Yo yo dieter needs to stay on track!

Today's food

Porridge, skimmed milk & golden syrup 1

Mango snack

Jacket potato with baked beans and 30g half fat cheddar 2

Dinner will be salmon fish cakes- will point later as think the ingredients are all f&h, but will need to fry them in a little olive oil so may need to add my allowance...

Back on track now and determined to have a good day! X

Edit: used 2 points worth of olive oil extra to my allowance for the fish cakes. They were really good, so pleased. Although had to bribe my kids to eat a few mouthfuls of them as they could see evidence of veg! Served with butternut squash chips and peas, plus tbsp of light mayo.

Determined too that they will be more healthy. They wolf down fish fingers so hopefully can convince them to eat fish cakes again another time!

So day 1 finishing with 6/49 weeklies.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Last edited:
Plan for today

Porridge, skimmed milk & banana

Jacket potato with tuna light mayo sweetcorn 3

Veggie risotto 1 (for sprinkling of half fat cheese)

Snack on mango and raspberries

If all goes to plan this should leave me on 10/49 f&h day 2.

Food for today

Porridge skimmed milk & golden syrup 1

Go ahead strawberry yoghurt bar 4

Tuna pasta with grilled veg 2 (for mayo)

Dinner will be Moroccan chicken and cous cous - all filling and healthy ingredients (apart from 1 points worth of dried apricots included). Wish I was having a lovely flavoured Cous cous and not the wholewheat plain one but needs must !

20/49 day 3

Last edited:
Today's food

B

S
Crumpet & 1/2 tsp Lurpak lighter
Starbucks biscuit 3
Mango

L
Leftovers of last nights Moroccan chicken & couscous 1

D
Planning on the stuffed peppers, which are pretty much all f&h ingredients apart from 1 point for raisins that are included.

Feeling so hungry today! Snacked way more this morn than normal and just eat my lunch at 11.45! Need to not let myself slip up today so can try make up for my gain last week!

26/49 day 4

Last edited:
Today's food

B

S
Crumpet & 1/2 tsp Lurpak lighter
Starbucks biscuit 3
Mango

L
Leftovers of last nights Moroccan chicken & couscous 1

D
Planning on the stuffed peppers, which are pretty much all f&h ingredients apart from 1 point for raisins that are included.

Feeling so hungry today! Snacked way more this morn than normal and just eat my lunch at 11.45! Need to not let myself slip up today so can try make up for my gain last week!

26/49 day 4

So hungry today! Ended up eating another crumpet before dinner, and made sweet potato chips with my stuffed peppers which were really nice. Probably didn't need the potatoes as really full up now.

I'm quite tired today and I always seem way more hungry when I'm tired. Up at 5am for work in the morning so early night calling!

Not sure what to cook tomorrow although have lots of leftovers from last couple of days so probably just a mis match food day ahead.

Today's food

Jordan's almond and honey bar 4

Jacket potato with leftovers from the filling I made for stuffed peppers yesterday 1

Dinner is going to be the final instalment of my Moroccan chicken with couscous. My husband has bought some yummy Moroccan houmous and flatbread to have with his helping! Am debating using the last lot of my weeklies to join him as feeling very jealous of these yummy additions!

So far 31/49 so will add my extras later if I decide to have them. Leaning towards having them right now!!

X

Today's food

Jordan's almond and honey bar 4

Jacket potato with leftovers from the filling I made for stuffed peppers yesterday 1

Dinner is going to be the final instalment of my Moroccan chicken with couscous. My husband has bought some yummy Moroccan houmous and flatbread to have with his helping! Am debating using the last lot of my weeklies to join him as feeling very jealous of these yummy additions!

So far 31/49 so will add my extras later if I decide to have them. Leaning towards having them right now!!

X

Ahhhhh so wished I'd done the maths before I ate! Just had 15 weeklies for my husbands extra bits to dinner which takes me to

46/49 day 5!!!

Two very strict propoints days ahead of me now ladies! I have to do this!!

X

Last edited:
Lookin good hun u will have them 2 pounds of within no time cod fishcakes sound nice hun did u make them x

Hi love, here is the fishcake recipe.

This made enough for me, my husband and kids, so probably 3 adults worth...

400g potatoes, cut into large dice
1 large carrot, cut into thin rounds
200g salmon fillets, skin removed
6 tsp olive oil
1 leek
25g Greek beans finely chopped
2tbsp parsley, I used fresh but could easily do dried

Cook potato and carrot in boiling water until tender.

Desk and mash together- add a bit of skimmed milk to get right mash texture.

Poach the salmon in simmering water for 5 mins until cooked through.

Allow fish to cool.

Break fish up into flakes.

Heat 2tsp of oil and fry leek and beans for 5 mins until tender.

Stir leek and beans into mash, then add salmon and parsley into mixture and stir again.

Use hands to mould mixture into fish cake shapes.

Heat remaining 4tsp of oil in frying pan and cook fish cakes for approx 5 mins until golden, turning once.

Best bit of these are they are all filling and healthy ingredients - just make sure you only use 2tsp of oil per person and count any extra.

Xx

Pointing today

So far

Porridge 4
Skimmed milk 3
Banana 0

Crumpet 2
1/2 Tsp of Lurpak lighter 0
Mango 0

9/26

Struggling with what to plan for rest of day! Might do roast chicken with butternut squash chips and veg for dinner, but no idea for lunch as yet. Know I need to have rice or pasta of some kind for lunch as any kind of sandwiches or salad just don't fill me up and I end up over snacking. Will update later with decisions!

46/49 weeklies

Just been to shopping and rest of day looks like this

L
M&S veggie burger 6
Brown rice 40g 2
Broccoli 0
Light mayo 1

D
Chicken leg/thigh- no skin 3
Butternut squash 0
New potatoes 50g 1
Green beans 0
Light mayo 1

This will leave me on 23/26 so a few points to play with for snacks, perhaps another crumpet! Will try keep to fruit where possible so could potentially use some oil on my butternut squash later instead of spray.

46/49 weeklies day 6

Thank u hun iv been havin foods i usually have with filling and healthy just interstin to see the points how u doin today hun x

Thank u hun iv been havin foods i usually have with filling and healthy just interstin to see the points how u doin today hun x

Good idea. Tried to do the same today. Had to avoid my standard jacket potato as by weighing what I normally have works out to be 8points before even think about a filling!

I also find when I point I tend to go for quicker fix ready meal type things (such as today's burger) as opposed to cooking like I do when I do filling and healthy.

Is good to be able to switch between the two.

Pointing the filling and healthy foods though- you must be onto a winner this week! Fingers crossed for a good loss. X

I kno what u mean hun when i point i tend to use ww micro meals do u think its better if pointing to have things u carnt wile on filling and healthy if u kno what i mean x

Well yes it gives you the option. Tomorrow I have some breaded fish to have with the kids which I wouldn't have on filling and healthy. It's easier for convenience as can just have shop bought stuff which you can't have on filling and healthy.

I think overall I prefer filling and healthy as I eat more and am more full up from f&h foods. But it's handy to not have to cook from scratch every meal so pointing is good. Switching between the two for me is a good balance.

Also each week I inevitably blow my weeklies when I just can't be good anymore or have a meal out etc so is good to use pointing after that when I don't have any weeklies left to spend on the extras I need each day on f&h... Mayo and golden syrup... I am addicted!!!

Back