Yellow tongue?

LincsBren

Silver Member
I'm just starting day 12 and have been 100% all the way ( :d ) However, I've noticed my tongue has gone a bit yellow. I've been very conscious of the possibility of getting bad breath so have 'upped' my oral hygeine (mouthwash obsessed now!) and my partner reassures me I haven't suffered from bad breath at all so far... but the yellow tongue looks a bit manky and I'm sure must be a sign of something?

Initial thoughts were maybe not drinking enough water? Has anyone else has this?

Unfortunately I don't have a yellow tongue, but I read somewhere here that it is associated with ketosis - hence the unfortunately bit.

I shouldn't worry about it, just enjoy the fact that your body is kicking the fat into touch effectively!

Hiya

Ya i have a horrendous yellow/greenish tongue. Its disgusting and I am very conscious of it. From what I know thats one of the signs of Ketosis. I drink 3- 4 litres of water every day so i dont think its anything to do with a lack of water. Its just one of the things we have to put up with in order to make this diet a success.

So I am hoping that people will be so busy looking at my "shrinking figure" that they wont see my tongue!!!!

Cheers

theres a brush you can get for cleaning your tongue

Yep part of the yukky stuff, just keep brushing, gargling and I find the Nuphar Breath strips are quite refreshing (turn your tongue blue instead!!!!)
Emma x

you could have blue and yellow stripes with the strips! lool.... yeah yukky yellowish tounge here too, coated in filth... you aint alone..

same here it mings

My tongue is a normal colour. I feel a bit left out now :(

Clep you are a hoot! Stop wishing the nasty side effects on yourself, or the nasty lipotrim fairy will hear you, and make all your wishes come true!

I have had this problem before, so I brush my tongue - the whole way back (sorry gaggers) gently - no scrubbing - every time I brush my teeth, then swig listerine, and that seems to be keeping it at bay so far.

It seems that the skin on your tongue regenerates really quickly, and when buckets of food aren't wearing it away as usual, it just piles up! :eek:

HTH.

Good idea. I am also about due a new toothbrush, so might invest in one of those with the ridges on the back especially designed for cleaning tongues. It is a bit horrid! Clee, you are mad - be grateful you don't have manky yellow bits!

lol my breathe annoyed me so much in the car on the way to work I had to pull over and get Listerine out of the boot!!!!!! hahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahaha

Ewwwwwww build up of Tongue skin???

I find the ridges on my toothbrush are rubbish, I prefer to just brush it- although it does make me gag!

Clep you are a hoot! Stop wishing the nasty side effects on yourself, or the nasty lipotrim fairy will hear you, and make all your wishes come true!

Pfft. Yesterday I was only mildly left out, today it is full blown "manky tongue envy", I just want a symptom to prove I'm ketosis-ing. S'not fair :throwsatantrum:

Clee, you are mad - be grateful you don't have manky yellow bits!

Well, you already knew I was completely barking...

And, see above. I DO want manky yellow bits!

Only on your tongue mind anywhere else is non-diet related hahahahhahaha

Good point Siobhi, manky yellow bits elsewhere may result in difficult questions from the LSH!

Back