coated. I dread to think what her syn value might be.
She is so OTT I could scream. A couple of weeks ago every act "Put it down" then it turns out the title of her latest single is Put it Down...........grrrrrrr
As for the contestants, I'm angry that Jonny was treated as a joke act. Yes he has a unique voice but so did Jimi Somerville and it never did any harm to his career. Jonnys rendition of Unchained Melody in the singoff blew me away. He had his weaker vocal moments but I think song choice and "joke" factor played a part in those decisions rather than picking what would actually suit his voice.
Poor Johnny dressed as a geisha girl wtf??? Why does Louis do this to his acts every year?
Frankie should have been well gone by now, he has a ridiculously weak voice. I'm not disappointed that The Risk have gone, they were manufactured by the show, and that annoys me.
Frankie has got to the the worst ever!!! Such a to$$er. He cannot sing anymore than I can
Marcus gave an outstanding performance this week but in previous weeks I have been less impressed. I love Craig, but he isn't the strongest vocalist, but I suspect he may win, because he is likeable, but be a Joe Mcelderry sort of winner. Misha B will be where the record company want to throw their money, I reckon. Unless she accidentally gets eliminated, she will be the one who gets the career out of it.
Craig is a great singer and so much more likeable, I hope he wins it
Ooo - so cynical Steve :)

I still watch it. I have never taken it seriously tbh. The most i get is a bit annoyed. I don't think that frankie is at all worth being there, but I'm afraid as long as you parental types let your 14 year old daughters vote he'll be there!

He doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as the Janet bird - completely irrational hatred of her.
Oooh me too. I just don't buy into her little innocent girlie act at all. Last week she totally bombed....good!!! :D
Clearly Misha B & Marcus are head & shoulders above the rest.

I despair at the sing off. Why bother to make them sing again if they're only going to put through the one who will go the furthest in the competition, the one who has so much more to give, the one who will sell the most records, etc.

Janet, singing an up tempo number this week proved that the Irish twang is totally forced which bugs me so much. Her breathing technique is rubbish too. I was surprised The Risk went but that Ashley has been brought back 3 times already so far so maybe he'll return on Saturday as something else!

I love Gary Barlows bum as well. Hot.

Nearly as hot as Olly Murs bulge.

Thats a different topic i think.

x
:eek: :D
i love Little Mix, i think they are great and could do well. couldnt give a toss about the rest.
Has anyone watched the American X Factor, now they have real talent there.
I think Little Mix are really good, nice to see a girl band doing well for once.
Frankie has been booted out for allegedly boasting about drug taking. They're going to make an announcement about what will happen for Saturday's show.

wonder if The Risk will be back for the 400th time?! :rolleyes:
I was shocked that they were voted out but as they had the least amount of votes then it is only fair that Johnny comes back.....but only if Louis stops trying to make him out to be a fool.
According to the official X-Factor website he hasn't been booted out, he's walked out.

Either way though........THANK YOU GOD!! :worthy:

Now, get Johnny back! xx

Hear hear!! So glad he's gone! Couldn't stand him-plus he didn't sing anyway!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Such a shame..............NOT!

Though the cynic in me can't help thinking this is all a ploy to keep Xfactor in the press.....
Well, he was booted off for admitting to doing lines of coke last Saturday. Good riddance I say. Stupid little boy thinking he's all that.

Apart from all that........I quite like the show, purely from a biatching point of view of course lol.

I never understand all the 'fix' allegations. At the end of the day it really doesnt matter who wins, in most cases youre better NOT winning. Look at JLS, One Direction etc. Even likes of Stacey has carved out a very successful non singing career for herself. I cant see whats to be gained by fixing things, after all Simon Cowell can ultimately sign whoever he wants.

The whole Frankie situation has if nothing else got plenty publicity for the show. I must admit I cant help wonder what would have happened if Simon had been on the judges panel though. I think Gary was downright irresponsible in condoning Frankies behaviour in past weeks. Surely as his mentor his responsibility stretches to more than just overseeing his singing/performing. I cant help think Simon would have reigned Frankie in weeks ago.

I think IF the show comes back next year the judges need reviewed. Gary has been petty, childish and very unprofessional. Kelly isnt much better.

But ultimately as far as the viewing figures and income the show generates goes, well there really is no such thing as bad publicity!

Summed up. end of story !!!

Ooo - so cynical Steve :)

I still watch it. I have never taken it seriously tbh. The most i get is a bit annoyed. I don't think that frankie is at all worth being there, but I'm afraid as long as you parental types let your 14 year old daughters vote he'll be there!

He doesn't annoy me anywhere near as much as the Janet bird - completely irrational hatred of her.

Clearly Misha B & Marcus are head & shoulders above the rest.

Give it up Kingleds, I thoroughly recommend it.

Such a shame..............NOT!

Though the cynic in me can't help thinking this is all a ploy to keep Xfactor in the press.....

And you call me cynical!

Reality TV my @rse! BB, I'm a celebrity, etc. etc. I used to watch them all and then decided to pack the lot in and get off my fat backside and do something more constructive with body, mind and soul.

'Tis no coincidence that my good for nothing lazy carcase shrunk from 17st 7lb to 10st 12lb since I last watched any reality show. - I did watch one series of the Biggest Loser but only for tips;)

Amazed it took so many people so long to cotton onto X Facotor's "formula":cool:

kingleds said:
My second fav book of his after Blind Faith!

My third after Blast From The Past and High Society!
Haven't read Blind Faith yet but have had it for years. I'll read it on your recommendation!

I don't understand the attraction of the show, it's mostly like a really bad Karaoke night only I'm never drunk enough to listen!
My hubby watches every week, well he did until this series, he prefers Strictly and Merlin now!
I've seen bits of it and Tulisa's 'You nailed it' and the other bint vomiting saccharine over everyone and then Gary with his frozen face and superior attitude he really makes my teeth itch, put them together and I want to obliterate myself!

I think they've tried to recreate past contestants, Janet is another Diana Vickers (without the talent), the weird one Johnny is it? Is the Jedward/Chico comedy act. Misha is another Leona or Alexandra, don't know the others names but the girl who wants to be a cruise ship singer? She's the Michelle McManus/Tesco Mary.
The scary blonde one who had death threats? There was a scary blonde one everyone hated before too.

Anyway hearing Cher Lloyd talking about herself as an artist on the radio today made me wanna bite chunks out of the steering wheel!

shirleen. tell us what you really think Im not sure if you like it or not :giggle:

I have to admit much as Ive gone right off Gary and Kelly does my head in, I think for Simon to blame them for the slump in viewing figures isnt necessarily fair, I think like any show, its just had its day. It doesnt take a genius to work out that the pool of 'talent' is going to run out. I think he should face the fact it WAS huge, it WAS a massive hit but now, its run its course, regardless of whos on the judging panel.

Back