X Factor

I love X-Factor (& Simon Cowell!!) but my hubby reminds me every year that I say "I can't believe they are still in it & *whoever* is gone - it's fixed & I'm not watching it again" Ha!

Well, it IS another year with different peeps!!

She really made me think. If I had lost that much I know I would be feeling on top of the world and like I could acheive anything. Before Simon changed his mind I thought about how she must be feeling having come so far in a personal battle only to be slapped back down again. That kind of rejection would have made me think "why did I bother".

So it really made me think about how much 'blame' we put on our size, how we think "when I have lost the weight I can...." But once the weight has gone we are still the same person. Or is that just me?

So what did everyone think of saturday's results?

And who do you like/dislike so far?

I think that out of everyone, diana or austin should have gone home. But out of the two girl bands they made the wrong choice. Girl band may have sang better on the night, but i think bad lashes have way more potential.

I like -

bad lashes :(
daniel
alexandra (fab fab fab!)
jls
scott (i actually loved that song he sang!)
austin

I dislike -

owen (or however you spell it)
rachel (rarrrrrr!!!!!!!!!)
laura (another rarrrr)
diana (sounds like she's got Mr Bean stuck in her vocal chords :rotflmao: )

and the others i neither like, nor dislike - they're just 'there' - a bit boring for my taste!

over to you... ;)

In terms of their actual singing, I think Laura, Alexandra and Austin are best, but also think JLS, Rachel and Diana all have chances of getting quite far. The rest of them may be lovely people, but I don't think they have that 'X' factor that it's all about. Daniel being a prime example really. I think at this stage I'll be hoping Alexandra or Laura wins. Austin irritates me slightly.

For me, Scott should have gone on Saturday. I was really shocked he made it into Simon's top 3 anyway, but he just doesn't have a strong enough, or good enough voice.

Oooh but i LOVED his performance! (probs the only one in the country who did, mind :eek: lol)

Doesn't rachael get on anyone else's wick?!? Or is it just me? IMO she tries to sound as much like amy winehouse as she can get away with, and has just about learnt to curb her annoyingly cocky tongue for the live show - until she got a few compliments, then it was 'all about her' again - and what's with the dodgy grinding thing she does? BLEUGHR!!!!! :rotflmao:

delighted girlband went i thought ruth was very good :) although the m jackson thing was a bit crap none of them did a good song. girls aloud were brill!!!

I read the Scottish girl's article on The Sun and this quote stuck out a mile... I can't WAIT to be able to say this... “The best feeling in the world was knowing I was too small for Evans’ clothes.”

I'm addicted to the X Factor, which is strange really because I hate all these reality type programmes, celeb programmes etc, but I just can't help loving the X Factor, much to the annoyance of my other half LOL.

I love Laura's voice and the emotion she puts into a song.
Alexandra is very good, but she's a typical black female singer. not that there's anything wrong with that, but seen it all before.
Eoghan (sp?) will get the cute votes. He's not a strong enough singer and when the announced it was a Michael Jackson theme last week, i KNEW he'd be doing Ben.
I can't abide Ruth. She's only there because Simon wants to 'do' her LOL, although she did pretty good with Purple Rain.
Rachel just winds me up when I look at her..
Austin, I really didn't want him to go through, but he's doing ok.
JLS will be in the final.
Diana, is definately a marmite singer. I like her.. BUT she has do something else other than a quirky ballad or I'll go off her LOL
Daniel - hmmm, cutesy pub singer the grannies will love.
Scott - a bit wishy washy, but I reckon he's going to improve. give him the right song.

And for god's sake someone vote Dannii Minogue off and send her home, she drives me insane!!

Ok, that's my bit said LOL. I feel better for that. Here's to next week!!

I love Laura's voice and the emotion she puts into a song.
Alexandra is very good, but she's a typical black female singer. not that there's anything wrong with that, but seen it all before.
Eoghan (sp?) will get the cute votes. He's not a strong enough singer and when the announced it was a Michael Jackson theme last week, i KNEW he'd be doing Ben.
I can't abide Ruth. She's only there because Simon wants to 'do' her LOL, although she did pretty good with Purple Rain.
Rachel just winds me up when I look at her..
Austin, I really didn't want him to go through, but he's doing ok.
JLS will be in the final.
Diana, is definately a marmite singer. I like her.. BUT she has do something else other than a quirky ballad or I'll go off her LOL
Daniel - hmmm, cutesy pub singer the grannies will love.
Scott - a bit wishy washy, but I reckon he's going to improve. give him the right song.

And for god's sake someone vote Dannii Minogue off and send her home, she drives me insane!!

My thoughts on them all are pretty much identical to yours actually! I don't dislike Ruth that much, but she does irritate me slightly. Purple Rain was definitely the best I've seen from her.

My favourites are Laura and JLS at the moment, closely followed by Diana. I think Alexandra and Austin also deserve to be up there...so I'd say that'd be my top 5!

Oh my god - laura was TERRIBLE!!! And diana's getting on my wick even more now lol :eek:

I loved austin's version last night, and i hate to say it but ruth's purple rain was FAB.

Love alexandra and want her to win - she hasn't faltered once - she's a great singer!!! :D

Has someone hidden the X Factor hairbrush? Ruth, Laura and Diana always seem to have such messy hair!

I loved Alexandra, Laura, Austin and Diana. I think Diana was fab last night. My hubby picked Alexandra to win at audition stage...and I think she's in with a good chance although my favorite last night was Diana. Austins Billy Jean was good, but I preferred David Cooks version on American Idol....now that was AMAZING.

Has someone hidden the X Factor hairbrush? Ruth, Laura and Diana always seem to have such messy hair!

ROFL!! I thought the same thing. I wish they'd quite with that flippin wind machine on Ruth too!! :mad: I'm surprised she can sing at all with all that wind rushing in her face.

Back