Xenical info for New Starters!!..

Caz, buy the large packs of snack a jacks the caramel one is 2.1g per 100g :)

Caz Thanks for that.. i have made home-made soup for the past two nights followed by a Weight Watchers meal.. But i have just seen the Asda own ready meals which are cheap so i might stock up on them for the days i feel lazy lol .. Its all a learning curve, i will get the hang of it.

Iam already checking the fat content in EVERYTHING lol Feel a bit obsessed lol
I have got the S&V Rice cakes i used to snack on them before i started the diet, but have laid off them, but now i know i can eat them they wont be there long lol xx

booboocraig said:
I am on my 2nd day of Xenical although took Alli before....

Can anyone confirm wether I am mean't to keep an eye more on calories or fat.......I now know about the 5g fat rule......although had no side effects....
before I was on 19g fat per meal do I change that now ??

I want to get as much out of this as humanly possible so guidance appreciated

xx

hey how did you find alli did u lose weight with it my doc refused to giv me xenical so might hav to go with alli

I lost a stone in a month with alli Anika.....why has your Dr refused xenical ? I would see another Dr before you buy anything !
If you do use alli buy them online as they are half the price compared to the shops, make sure you buy the alli diet plan book it has lots of recipes in it which are great!
You can buy xenical but it's expensive.....
Get a second opinion from another Dr though and let me know what they said. :)

I agree Rach....as even on Alli your BMI has to be 28 and over

booboocraig said:
I lost a stone in a month with alli Anika.....why has your Dr refused xenical ? I would see another Dr before you buy anything !
If you do use alli buy them online as they are half the price compared to the shops, make sure you buy the alli diet plan book it has lots of recipes in it which are great!
You can buy xenical but it's expensive.....
Get a second opinion from another Dr though and let me know what they said. :)

i spoke to the nurse at the practice too she said she been working there 10yrs and the doctors wont give it her either. he just feels that they dont help in the long run. that people put the weight back on. i was thinkingbog taking alli for a month losing some weight then go bak and ask for a prescription. thanks for the advice boo boo. alli is on offer at the pharmacy until 25th feb its usually £50 but its £35 on offer.

Rachgleeson said:
Anika, do you have much to lose? If you haven't this could be why the doctor is refusing!!

hi rach i have 4 stones to lose. i hurt my back six months ago and am having physio. im unable to exercise, plus i have PCOS so i find it hard to lose weight anyhow but he didnt take any of it into consideration, i thought he would understand cuz his running the bloods to find out why my back isnt healing. i was so upset when he refused

Anika go to Chemist Direct - Online Pharmacy UK, Buy Discounted Medicines, Prescription Drugs, Pharmacist UK, Health products they are £27.99 thats where I got mine from...

My Doctor was trying to find every excuse not to give me Xenical...I just kept having a go and saying this is what I want...I have come to you for help and at least by doing that you know what meds i'm on also !!
it took me 45 minutes to get my prescription ....but by continually saying ....you moan that im overweight but your not willing to help me ect he gave in !!

:) x

booboocraig said:
Anika go to Chemist Direct - Online Pharmacy UK, Buy Discounted Medicines, Prescription Drugs, Pharmacist UK, Health products they are £27.99 thats where I got mine from...

My Doctor was trying to find every excuse not to give me Xenical...I just kept having a go and saying this is what I want...I have come to you for help and at least by doing that you know what meds i'm on also !!
it took me 45 minutes to get my prescription ....but by continually saying ....you moan that im overweight but your not willing to help me ect he gave in !!

:) x

hey thanks for really appreciate it

hi rach i have 4 stones to lose. i hurt my back six months ago and am having physio. im unable to exercise, plus i have PCOS so i find it hard to lose weight anyhow but he didnt take any of it into consideration, i thought he would understand cuz his running the bloods to find out why my back isnt healing. i was so upset when he refused

Is there another doctor you can see? I dont think thats fair of him at all, he is there to help you, especially when your having problems with your back already!! I have heard the PCOS makes it very hard to lose weight, i really sympathize with you Anika!! Some doctors make me so angry!! My doctor prescribed them for me even though he didnt believe that they worked, but i am currently proving him wrong :D Keep trying hun if not with him then someone else!!

Rachgleeson said:
Is there another doctor you can see? I dont think thats fair of him at all, he is there to help you, especially when your having problems with your back already!! I have heard the PCOS makes it very hard to lose weight, i really sympathize with you Anika!! Some doctors make me so angry!! My doctor prescribed them for me even though he didnt believe that they worked, but i am currently proving him wrong :D Keep trying hun if not with him then someone else!!

thanks rach iv heard boots r doing a weight loss scheme so i might get lucky but if not it will have to be alli

I started on this last week with no information what-so-ever. I knew minimins would have something though!
Thank god i now know how much fat to eat! I've been making the mistake of ONLY looking at saturated fats!! No wonder i've had the side effects!!

Slightly gross question: for those WITH side effects, how do you manage when swimming/spa etc??

When I started on Alli I got their Diet Plan book I think its an essential tool to explain what you should have and why :)

xenical i think, the prescribed ones.
I'm hoping now i've read some hints and tips on here that i'll be able to control them now, i wasn't given any info about anything so had no idea on how much fat to actually have!
I've tried so many different 'diets', so i'm hoping this will be something effective!

A lot of us don't look at this as a diet but a lifestyle change....re-educating yourself with food and what it provides you.....

This link explains a lot Charlotte .....Xenical (Home Page)

:):)

Back