X Factor

I love Laura's voice and the emotion she puts into a song.
Alexandra is very good, but she's a typical black female singer. not that there's anything wrong with that, but seen it all before.

So if someone who isn't black sings with fantastic a soulful voice [aka Laura] ... its ok.

If a black person sings with a good soulful voice it's typical and boring [because they all sing like that]?

I truly resent people with opinions like yours.

Well, bit worried about saying who I like now lol!!
Ruth to win, love her look and her voice!
JLS second, SO cute
Diane third, love her individuality,sorry

Rachael is so up her own butt!! I like singers who dont realize how good they are, not the ones who think they are better than they are!
eugeon? cute but not strong enough
Alex is fab but as someone else said, there are plenty of girls with her style of voice so dont think it will win it for her.
I dont think anything of the rest, pretty average I think.
But love it, and am gonna audition myself next May once I am at target, didnt get through 3 years ago, told voice good but wrong image! so am dealing with image.
Hopefully next year you can all slag off my singing lol!!!!!!! pmsl
cheers Tiz :giggle:

Last edited:
Alex is fab but as someone else said, pretty standard black female singer, they are good but there is definatly a mould out there they get their vocal cords from.

What?! Seem you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Laura who clearly seeks her inspiration and arrangements from Motown singers etc. is allowed to be wonderful because she isn't black. Yet a black girl who is her equal in terms of ability is not fantastic? Why are people's talents categorised according to their skin colour?

Does that then make Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross et mediocre in comparison to Dusty Springfield?

The last few posts here have really pissed me off and in this day and age I marvel incredulously at such ignorance. The two of you should be ashamed.

What?! Seem you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Laura who clearly seeks her inspiration and arrangements from Motown singers etc. is allowed to be wonderful because she isn't black. Yet a black girl who is her equal in terms of ability is not fantastic? Why are people's talents categorised according to their skin colour?

Does that then make Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross et mediocre in comparison to Dusty Springfield?

The last few posts here have really pissed me off and in this day and age I marvel incredulously at such ignorance. The two of you should be ashamed.

Hi, Wasn't said to offend anybody, there are also alot of white girls out there who are very much in a set catagorie, I should have said this in earlier post as racial I definatly am not. There are certain voices that are all very similar and I happen to like a more individual sound thats all, sorry I really dont mean to offend anybody. I dont like Laura's voice much either. At the end of the day its down to personal taste of music, its just unfortunate we mentioned colour in the post, she has got a certain sound that goes with her race, but like I said I think there are also the same examples in white girls, They all want to look like pam anderson and sound like girls aloud, doesnt mean I dont like them.
Anyway, sorry again. Think I'll stick to diet threads lol doesnt cause such a stir.
Bye Tiz

So if someone who isn't black sings with fantastic a soulful voice [aka Laura] ... its ok.

If a black person sings with a good soulful voice it's typical and boring [because they all sing like that]?

I truly resent people with opinions like yours.

I think you've mis-interpretted what I meant.

What I meant by saying I've seen it before is that she's very Whitney Houston, Just as much as Rachel is very Amy Winehouse. It's nothing new. I thought the idea behind the x factor was to bring forward new talent, something different.

to re-quote what I said before "Alexandra is very good, but she's a typical black female singer. not that there's anything wrong with that, but seen it all before."

I still stand by that whether you resent my opinion or not. I have NOTHING against black singers, male or female. one of the best female singers of all time (of any nationality or skin colour) for me is Aretha Franklin. I am absolutely not racist - that could not be further from the truth, but as you don't know me personaly, you don't know that.

I liked Laura's style and the gutsy way she sings. Yes Alexandra can sing, but I don't feel like there's anything that makes her stand out especially. Would I buy Alexandra or Laura's first album? No? This is not my actual taste in music anyway, it's a TV entertainment show, and I gave my opinions on each person in the show.

I didn't think that Leona Lewis should have won when she did... she was nothing new either.. she was too much like Mariah Carey. Bring on something new.

Of course, this is all my personal opinion.

I hope Rachel is off soon. Dont like her personality and I think shes a terrible role model. Im surprised she was allowed to go this far

She is someone who is trying to turn her life around, I think she deserves the chance at least.

She is someone who is trying to turn her life around, I think she deserves the chance at least.

Im all for people having a 2nd chance but she was in jail for theft, was a junkie, I believe was involved in drug dealing and pregnant at 13... sorry thats just too much. Thats not the kind of person Id like my niece to look to as a role model.

And I think shes incredibly arrogant. I have a feeling her mouth will run away with her before too long.

I can't believe anyone could say that Leona Lewis didn't deserve to win when she did. She is an AMAZING singer. She is better then Mariah Carey...and a lot more modest. As for Alexandra.....she is fantastic. She is VERY talented and extreemly beautiful. She may be like Whitney and Mariah, but they are not British. Lets get beautiful, talented singers from this country out there representing Britain.

Leona Lewis has nothing behind the eyes. She's, like, a robot or summat :rotflmao:

And i agree re; rachel. She should no way have been put through. On top of all the bad stuff she's done, she just makes me cringe.. she's just so.. what's the word for it?.... SKANKY!!! :p lol

Leona Lewis has nothing behind the eyes. She's, like, a robot or summat :rotflmao:

I disagree. She's been on loads of US shows at the moment. One where she is singing for charity. She is singing with some amazing singers.....

The full list of artists appearing on the track are: Leona Lewis, Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Mary J. Blige, Sheryl Crow, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, Fergie, LeAnn Rimes, Ashanti, Natasha Bedingfield, Melissa Etheridge, Carrie Underwood, Ciara and Keyshia Cole.

and she stands out. She has the main part in the song and is FANTASTIC. They love her in the US. I'm not bothered about her eyes (which I think are bloody beautiful anyway), its her voice I love. She is fab and so is Alexandra.

I think one of the problems for me is that I like rock music, and I mean heavy rock.

I loved Ben when I saw him at his very first audition (I think that's the x factor that Leona won). He'd got a gritty voice that stood out from the rest and he could sing almost anything. I thought his voice stood out from the rest.. and he looked good ;)

But like I say, I like a good old bit of rock.. Metallica, chili peppers, guns n roses, drowning pool, maiden, dragonforce... etc....

I really hate her singing voice. Any time shes on the radio in the car I have to change stations.

oh gawd yeah - she makes me want to rip my eardrums out and throw them out the car window!!! :eek: :rotflmao:

I think Leona Lewis has the best voice I have heard by a British female in the last 10 years (and I'm not easily impressed with music) This year Alexandra is in a completely different league to everybody else in the competition, but I doubt she'll win.

I think Leona Lewis has the best voice I have heard by a British female in the last 10 years (and I'm not easily impressed with music) This year Alexandra is in a completely different league to everybody else in the competition, but I doubt she'll win.

I agree with everything you say in your post.....I hope Alexandra does win.

Yes i want her to win too - she's amazing!!! :D

I watched the last american idol and David Cook did the "Billie Jean" song and he was amazing. i think that Simon is trying to mould Austin into a British David Cook, as he won AI and is doing very well.

Back