Hi all,

I have been invited to an Xmas party where the food choice is a follows:

Starter:
1. Cream of Green Pea Soup with pastry fleurons
2. Smoked Chicken Breast on a roasted chestnut salad and citrus dressing
3. Fan of melon with a berry coulis

Main:
1. Roast turkey with traditional accompaniments
2. Braised blade of beef servied with onoin and white wine jus finished with dijon mustard
3. Supreme of red snapper served with a velvet fish sauce
4. Bean and vegetable stroganoff in a cheese basket

Pudding:
1. Chocolate and Cherry tart with a cinnamon cream
2. Classic lemon tart dressed with a strawberry compote
3. Christmus pudding with brandy sauce

Clearly nobody creating the menu is on SW!

Basically my query is which of the above options do you think would be the least syns on SW? I was thinking of the melon, the red snapper and then not sure about pudding?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Personally id choose melon, turkey with veg and either pass on pudding or the lemon tart?
You can always ring ahead to the restaurant as they know you are coming and ask for just veg and no extra trimmings or if they could make you up a fresh fruit salad?

Melon, red snapper and the lemon tart. And call that a week's syns.

Of course, you could just not have any pudding. They aren't compulsory (who am I kidding!!!!).

Melon, Turkey and the ask them for a fruit salad (because you are diabetic ;) well don't have to lie but just ask them, I personally would lie, bit of guilt doesn't go a miss ;))
Hey i like that idea might have to try that and i'd better find the hotel where my xmas do is and look at their menu and weep lol!

Thanks all.

Think I will go for the melon and the turkey as they seem to be the best options from what you have said. I was tempted by the red snapper but actually i think "supreme of red snapper" means it will be in a really creamy sauce.

Having spoken with my SW advisor she has told me to have whatever I really fancy as a treat so I think it might have to be the chocolate and cherry tart hehe - I will have nine months until the wedding to shift it from my hips!! hehe

Well i read the menu at my xmas do ......ha ha i'm in trouble and we are staying over night so even more trouble with the cooked breakfast but do you know what...........sod it! I'm going to be good all wk, save as many syns as i can and eat loads of speed/superspeed foods then ..........relax :sign0151: Its my only xmas night out and it's costing me loads so i'm gonna go for it!

Jo

Back