xenical and slimmingworld

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Yummymummy30, 13 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Yummymummy30

Yummymummy30 Full Member

Is anyone doing slimmingworld and using xenical?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Little point really as slimming world in general is a low fat diet. Unless you wanted some kinda super scary safety net(which i could see could work). Personally i find that xenical seems to harsh, plus sw works wonderfully on its own as long as you follow the plan :D

4. custardlipstick

custardlipstick Addicted to Cheese

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(13.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is Xenical a diet boost like ali or something? Sorry never heard of it before! I find SW works pretty well for me when I try so dont need to take anything else!x

5. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Xenical is a prescription drug which blocks fat. Ali works along the same lines but xenical is double the dose of ali hence it needing to be given by a doctor. These things do work but the side effects can be rather horrid if you are not careful with what you eat lol.

6. reptara

reptara Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(13.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes xenical is the prescribed version of alli so slightly stronger I believe and works by expelling any fat you eat. I tried xenical before SW and lost weight but found it hard to carry on normal life cos I was forever going to the toilet and I had a very small baby and two older ones at the time. Sorry if tmi. I don't know how effective it would be alongside SW as SW is low fat maybe try SW alone first?

7. reptara

reptara Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(13.87%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry forgot to add even if you do eat a low fat diet alongside it you need to go or I did anyway and the stomach cramps for me were awful.

8. custardlipstick

custardlipstick Addicted to Cheese

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(13.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ahh I thought it might be! Knew there was one stronger than Ali but didnt know the name and after hearing of the side effects would run a mile!! Yes SW is low fat but I spend my syns on chocolate which is definately not low fat hehe and dont think the two would combine. I have lost nearly 1.5st in 11 weeks and didnt take anyway else so definately suggest to OP to try SW on its own first x

9. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    With xenical and slimming world you have to be careful in eating things like salmon which even though are free on sw have a lot of fat in so tend to cause a reaction. I did try xenical with sw but gave up and only stuck with sw as i love oily fish like salmon and mackeral x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.