xmas conference attire....please help

MrsM

Hi.

I am soon to be going shopping for something to wear to the xmas conference. Got the day time attire sorted but not sure what to wear in the evening to the black tie affair!

I am a comfy/curvy size 14, 5 ft 7, long dark hair, larger up top and usually stick to black. Dont usually wear heels or dresses but would really like to change that and feel special. The reason for that is because 1 its different for me and 2 its my birthday that day too sooooooo has anyone any ideas or what are you wearing (ladies that is). I am usually the kind of person who loves the look of a frock on a hanger but feels uncomfortable in it or feel it never suits me but hopefully i will change that this year. So ....... long or short, black or otherwise etc etc Please help

All input greafully recieved and once i have made a decision i will post u a piccy on here.

Thanks in advance.
Mrsm

Dresses with a halterneck (a v neck rather than high neck) are good for women with curves and boobage. Personally if you normally wear black maybe it would be a good option to stick to black and then have a touch of colour in your accessories

Hi, it might be worth checking online first but a lot of clothes shops now have personal shoppers, a FREE service, & they can offer advice & another opinion on what suits you, give it a try! A bit of advice too, don't leave it too late, try a few trips with a trusted female or gay male friend (sorry stereotype but true) & try stuff on that you normally wouldn't. Depending on your skin tone you could wear blues, reds, purples (a BIG colour this year) or brighter colours depending on how brave you feel. Good luck & enjoy your shopping trips.xxxxx
xxxsharon

thanks guys.

i like the idea of a halterneck, thanks gemma.

personal shopper sounds like a plan to me!!! would be a bit nervous tho...i am strange like that.

I am planning a day out with some chums so maybe a shopping trip is just what the cdc ordered.

will keep you posted but any more ideas welcomed greatfully

mrsm

Back