YES!!!

Hiya cateka. I'm glad you're happy, but I'm sad that it takes weightloss to make you happy :(

Don't ruin your life trying to lose pounds when you really don't need to. Do try and get it sorted. Remember when you have an eating disorder, it's very hard to make good judgements about how you look. It's taken me years to believe that one. Way too many :( All those lost years. Don't let it happen to you.

Please listen to your friends and family, who will probably be able to see a clearer picture than you are seeing at the moment.

Above all, take care of Cateka, because I bet she's a really special girl and needs loads of love.:hug99:

KD, I really appreciate your concern, but the thing is I was runing my life before because I wasn't loosing any weight, I've had to take several days off college this year because I just couldn't bear to leave the house - seriously I was crying at my front door.
Now I'm starting to feel better, and thinner. I am 18 - these are allegedly the 'glory' days for youngsters where we are supposed to be at our most attractive, so thats what I am hoping to be - as attractive as possible, I see models and other girls all the time and go 'I wish I was that thin', so I have decided I will be :D. I think this corroborates with doing what makes you happy and being who you want to be as opposed to an 'eating disorder'.

I do appreciate your concern though, thank you, and thank you everyone else for the praise.

Jellybabie, if it still interests you I am 5"6.

Now I'm starting to feel better, and thinner.
Oh I believe you. You know when you have a sore place, and you get a scab...then it itches, and you know you shouldn't touch it as it will make it worse. But you can't help yourself. Oh, the relief when you give it good scratch. Kind of like that isn't it?

I think this corroborates with doing what makes you happy and being who you want to be as opposed to an 'eating disorder'.
I see what you mean, but I'm not sure that's your 'life' and story.

You are aiming for the BMI range for anorexia, but I'm pretty sure you know that. Maybe even want it. Never actually seen a happy anorexic, but there are so many exciting things to look forward to, just so you can be super skinny and the majority of people will think you look gross.

I'll share some of the joys for you to mull over in the next message. Enjoy ;)

medical.problems.associated.with.anorexia.and.bulimia

The most common reason for death amongst those with anorexia is heart failure, while the most common reason amongst those with bulimia is rupturing in the intestinal area as well as heart failure. Unfortunately, because eating disorders are constantly glamorized by society, many aren't even aware of the internal and external damage that inevitably occurs from these self-destructive demons. Hopefully this list of medical complications will help you or someone you know see just why it's a grEAT idea to get help ASAP. .anorexia.

Thermoregulatory problems: Loss of body fat creates it so that the body has no way of insulating and keeping heat anymore. For the person with anorexia it seems like everyday, even if it is 85 degrees, is freezing. This can also be due to electrolyte disturbances from not eating properly.

Decreased eye movement

Insomnia: Mostly due from electrolytic disturbances and hormonal problems

Anemia: Poor blood from not enough iron; causes lack of vitality and problems with bruising frequently

Dental erosion: Yes, your teeth will rot with anorexia even if you do not purge. Most of those with anorexia do not get enough calcium in their diets and because of this the body begins to find calcium elsewhere and takes it out of body parts such as the bones but also the teeth. The teeth are stripped of the calcium and become weak.

Delayed gastric emptying: The tone of the stomach area becomes poor and weak so that it cannot produce the power to push out whatever food the person with anorexia does eat. This can lead to a lot of toxins building up inside which also weakens the immune system and leaves the person with anorexia susceptible to many more viruses.

Diarrhea: Also from the delayed gastric emptying, but can also be because of laxative abuse.

Dehydration

Acidosis:Blood becomes too acidic, which can lead to other sicknesses

Osteoporosis: Bones become significantly weakened, leaving the person with anorexia susceptible to broken bones from just falling out of bed.

Bradycardia: Slow/irregular heart beat.

Dysrhythmia: Heart out of rythm; sudden death

Edema: Occurs from not eating properly and also purging; there is a water retention imbalance which causes the feet and hands to swell

Ulcers

Amenorrhea: Indicates a failure of hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal interaction to produce cyclic changes in the endometrium resulting in menses. In other words the periods stop or do not start. Primary amenorrhea is the absence of menarche by age 16 and Secondary amenorrhea is the absence of menarche for more than 3 months.

Metabolic problems - Hypocalcemia: Low blood glucose levels from too low of weight and malnutrition. Signs of this include listlessness, jitteriness, and seizures.

Lanugo: A soft downy hair/fur begins to grow to try to insulate heat because the body does not have enough calories to burn to produce heat.

Decreased cardica muscle, mass chamber size, and output: This often leads to cardiac arrest

Hypkalemia: Deficiency of potassium

Dry skin

Brittle nails

Weak hair that often falls out: Along with dry skin and brittle nails this consequence is a result of not enough fat in the diet.

Urinary tract infections: Decreased fluid intake is the cause of this.

Loss of potassium: Can result in diminished reflexes, fatigue, and cardiac arrythmias.

More excitement to come:cool:

.bulimia.
Thermoregulatory problems: Those with bulimia also have this problem. Electrolytic imbalances from purging usually cause the person with bulimia to have erratic temperature changes, so that one minute they are feeling warm and the next getting shivers and cold chills.

Insomnia: Mostly due from electrolytic disturbances and hormonal problems

Anemia: Purging wipes out precious iron from the person with bulimia's system.

Dental erosion: If the person with bulimia does not come forward about their problem, then most likely their dentist will spot it. The acid in our intestines that digests our food comes up when the person with bulimia purges, slowly deteriorating the enamel that protects the teeth. A dentist is able to spot this easily for the fact that many of them have had to go through specific courses when in dentistry school, which has given them a list of problems with the teeth caused specifically from repeated vomiting. The way the food and acid splash up against the teeth leaves a certain pattern that is the trademark of repeated vomiting. The constant erosion of the teeth usually leads to the enamel slewing off, and as a result, lots of cavities. It's not uncommon to hear of someone with bulimia to end up dealing with more than one root canal in their lifetime.

Ruptured blood vessels in the eyes

Paratoid swelling: Glands in the throat and mouth become irritated and swell.

Esophageal tears: The constant heaving of stomach acid eventually causes the stomach lining to wear off. The added pressure from purging also adds into this, and the person with bulimia stands a great risk of tearing their esophagus which leads to hemorraging and even rupturing of the esophagus.

Delayed gastric emptying: The tone of the stomach area becomes poor and weak so that it cannot produce the power to push out whatever food someone with bulimia eats. This can lead to a lot of toxins building up inside the body which also weakens the immune system and leaves the person susceptible to many viruses.

Chronic diarrhea and/or constipation : Those with bulimia often abuse laxatives, which can cause them to forever have diarrhea. In severe cases the person eventually loses all control over their bowels as well, forcing them to have to wear some form of a diaper.

Dehydration

Acidosis: Blood gets too acidic which can lead to other sicknesses

Osteoporosis : Bones become significantly weakened, leaving the person susceptible to broken bones from just falling out of bed.

Bradycardia: From purging, things called electrolytes become imbalanced. Electrolytes help control your heart's beat among other things, and once they are off balance your heart rate will suffer - most likely dropping too low.

Dysrhythmia: Sudden death from potassium levels being too low.

Edema: Bloating and water retention

Ulcers: The stomach lining slews off the more you throw up. Pretty soon the stomach has no protection against its acids, and the stomach acid starts to burn holes through the stomach. Eventually an ulcer forms and often becomes infected (think puss and germs - not pretty).

Amenorrhea: Some people think that you can only lose your period if you are underweight, but this is not true. Purging can seriously mess up a person's hormones which can lead to missing periods.

Metabolic problems - Hypocalcemia

Hypokalemia

Dry skin

Brittle nails

Urinary tract infections: Dehydration is common in those with bulimia, and bladder infections can become an often problem.

Loss of potassium : Purging, laxative, and diuretic abuse is a big factor into this. All three of these things causes vital fluids to be lost and creates the potassium levels of those with bulimia to drop dangerously low, setting them up for heart failure.

Chronic sore throat: Not fun to wake up every morning feeling like you have strep throat.

Eating disorders

Bet you can't wait :(

MY God you've even scared me then KD and I don't want to be stick thin,.... just around 22bmi......
Made me think I should stop binge eating as I am sure some of that would relate to that as well.... Of course I've always know I should stop, but often easier said than done, but I know I can remain strong...
And Cateka..... listen to Auntie KD, she talks lots of sense... XXXXX

MY God you've even scared me then KD and I don't want to be stick thin,

I don't think anorexics do either. In fact, I don't think anorexia is something you can choose to have, but people like to emulate them for some reason.

Made me think I should stop binge eating as I am sure some of that would relate to that as well.... Of course I've always know I should stop, but often easier said than done,
Well yes, you should stop but as you say, easier said than done. But it is possible, ya just got to keep on practising:sigh:

Here's something else for Cateka
[youtube]
qFbYW6bNViw[/youtube]

Oh, doesn't seem to be showing on my computer. Try this Anorexia

and this
isabellecaro_2ominutes_es_2.jpg

I don't think anorexics do either. In fact, I don't think anorexia is something you can choose to have, but people like to emulate them for some reason.

Well yes, you should stop but as you say, easier said than done. But it is possible, ya just got to keep on practising:sigh:

I'll keep practising... no fear of that.... I'm far to vain.. not to and my health is more important..

Hi KD,
Thanks for posting the info. on anorexia. All fellow weight losers, please do not aim to go below a healthy BMI. It really is not worth it and will not make you any happier. Please remember weight loss is good but not a fix-all. We need to look not just inwards but upwards as well. Alhtough I feel good losing weight, I am only complete in my Maker.

Good advice trimlee and KD, i know so many people who have taken things too far and one of my friends ended up in hospital earlier this year, weighing just 6st. Although i am on a low calorie diet, my reasons are that i just want to my old slim self, not a new thinner version of my former self, if that makes any sense. After having my son, i put on 4 stone, so going from a size 10/12 to size 14/16 i'm sure people can understand why i would want to lose the weight. I'm gonna be 21 soon, and i want that LBD (little black dress).

Hi sweetheart, it makes me feel so sad that you have been so desperately unhappy with your body that you didnt want to leave the house, and all this when your bmi is underweight!! I hate to be blunt, but the problem does not lie in your body, but deep within your mind, please seek professional help with this, i cant stress this enough. And a perfect example of WHY underweight/anorexic models should not be allowed in the public eye to represent a true image of how a woman should look!!!! Learn to love yourself sweetheart for who you are, as you definately are NOT overweight.
I wish you all the best!

Love Diane xx

All of those concequences of anorexia/bulimia listed do sound awful, I'd never wish them upon anybody and hope to never suffer them myself. However, I still feel as though they are irrelevant - for a start, I am not anorexic, I do not 'starve' myself. People tell me that if you starve your body your metabolism begins to fail, you feel fatigued and you gain weight.
I don't feel like this at all - I feel more energetic than I have in years, and I think due to the fact that I am still loosing weight (now 7st 13lb :D) proves that my metabolism is still pretty rapid - surely this couldn't happen if I was 'starving' myself.
The only problem I seem to be having is that I am bruising a bit easier, and this hardly makes me take to my bed.
If I were to suffer anything listed there I would be at the doctor's in minutes - I am somewhat of a hypochondriac and I would never let myself get that sick.

Jellybabie, I appreciate your concern also, but I feel you may have misunderstood me - its not just models that make me feel that way, its women I see everyday. I'll be walking down the street, and every woman who walks past me makes me go 'is she thinner than me?' and the I get stuck glancing in every shop window and the such.
I don't feel as though my problems are due to a mental illness though - I've not had 'one of those days' since I started dieting, nothing stops me from leaving the house anymore, and although I am still quite shy I don't feel as worried about how I look in my clothes. Even if they look stupid at least I'm quite slim.

I wouldn't want any of you to worry that I am sick in any way - I take very good care of myself and I only come on this forum for the same reasons as everyone else - advice and discussion about weight loss. I'm not looking for methods of fasting or anything like that.

advice and discussion about weight loss. I'm not looking for methods of fasting or anything like that.

Aw hun :( This forum is for support for those who have weight to lose. You think others are thinner than you, but I bet only you think that.

I really hope you find someone that can help you. It breaks my heart when I see young girls mess up their lives in pursuit of a unhealthy weight.

There is a forum out there that could help you.

Something fishy

Might be worth trying that when you feel ready. Take care Cateka.

Cateka, you have done very well to lose the weight,I'm sure you look fine as you are. What diet are you following? Are you exercising? How much more are you looking to lose?
I am looking for some diet tips, since you've done so well.:)

Back