Xenical - Poo

I have been on Xenical but found that I pooed my pants quite alot, lol. Does anyone have any tips so I dont poop my pants again when I start on them again next week. I was on them about 2 year ago and everything I ate made me poop my pants, eg ham sandwich, rich tea, cup of tea for dinner.

xenical nappies

nothing stops it !
even healthy food including salads can turn your insides into liquid.
I was on orlistat-xenical for 2 years, total nightmare
by the time i came off it even the sniff of a greasy chip set me off
all i can offer is that not all the tablets seem to work,I found that the really bad things occured at the end of the week when i was finishing the pack.
other than that adult pampers!!

iv not had any accidents as such, but i darnt toot(break wind)lol.
i find its worse when iv eaten fats, when i dont eat them i seem ok,
hope you manage to sort it

You're eating too much fat. Its as simple as that. If you stick to low fat, 15g's of fat per meal, you will be fine. A bit windy but you won't poo yourself.

Agree with KayMarie. things like rich tea biscuits are not low fat.

You need to make sure that anything you are eating is less than 5g of fat per 100g. Make some adjustments to your diet and you won't get the side effects. No more biccies I'm afraid!! Good luck with it:)

I have had them for a week and haven't had any side effects. I agree...stick to the under 5% rule and you'll be fine.

yes, have to agree with the others, if you go above the 15g total per meal/5% ruloe then you are liable to have a reaction, some eople can occasionally go slightly over. eg with eggs some people are fine and others stay away from them.

Have another look at what your eating

Good luck with it.

My poos seem to be fairly loose also, seems like when i eat something with any fat content not included with a meal, as in last night i had a pack of low fat crisps at about 9pm and ive been loose this morning

The first time I took tehse tablets I was paranoid and ran around with a loo roll in my hand, i have learnt that I have to have low low low fat - no bread, no butter, no biccies, no crisps - i have been fairly rigid with myself and have had not too many issues this time round. Good luck

Have to agree with the others i'm afraid, your diet is simply too high in fat. Maybe keep a food diary of what you eat in a day, then sit down and have a look at foods that are possibley too high in fat or could be swapped for another low fat substitute? You do need to be quite strict about it otherwise, unfortunatley, you will experience the unpleasant side effects! Good luck :)

I dont know if this goes well with the 'poo thread'! Oh well -I've just bought some skinny cow ice creams in Tesco, 3% fat and 98 cals each, mint choc chip and within our allowance YUM. Added bonus, on offer at £1 for three.

To those that have had the 'side effects'...how drastic are they? Just something you need to go and wipe for or where you are squelching in your shoes?

agree with the others, i've not had any side effects and have eaten within my 45g per day limit (not exceeding 15g per meal) except for one day - thankfully no side effects from that :)

Back