Yikes!! Busy night ahead and a Q

Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
I just got a parcel from a friend in America, containing birthday gifts (it's a few days late), and as well as the very generous filters for my camera (ones I'd wanted for ages but couldn't afford), she put lots of American goodies!! Twinkies, reeces peanut butter cups, American cereals, marshmallows, nacho cheese sauce and loads of other sweets!!

None of these are going to be in the book or online, so i guess I'll be using the calculator all night working out the syn values! I hope i can eat them (in moderation).

Now for the question... and it mgiht sound stupid.. but here goes...

Are all the nutrition values the same as here? I ask because I know that you get like US gallons and UK gallons so need to make sure grams are the same while working out the syns.

I wouldn't bother using the calculator to work out the syns for sweets and chocolate, whatever nutritional info you put in, the result will be one syn per 20 calories.

Yes, metric measures are the same all over the world. Some imperial measurements are different but I think they are just for volume, not weight.

Back