xenical & slimming world x x

Shelly Star x x

Hello All,

I have just been given Xenical from the doctors & i really do not wanna give up sw as i love love love it!

Has anyone else done the two together before, Can i keep going as normal but cut down the fat? Aghhh i dnt get it but i dnt wanna feck up my chances of losing too!

If anyone can help i'd be so greatful, i know there is a Xencial group on ere but its all about couting fat in stuff, i've only just got my head round sw i dnt wanna start again x x

You can keep taking the xenical while on SW. SW is a low fat diet anyway so you probably won't see any great difference in losses but you shouldn't get any of the side effects.

Cheers chick, I know im reading mixed things at the min it's worth a try even if it bumps me down a few lbs i dont think the doctors will keep me on it long anyway as they dnt tend too if u lose the 5%! X X

If you dont want to take Xenical, dont take it. Its your decision what diet you follow. To be honest as Circes says SW is pretty low fat anyway so Id be tempted to question if theres any point. I think Xenical works best as a deterrant, keeps you on the straight and narrow because of the side effects but if youre doing SW with no problems you wont need a deterrant.

Dont feel pressured into anything you dont want to do x

Hi, Ive started S.W after being on xenical for 6months, I find that i cant really do Xenical and S.W from personal experience its to much pressure, i think its good to focus on 1 or the other, At the moment s.w is working ok-ish for me without xenical help. Good luck x

I really couldnt hack this.. the side effects were terrible! Just do.not.fart... i nearly had to get a new sofa after a small one ;) and the pressure from my GP was huge to lose it!

If you do go ahead.. good luck. I know some ppl who have had great results but personally it just wasn't worth it!

good luck hun! xx

Really omg I feel so violated..I should have been given the money for new clothes or fat free food:> what a bloody cheek!!!

I've tried Xencial in the past and they work great. I didn't have any side effects as I didn't eat anything over the fat limits they gave me, but of course I didn't take them for long and the weight went back on as my eating became extreme again.

Xencial blocks up to 1/3 of the fat consumed being absorbed by the body. Does this mean even on a low fat diet such as Slimming World, any fat you did consume, however low, would be reduced by a third?

TheMissus said:
I've tried Xencial in the past and they work great. I didn't have any side effects as I didn't eat anything over the fat limits they gave me, but of course I didn't take them for long and the weight went back on as my eating became extreme again.

Xencial blocks up to 1/3 of the fat consumed being absorbed by the body. Does this mean even on a low fat diet such as Slimming World, any fat you did consume, however low, would be reduced by a third?

No it doesn't unfortunately which us why there is often no point in taking them if you're doing a low fat diet.

I got them for a while but my doctor stopped as I was on WW and my fat intake was so low he said there was basically nothing for them to work with. They made absolutely not one bit of difference to my weight losses

Starlight said:
No it doesn't unfortunately which us why there is often no point in taking them if you're doing a low fat diet.

I got them for a while but my doctor stopped as I was on WW and my fat intake was so low he said there was basically nothing for them to work with. They made absolutely not one bit of difference to my weight losses

Ditto with me. My problem was that it wasn't what I was eating but how much. I've always ate mostly low fat but my portions were huge. I lost nothing when I was on Xenical. I know some girls, though, that it's worked great with.

I am doing both im actually doing ok day 2 and i've come up with a diet menu which works both. Ill keep you all posted x x

If you eat cheese....don't fart!
It happened to me and the results are messy and the orange colour stains youre underwear. Plus its difficult to get off the side of the toilet bowel.

Back