yesterday I cooked...(food ment).

rachelh

is loving the soup?!
an amazing breakfast, lunch and 2-course dinner for hubby (won't go into details lol) and WAS NOT EVEN TEMPTED.
Then I woke up this morning and made his packed lunch. I was not even vaguely hungry.
If you'd told me at the start of this diet I could ever do that, I would not have believed you.
Instead of seeming like an age, those 12 weeks till Christmas are seeming like they will just fly by.
Anyone just starting...it is really worth persevering.

well done you i have been cooking alot i am using my hubby as a guinea pig i have been doing proper home cooked meals from scratch i buy no junk or treats he can have a treat on saturday and he has lost weight i was thinking i need to cook properly for when i come off LT i want to keep the weight off so i am trying to change the way i see food...jenny

I am loving the cooking! When we both eat, we eat mainly vegetarian food and I add meat or fish on the side for him (he is always lifting weights). I am now making him meals with meat as the main ingredient, which is giving me a chance to try all sorts of new things. It also meant I spent £45 on food for the week just for him but oh well! I can look through cookbooks without flinching...it's great. Sounds like both our hubbies are benefiting from this too!
BTW you have done so well!

YAY!! Mostly I'm the same -I love looking at diff recipes (tho never try them -I am not a great cook lol) but some evenings are a real killer for me. I know its not hunger -its the old food demons i.e. comfort and boredom eating.

Go you for getting all into it! ;)

p.s. The 12 weeks to xmas suddenly seem very doable dont they?

BlackRose, they really do. It seemed like so long at first...but now, I can really picture myself slim then and think 'yes, I CAN make this happen.'

I've baked a lot more with the children and they are loving the cakes, brownies and cookies we have made. I also cook meals more for them and my OH! I have also bought loads of cookbooks since starting LT and I'm looking forward to trying out healthy recipes when I finish.

x

it's weird - not only do i think the next 12 weeks are exciting (i could lose at least two stone), I am planning making Christmas cakes and puddings for all my family (don't like either) - I've just done a tesco order. I have no idea where this urge has come from but i have the compulsion to cook!! This LT messes with your brain!

I am the same, total cookaholic at the minute x

well done hun you are doing brilliant and so proud of you. xxx

me too due to my major food phobias (I know sounds wierd) I have never been much of a cook but have really been enjoying cooking for my Oh he has had loads of wonderful things to eat and the funny thing is although I have not been tempted in the slightest I found myself wanting to eat a prawn not because I was hungry or anything but because I was curious what it tasted like and this is not like me so I am hopeful that when I come off LT I will have a new out look on food.

eyesdontlie, that's wonderful xxx

Managing to cook for the family and pack lunches etc even have to get them to test things as I am cooking them to make sure the flavouring is enough...not even a temptation to tast.NEVER EVER have I had this much control around food. I have been thinking about going on a healthy food course or something to do with all the super food anti-oxidants etc...what is going on with us all lol?

It's great isn't it?
For me, most evenings I could fancy food (though not when I'm around it), but I fancy it as a tool to help me relax. I am in the habit of not facing problems, and LT is making me face them instead of eating, and it's quite terrifying! But good.

Oh am with you on that one rachel....I have a feeling this is going to be quite a journey for me...and I am loving it:D

Someone said to me today 'why do you do that when you can go the easier route of retraining the way you think about food with ww.'
Well for me, ww doesn't retrain you and it certainly isn't easier. In fact this is by far the easiest diet I have ever done in many ways - at least I have confidence I'll be slimmer in a couple of months!

Every other diet I have done had me thinking about food all the time almost being obsessive over it this seems to have freed me from having to think about it which ironically has made me think about it so differently.

Yep you're so right...and on that note I am off to cook hubby's tea lol x

Well done Rachel, Im hope I get to that stage soon, Im still wanting food loads!!!

I dont think ww makes you eat healthily at all. You can eat what you want as long as its within your points so I used to eat mcdonalds and everything!!

I don't think it is the fact that we are hungry, it's more like habit - one that needs to be broken.
I know that it has highlighted to me just how much 'tasters' I put in my mouth, such as leftovers from the kids teas etc. Used to give them to the dog as well but she has been diagnosed as being diabetic, so it's rations for both of us at the moment.
Not that I am complaining !!! and the dog certainly isn't !!!
:D:D:D:D:D

Back