Yakkady Yack Atkins Chat ...

Hi hun, I used to have this with my friends - always meeting in tea rooms with just cake to eat or bringing cakes round. I sat there feeling so anti-social. I knew I'd cracked it the other day when my most cake addicted friend called round and bought the M&S low carb chicken pakoras with her!

The carb monster at TOTM is the hardest beast to slay for me - becuause I don't want to slay it, I want to feed it! I now have all my favs such as cauli pizza, mash and lamb shanks, chicken wings etc in the freezer ready for the carb monster. If it gets bad I have low carb cake treats and figure that it is better than going to carb.

Was BBQing today fab! Also, I tend to barbie fruit too. The OWL phase you can add in fruit and the berries barbie v nicely with some cream added. Or you can whizz some berried and cream and semi freeze them to a strawberry slushy.

Don't forget, it doesn't have to be induction or OWL. You can do induction most days and just switch to OWL for specials, TOTM, week-ends etc.

Hope it's going well today!

Evening RW... Hope you're feeling a little more in the zone this evening xxx

Thanks guys. Strangely enough it is TOTM .. but I didn't realise this until this morning (this implant makes me all over the place) so it is making a bit more sense. I must admit I have been a bit naughty today. I had a sugar free angel delight made with soya milk which was a bit high in carbs and also had minted lamb burgers - I asked at the butchers and there was sugar in the coating .. but to be honest I thought "f*** it!!".
Spent all day in the garden, made a border, loads of planting, weeding and probably a blummin good workout! Then of course enjoyed the BBQ. Soraya you are right .. the day my friends actually get "it" will be a happy day! I am tired of pretending to be gluten intolerent (all of a sudden ..lol) they will start bringing blummin free from cakes! lol

Hi rw hope you enjoyed the sunshine and BBQ, I completely understand the cake situation, I always associate a day out with coffee and cake, whether that be out shopping or going for a country walk. To live without cake is like a terrible bereavement that I couldn't cope with. I need to be able to eat cake now and again, it will take time but you will do it and reach a time when you can enjoy a cake without feeling guilty, at the end of the day you want to lose weight but life is short and made for living , take one day at a time and you will be fine xx

Love it about the gluten free cakes! I said that I was developing the early warning signs of diabetes and had to do something - which was true - but my doctor wouldn't have spotted it until too late, I just realised it when I started researching into low carb.

TOTM is a pain - I had the depo injection years ago and I put on so much weight it was a nightmare.

Thanks Slaj, you (and your kitten) always cheer me up. I suppose I have been so clean and green for nearly a month I have felt as if I can "never" do anything of these things again. I think I had decided I would never have cake or crisps ever again ... but to be honest, I think that is an unrealistic view of modern times .. and KUDOS to people who mannage it - I admire them incredibly! I am off to Brighton next weekend to see my best friend and I am going to relax and if something comes up I will enjoy it in moderation. Happily though Brighton is an excellent place to eat out if you are following any kind of healthy living plan so I am guessing there will be no shortage of yummy things to tuck into on plan.. not to mention all the vintage shops (squeeeeellll). It will just be glorious to eat out to be honest, I don't think ive ever gone so long in my life without a meal out! :)

Morning RW... Brighton's a fab place - hope you enjoy ... The gardening will definitely be a great work out... Log it on MFP and you'll see the calories burned! Xxx

Morning rw, how u feeling? Looks like it is going to be another glorious day. One day at a time as the saying goes, have a great day, your job sounds so rewarding :)

Morning RW, there used to ne a fabulous fish restaurant in Brighton, can't remember exactly where now, I stayed there for about 4 months on a contract once. Lovely place.

Good Morning! I can tell gardening burns calories .. my goodness, I ache in places I didnt know exsisted this morning! Was so lovely to look out of the back door and see the fruits of our labours. It looks much neater. We moved into a victorian house that has been completely refurbished and the poor garden had just been slabbed with a big lawn. All the borders are full of weeds and stones (and bits of plastic?), I guess it's building refuse from the refurb. Anyway, we planted 2 borders, some pots, planted lily of the valley, night scented stock, sunflowers, gladioli, and MAtt started a pot of strawberries and Raspberries off .. all in all a productive day - just need them to grow now!
Feeling better about food today - then again im always okay at work - its "routine" ... weekends and evenings I struggle .. although tonight I think I am going to throw a couple of burgers on the barbi - always feels more like a treat!

x .... ref places to eat in Brighton Jim - thanks .. there is an AMAZING Greek place on the seafront up towards Hove .. nothing to look at but boy, the grilled chops and greek salad are to die for ! :)

I would love to go to Brighton, one day, I promise myself............hope TOTM doesn't carry on too long, I am all over the place myself but think it is the start of the evil menopause...........

Been a bad girl tonight. Wisdom tooth agony (finally burst .. hurrah) but was feeling so miserable when I got in, had 3 gluten / wheat free crackers (3.6 carbs each) slathered in butter and pate. Have deffo gone over 20g today but can still definately taste ketosis .. so not too fussed. The crackers made me feel loads better .. very comforting. To be honest they tasted funky compared to normal crackers (they are made out of soy from what I could see on the back - got them from tesco) but really good to have some crunch .. and a slightly breddy taste. Taking my learners to an outdoor history museum tomorrow so packed up egg mayo with crispy bacon for brekkie (propper stinks!!! better eat it in the car before I go into work!!) and a pork salad for lunch, probably going to be more like pork and spinach in this heat by lunch time! BIG challenge is going to be the traditional cake shop ... their belgium buns are to DIE for .. but ive not got a penny in my purse (purposely) so tomorrow that is not an option!
Beddy bye byes (and Quak GO to Brighton, it is amazing!!)RW x

Hi rw, is that the Black Country museum you are going to? If so beware of the traditional fish and chips! Have a great day x

Haha Slaj ... busted! Yes it is ! I know ... the chips are to DIE For aren't they??? I have my own business as a hobby and over Christmas I did 5 nights with a stall at the museum and had roe and chips EVERY night .. I was like a machine .. we were getting staff rate so it would be rude not to! I love the museum. I did a degree in Social History so I am in my element there - I really get to wax lyrical at the students about everything I am passionate about allll day .. poor cherubs! At the same time I will be taking photos and picking up more ideas for my wedding - as it is in an art deco theme there are loads of bits and pieces to photograph as part of my mood board. Matts hat for the wedding came from the BCM .. a traditional tweed trilby.
Anyway, really looking forward to my day, woken up starving because of my measely cracker dinner last night (nice but not enough!!) so off down to the canteen for bacon and eggs .. what else? ;)

by the way ... Minimins seems to have had a makeover over night ... nice

Well I tell you what this "new" minimins is all a bit crazy isn't it! I can't get my head around it .. and all my stats have gone .. is this because they have decided we can't show them for confidentiality or something? hmmm .. anyway ... weird!

Good day at the Black Country Museum .. I am so proud of myself. I said NO to the offer of a chip .. NO to an icecream .. NO to a sweetie and NO a frothy coffee. All the students munched and licked away all day and I had my salad and veggies .. and a pepperami. I was actually not really that bothered. I think in a weird way I have tried to train my brain into thinking those little pear drops are poison and i DONT need one! Only slip up was at the end we waited for the minibus in the cafe and they had no soy milk so I had a tiny drop of semi-skimmed in my tea. I was gasping for a caffine fix!

Anyway, other news of the day is I now have a weeks worth of food in my belly ... I need to go to the loo SO badly. At this rate I will STS or GAIN come week 4 weigh in on Thursday. I am feeling really yacky, kind of dirty inside. So anyway, ive taken 1 dulcolax, really worried about taking it now as it is something I said I would never do .. but I am desperate! ive tried fibre, magnesium and even some prune juice (that I was gutted about as it was so carby!) but nothin .. no movement what so ever. The funniest thing .. oh god this is so vile .. I seriously don't even fart anymore on this diet !!! It is the perfect prudes diet in that respect - considering the amount of green veggies I am eating I have NO CLUE where all the gas goes .. probably straight into my gut and stays there which is why I permanently look like im carrying twins. Matt was laughing at my belly earlier because it really is distended ..

Hope ive given you all a big old chuckle with my intestinal problems .. got to love it eh?

Off to watch my Hairy Bikers ... this time without having an eppy about cake !!! PROMISE !

Well done on the day out. Really recommend - cooked spinach and loads of water!

Wow, you did brilliantly today, I bet the museum was lovely in the sunshine, my son was in his pram when I last went and he is 16 now! I really must go again as I loved it when we went.
I know what you mean about "wind", I dont have any either which is unbelievable considering all the cabbage I eat! Even my OH commented as he thought he was going to be in trouble when I first started on the greens! Hope you have a "movement" soon, you must feel awful not having been for days! x

Evening RW... Lovely posts and so pleased you're back in focus... Hope the dulcolax works ! Nothing worse ! Xx

That's it ... I am officially superhuman ... it hasn't worked !!!! Matt and I can't understand how you can take a laxative and have no movement .. but I have proven the theory wrong .. im great aren't I ???? So still miserable with the old stuffed bowel ;)

Anyway, onwards and downwards, grabbing some spinach on the way home from work to try Kat1es theory - maybe it will be more successful !

x

Morning RW - hope all working for you today
Xx

Back