Yet another "I'm back" thread

Caramelle

Hello ladies,

I know, I know.. the "I'm back" threads are probably a real drag to read again and again.. but you know the funny thing? My husband has been asking and asking if we could please start eating the diet food again. Not because he really needs that much of a diet, but he says it's the best food we ever ate!! Haha!

And as for me? Well... well!! I know there are no excuses really, but I do have one (of course!) and I really do believe it was the downfall which led me on a bit of a self-destructive path. We went over to celebrate Christmas with my family in Norway, at which point I was very happy and excited to continue my diet with controlled allowances for the festive eatings. But in the wee hours of Christmas morning, the unthinkable happened. My father came up to me and told me that my mum had stopped breathing. I won't go into the details, but in short, she passed away from us that snowy morning at the age of 53. It was a truly, truly devastating time for me, and in short - all the weight (save 1 1/2 punds!) is back on.

Now please don't think that I'm posting this to fish for sympathy, because I'm really not. But it's important to me to be honest and accept that I'm in the state I am again - and not punish myself for being overweight even though I know perfectly well that the only person I have to blame is myself. So here's to banishing all those pounds. My Slimming World diet was a "breeze" last time in the fact that both me and my husband enjoyed it immensely, so I'm sure that with a couple of stones worth of will-power I'll be well on my track to slimdom before I know it.

I wish you ladies the best of luck with your weight loss, and I hope you'll return the good luck's back. LORD KNOWS I'LL NEED IT! hahah! :)

So that's it from me. It's lovely to be back with you all! X X X

Last edited:
Welcome back Caramelle. So sorry to hear about your mum passing away. So young too - it must have been a terrible shock. You'll do really well back on plan I'm sure. Good luck hun!

Welcome back Caramelle. Am so sorry to hear of your loss & I know exactly how you are feeling as I lost my Dad suddenly a little while ago & all thoughts of your own self go out the window & the last thing you want to do is diet! However, there does come a time when you do know the time is right & yours is obviously now. You will get loads of support & advice on here & good luck with your weight loss. Kim x

Back