Yay - in ketosis already (Day 3)

perseph0ne

I'm really chuffed - my Day 1 was only really half a day as I started at lunchtime after meeting my CDC - I'm on SS+ with no cheating - and on the morning of Day 3 I'm already in rosy-pink ketosis.

How are all the other newbies/week 1ers on VLCDs doing?

Still a wee bit hungry though not half as hungry as I felt on evening one and evening two. Slight headache today, it would go if I could find the paracetamol....

Thanks

WELL DONE

good on ya, im on day two and feeling ok slight headache which i have had to take a couple of tablets for as i would not be able to cope with my job without, spent all last night on the loo!!!!!!, so feeling mighty tired but fingers crossed for a good weigh in will keep checking to see how much you lost x

i'm on day 4 and feel better than i did yesterday

at 11.00pm last night was wondering if it was worth while, when hubby was nibbling at lovely chicken wings

checked my pee stick yesterday and it was a nice pink colour, just done another this morning and it's the same.

yeah

I'm thinking I need to go and get some of these sticks, as I've no idea if I'm in Ketosis yet. I'm not as ravenous as I usually am at this time of day, so maybe. I also didn't wake up hungry for the first time in ages.

Yay glad you feel good x

Pretty good. I'm finding this forum a total lifeline - it's such a distraction from the diet, and so inspiring. I'm really hoping for a good weight loss next Wednesday - I'd be chuffed with any loss, but 3lb+ would be just dandy.

Pretty good. I'm finding this forum a total lifeline - it's such a distraction from the diet, and so inspiring. I'm really hoping for a good weight loss next Wednesday - I'd be chuffed with any loss, but 3lb+ would be just dandy.

Sounds like you'll easily lose 3lbs+, you're doing great!

Sounds like you'll easily lose 3lbs+, you're doing great!
Obviously I'm not-so-secretly hoping for more, but I don't want to get into the cycle of being disappointed with a small loss; as long as it's a loss that's the right direction after all.

I had a bit of a ropey couple of hours earlier, but now I'm three shakes down, and waiting for the children to fall asleep before I have my evening shake.

Thanks.

I find this site great for not only distracting you from food - but also to give you the motivation to keep going.........looking forward to seeing your results!

I find this site great for not only distracting you from food - but also to give you the motivation to keep going.........looking forward to seeing your results!
Just noticed your ticker, Minz - your start weight is similar to mine. To think I could lose that amount of weight so quickly.......<excited>

You could and you WILL. Once it starts coming off the determination to continue takes you through..... I've never been this determined (or successful) at any diet so far. Lost 2.5st with WW 200 years ago, but put it back on and more.....so am determined to get back to the 10s, and I will.....just take it a week (or day) at a time and reward all the successess. I bought a lovely clock for my kitchen at 1st.....and am thinking what can I buy myself for 2st, which I hope I'll see at tomorrow's WI.

You could and you WILL. Once it starts coming off the determination to continue takes you through..... I've never been this determined (or successful) at any diet so far. Lost 2.5st with WW 200 years ago, but put it back on and more.....so am determined to get back to the 10s, and I will.....just take it a week (or day) at a time and reward all the successess. I bought a lovely clock for my kitchen at 1st.....and am thinking what can I buy myself for 2st, which I hope I'll see at tomorrow's WI.
Weird. I too lost 2.5 stones on WW (pre wedding) going from 12.02 (a size 16) to 9.10 (an 8-10) - it was very successful but I immediately got pregnant and I was ill and ballooned - and then of course life changed so much. I feel this time that this type of diet is just what I need at the moment - quick results, and immediately move into proper maintenance, gradually introducing low GI food, healthy snacks, and exercise once I actually get there.

Good luck for tomorrow's WI.

Thanks - the first thing I do when I get home is update all the various challenges (August, September etc.) threads, so looking forward to breaking into that new stone.

Back