Xenical- would it suit me?

poppygirl

Hiya, after following Cambridge diet a couple of years ago and lost 2.5stone I have now put the weight back on plus some :-( I've now become a serial dieter and it's really getting me down & I need to take control! I can be a bit bingy too.

My bmi is just over 30 I think 13.1 & 5ft 2. I'm thinking of doing ww again and am wondering if taking these tablets would help in keeping me away from the chocolate & fatty foods? I'm worried my doctor wouldn't take me seriously but this whole weight issue is really getting me down :-(

Any help or advice would be appreciated xxx

Hi Poppy!

There a people who are on Xenical who weigh less than you, so I don't think the Doctor should have any problems in prescribing the pills to you.

I've recently returned to WW and find that combining the two can be a bit hit and miss - eg, I have enough points to have a wispa for a pudding, but the fat grammage of the wispa would make me pay for having it! I'm beginning to think now that just because I can, doesn't mean that I have too! Yes, I do have my treats as are allowed on WW, but as I'm losing weight and feeling much better about myself, my cravings for chocolate are not as strong as they used to be - not for one minute do I think they will ever go away!!

Good luck at your doctors (I've not looked back since going last October).

Thank you Passiflora for your reply. I can see the dilemma with the treats while on ww. Is there any treats that you can have that don't give the side effects? I keep reading on the ww board that you should have all your points but if it's healthier to have some fruit or something low points then that's got to be better?

Well I have a drs appointment at 11.30 today. I asked to see a lady dr thinking she may be more understanding but I don't know. I just want to be taking seriously as I'm going around in circles while getting bigger & bigger :-(

Wish me luck! I'll report back later xxx

Back