Xenical/toilet query!

bigmuffintop

Hi everyone-I'm a newbie and would love some advice before I start taking Xenical...or should I say IF I start!
My sister's on Xenical and though she hasn't lost a heap of weight she's quite happy. Both of us tend to be constipated normally and she's finding Xenical is keeping her regular with no embarrassing incidents. Aha I thought...this could be the answer to all my probs! Do low carb as usual, and the Xenical would keep me "going" but after reading stuff on here it seems this is a non-starter. So...I'm now a bit stuck as carbs and me are not a good combination and when I've done low-fat before I've had little success.
Also, I've read that some ladies have actually become constipated on it. Can anyone tell me why, if this happens, having a fatty meal is such a bad idea?
Sorry for such a long post but I'm desperate to lose a couple of stone and thought this was going to be the answer to all my prayers!
Thanks a lot.

Hi there

Sadly xenical isn't a miracle or answer to prayers - we all wish hey! I'm a newbie to it, just about to finish 3rd week but I'm following calorie counting & less than 5g of fat per 100g which is what they recommend. Really not sure if it's gonna harm to eat more fat if you think it'll make you more regular, I certainly am but I think a lot of that is the water I'm drinking & shedloads of veg.

Hopefully someone will pop along & give you a better answer. Good Luck with your weight loss whatever you decide xx

Im doing low carb n xen
If you want cripping sromach pains n the runs have a high fat n xen diet but id not recomend it
Stick to the rules u will loose deviate n youl run into trouble
Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

Hi

I've done the Xenical thing....I found that the fear of messing my undies, made me steer clear of high fat foods (I had previously found out the hard way!!:eek:). Alcohol (especially cider) seemed to have a rather unpleasant effect too. Xenical isn't a miracle cure to being overweight....it just helps you a little bit more if you stick to a lower fat diet. :)

See I have the fear of this! I didn't have any problems when I was on it before, but reading mfp and a couple of other forums, lots of people are saying about the lovely orangeness.

I am thinking surely if I do maintain a super low fat diet and substitute meat for quorn it can't be that bad. Maybe just the first couple of days... : /

efk said:
See I have the fear of this! I didn't have any problems when I was on it before, but reading mfp and a couple of other forums, lots of people are saying about the lovely orangeness.

I am thinking surely if I do maintain a super low fat diet and substitute meat for quorn it can't be that bad. Maybe just the first couple of days... : /

I've been fine mate, stuck to the 5g & under rule & apart from one "ooh I need the loo quick" I've been fine. If you are sensible you'll be fine x

you wont have no problems if you stick to the rules. you just have to have a lot of self control. it helps me stay away from all those 'naughty' foods because i would rather stick to the rules then sit on the toilet and have those side effects. plus i wouldnt want my fella hearing me on the toilet like that haha! he would think what the hell is that hahaha x

I've been on Xen since July and no Tango problems but I've stuck to the rules and where I knew I wouldn't if eating out have skipped a tablet - some people take the tablets and suffer the consequences I prefer not to. I've a friend who was on Xen previously and gave it up because of the Tango effect but she'd stuck to her normal diet which was too high in fat.

You only get the orangeness if you dont stick to the rules properly and the constipation is usually bdcause you arent drinking enough water.

Back