Yakkady Yack Atkins Chat ...

Thanks Quak - it was too sickly for me as it was. Might consider that once I am further into the programme .. might be nice with some kirsch too.
Love your picture with James Martin ... Sweet Baby James is one of my fave books .. not that useful at the moment though. Wonder how he would feel about Splenda? Lol :)

Evening RW - how annoying at the show - the other place that is impossible are airports - u less you go to the posh restaurant for steak lol. Luckily some now have supermarkets which is starting to help. Once sat there eating burger and avoiding bun and chps - they couldnt serve it to me without....now that took willpower:)

Morning everyone. No foggy feeling today - very pleased about that. I was starting to get a bit worried that it would never leave me, I must admit it comes and goes - I think it is fair to say that "Atkins Flu" has been with me in some form or another for nearly 2 weeks now. It has helped me understand WHY strict induction is 2 weeks because your body certainly has to do a lot of adjusting. The only thing still dogging me is the annoying sleep. Had a really traumatic, vivid dream again last night and woke up with a wet bed - we have never had clean sheets as much as since I have started Atkins! Poor Matt, it must be like sleeping next to a slug!! I am really hoping this part passes. I am quiet spritual and believe dreams are a message from spirit so when I get the nasty ones it really frightens me and my mind goes into all kind of craziness. I have even text my auntie this morning and told her to keep away from man holes and ... swords (haha), she won't bat an eyelid though as we all believe in witchy dream messages, and often they have been spot on. The best example of this is when I was out in the middle east I had a really worrying dream about delft pottery (don't laugh now ...), it woke me up and this orb of delft was still above the bed, I woke up Matt who swiftly told me to get back to sleep... We were flying back to the UK next day, via Amsterdam and I really didn't want to catch the flight, I just had a nagging feeling. We caught it anyway and I was very releaved to land safely ... what I was NOT happy about was the instant cancellation of our next flight on to Birmingham .. it was the ash cloud and we were stranded in Amsterdam for 5 nights, no money, nowhere to stay, and in flip flops as our luggage was lost. To this day if I had listened to that dream and stayed in the busom of my family instead of catching that flight I would have been okay ...

Anyway - enough. I am sure you all think I am bonkers whale now .. went on a bit of a weird rant there ... mornings do that to me!

RW x

Okay. I put my hands up ... I am absolutely fed up of Atkins today. Day 12 and the going is tough. Don't worry, ive not cracked. Yet again ive munched my way through the daily grind, but I am getting increasingly sick of the restrictions. Today I think I am mourning bread .. don't think it helps that I have just watched The Hairy Bikers, I could taste it ... you see baking used to be such a huge part of my life, I am a really good baker, bread, cakes, pastries - you name it. I do it - watching that programme has made me realise that I am not sure I can spend my whole life not allowing myself something I love so much (and I am sorry, chemically soy flour is never going to produce a good bread .. ). I am not giving up, I just feel pretty low tonight, I feel done in trying to make food out of the "list" and am missing crunch. I am turning to pork scratchings probably too much to a) get my calories & fat up (My Fitness pal told me off today .. again, for too low cals). I am really struggling to eat my daily allowance and I don't know if that is from lack of hunger, or lack of enthusiasm about my food choices. You see I am pretty obsessed with food. I have tried to be gourmet and experimental during induction but I am getting totally sick and tired of everything tasting the same now, cream is making me wretch and my stomach is playing up as I am dairy intolerant. I have put up with the butter, cheese and cream because I know to make this diet work I need it ... but it's playing havoc with my stomach cramps. I'm wondering if using the "lactofree" range of cream & cheese will be okay - but I think it is "low fat" and possibly has some sugar added. See that's what I mean - when I fancy something I hit a brick wall.

Sorry, this sounds really negative, but I guess this is my diary and I am absolutely fed the - f - up tonight.

Things I miss most :

Tea on tap
White bread (home made thick crusty white)
"crunch" - crackers .. chips .. ANYTHING.
Beetroot & Sweetcorn (my absolute salad must haves)
Carrot
CHIPS
CRISPS
Getting a recipe book out the cupboard and creating something gorgeous (from flour & sugar!!!) and trying it!
drinking water for pleasure - not forcing it down (I never drank water before).

Hmmm maybe writing those things will help me dismiss them - that is the plan.

I weigh in on Thursday. It better be bloody good otherwise ... otherwise ... agggghr, i don't know yet.

I guess what I am writing about that carb monster .. but it has greeted me with bared teeth tonight and im suffering ... I will no crack though (there is nothing in the cupboards anyway, I cleared out everything when I started just incase this happened!)

Apolgise if you have had to read this .. I just needed to vent !!!

((hugs)) there are substitutes and tastes/cravings do change - but sounds like you are not in mood for that! Hope wi goes well and in the meantime would recommend OWL to get rid of sense of restriction and find a woe that suits you!
Xx

Thanks Katie - I'm okay ... Hairy Bikers just put me on a downer! lol. OH has Masterchef on now .. I don't think that's happening so I am going to go and read the OWL section in bed ... not read it since the beginning. If nothing else there is only 2 days to go until I can add some more interesting bits & pieces. It will be nice to try some low carb baking for sure :)

You'll go through all of this, it's natural, I'm on month 5 of induction now and I love it, never ever get bored and I too love to watch my cookery programmes and cook, bake etc!!

I allow myself the occasional treat though, still have wine and if I fancy chips I make real chips from celeriac and double fry for the crunch as per my diary!

And if your interested in prophetic dreaming you'll find mine on there too :)

Stick with it, this addiction phase will go I promise!! Just keep experimenting with food!

Almond flour is brilliant for cakes and bread and the low carb megastore for other baking goods xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Quak - it was too sickly for me as it was. Might consider that once I am further into the programme .. might be nice with some kirsch too.
Love your picture with James Martin ... Sweet Baby James is one of my fave books .. not that useful at the moment though. Wonder how he would feel about Splenda? Lol :)

Don't know but he sure likes his butter ;) I would happily smear him all over and lick it off lol - true Atkins friendly :D xx

Hi RW- hope your feeling better today. Like Katie said maybe move on to OWL and have a bit more of what your missing.

All the bread and pastries on the Hairy Bikers was something else. Like Jo said I can watch it and not crave it anymore too.

Good luck with your WI

Morning all. Feel a lot better this morning. New day and all that - for those who suffered my futile rantings about feeling sooo sooo deprived take no notice!!! I have Tweeted Dave & Si this morning to tell them they are bloody teasers!!

You know what, on reflection today I think last nights problem was a build up of tiredness and lack of sleep (as described earlier on) last night come 9:45 I was like a nodding dog on the sofa so went off to bed. I don't even remember my head touching the pillow, I was out for the count and then slept - with no fuzzy dreams, no night sweats and not even my 3 loo visits - next thing I knew the alarm was going off at 7:25. I think I really, really needed that sleep and feel very chuffed that I got it! Maybe it was the final snap out of "induction flu" I really do hope so!

Todays menu ..

B - 2 rashers bacon, 1 97% sausage and tinned toms

L - Green leaves and a pepperami

D - 3 egg cheese & mushroom omlette with green leaves and spinach.

I have also decided to stay on induction for at least another week .. I CAN Do it .. ive not cheated or strayed once for this long ... so I can do it again! Still have 2 stone to shift for my wedding and I think more induction is called for!

Looking forward to a weekend of gardening and first CAR BOOT of the season is this Sunday. Mighty, Mighty excited !!!!! Probably haven't mentioned it before but as well as being a teacher I also have 2 smalls businesses, one is in antiques and collectables .. I am into vintage in a big way and collect china and b) I have a natural soy candle business, nyan nyan soy candles. My facebook page is facebook.com/nyannyansoycandles if anyone wants to take a peek. I only use essential oils and natural products so they won't bring on cravings (my very vanilla might though!!)

Anyway, onwards and upwards today. Only teach this afternoon so this morning I am prepping and better move away from Minimins otherwise all I will do is read diaries all morning!

RW x

Morning RW, it's nice to see you feeling better love. I did induction for 6 months love, but I had a lot to lose.

Loved the cauli mash!!:D Now I'd like to know about the celeriac chips if you would be so kind. New to all of this so all veg recipe's would be greatly appreciated, Pam x

Evening RW... I felt your pain - and you expressed it so well!! And thank goodness it sounds like you're coming out the other side!!

Let's hope you carry on with reduced cravings xxx

Just an average night in the whale household ...

Cat. Minimins. Water. Shower. Gwen has been helping me read the diaries tonight. She enjoyed them thoroughly.

Soon to bed!

me and gwen.jpg

Oh brill pic RW!! Have a lovely day xx

Morning, what a lovely pic that is RW. :)

Morning everyone.

Anyway, it was weigh in day today and ive dropped another 2lb. Total for induction fortnight 6lb, leaving me in the "medium" catagory for metabolic resistance (according to the table in 1992 version of book). That is better than I thought because I was very concerned after years of dieting and NOT moving my butt I would be in the high resistance catagory. My anti-depressants AND hormone replacement don't help matters either .. but medium is good for me I think!

So, I have decided to stay on strict induction for another 7 days, you might think I am mad because I have been moaning so much but to be honest I trust this, I can see it is working, I feel a lot better and if I can do it for 2 weeks I can do it for another 1 .. or 2 ... before moving to a more "relaxed" regime. This is the first eating ive ever done that after 2 weeks I can SEE changes - the line of blubber under my bust is definately shrinking, so much so a crease has appeared - not attractive but visual evidence something is happening. Unfortunately the normal measurements "waist, hips, bust" haven't changed - but im going to keep my eye on that crease and watch it shrink - I might measure it today because I believe that is where the fat is going from *hurrah *

RW x

Last edited:
Awwwww don't feel bad!!! I would have put a WTF post too.....!

Well done on sticking with it, I've been on induction for 5 months now and do have the occasional glass of wine etc.....so don't be so hard on yourself!!

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

In other news I AM having doner meat tonight, ive read pages, and pages and pages of info and in all reality the jury seems to be out on the matter. The meat up the road is okay - and usually "meaty" .. that sounds daft but you do get doner that tastes more sausage than lamb. I need cheering up anyway and this is a real treat to celebrate the end of 2 weeks induction. At least 2 more to go but going to be more relaxed about it .. plus my engagement ring keeps flying off which is really winding me up! Skinny fingers now .. I wish the rest of me would catch up.

Last edited:
Back