Yo-Yo's Diary Mark III

yo-yo-dieter

Silver Member
Here I am starting ANOTHER diet diary!! However, this is going to be different.
1. I'm putting it in the "diet diary" section rather than calorie counting/LL/whatever diet I am doing at the moment.
2. I'm gonna post in this one every day even if it's just a one line "bad day" post.
3. I WILL succeed this time.

However, I really do not know what to do for the best. I dither, and change my mind like my underwear (ie every day). I start a diet one day, fall off the wagon in the afternoon, think "I'll start again tomorrow" go off on a binge, then the cycle starts again the next day.

I'm completely ruled by food, it's so depressing. I decided this morning that the Cambridge Diet is the way forward (well, for this week anyway!!) but we have a meeting with lunch at work on Thursday and so, the first thought from evil twin was "You can't start it now, you've got that lunch meeting with all that food!"
good twin: Come on, just a week wont kill you, and there'll be another lunch meeting in May, get a good kick-start, you could lose half a stone in the week.
Bad twin: Why bother, you know when you see the food on Thursday that you'll cave in and eat and the time will have been wasted! Start Cambridge next Friday after the lunch meeting.....

But I am one of these people who wants to start STRAIGHTAWAY!! If I don't start straightaway then I am capable of piling on a few pounds by having loads of "last suppers".

I've phoned a cambridge counseller in my area called Adele, and spoken to her. She said she can see me on Monday and will ring me back with a time.

I did very well with Lighter Life when I did it from June to September last year. I felt really liberated and not hard-done-by at all. The pounds were noticeably falling off, and I could see a difference on the scales every single day, which kept me motivated. I did not dislike the taste of the shakes or the bars and found it really easy.

However I could not afford to do RTM so started eating normally again straightaway. I didn't do too badly between September and November, but between November and now (5 months) I have gained 1st 4lbs and I seem to be eating none-stop whenever I get the opportunity.

I've got around 100 packs left of my LL stuff, but everytime I attempt a re-start I fail miserably by the time evening comes around. I have a mental block and can't take a blender to work as I don't want to draw attention to myself, and I don't have any bars left, so I am bascially trying to go all day without anything to eat...at least with Cambridge Diet I will have the Tetra packs to take to work for breakfast and lunch, that's my plan (til I can have bars) then another shake in the evening. I'm also relieved to hear that I only have to drink 4 pints of water and not four litres!! *Bladder breathes a sight of relief*

I think I will have a go at LL shakes and protein today, Sunday and Monday (lets forget about the banoffe pie, and crisps/dips I have eaten this morning!!!) and see if I can make it a little easier on myself

Right - she has just phoned me back! 6:45pm Monday I go!! Can't wait to be slim again, can't wait to be slim again!!!

Okay, so Saturday wasn't such a good day to start because we went out to a birthday party last night and there was food, and LOTS of it! And lots of alcohol too. I also struggled to find something to wear as my stomach is just so enormous and I was really self-conscious about it (til the alcohol wore in anyway)

Today, however, am being very good, just drinking water and just had a mushroom soup for lunch. I didn't think I had any bars left but I have just found one at the bottom of the bag I keep them in, so I think I might take that to work tomorrow.

I went to see my counsellor last night. She is really nice and we had a good chat (not even about the diet!). On her scales last night I was 12st 9lbs (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK) and I want to be 10st 7lbs (30lbs), so it looks like I am gonna be on it a bit longer than the month I had hoped!!

I'm going to work armed with two tetra packs (1 of each flavour) and they are gonna be so much help at work. Also two-and-a-bit litres - PAH! I'll have had that by lunchtime.

On my own scales this morning I was 12st 5lbs - there, 4lbs gone already LOL

Thanks Wl8!

Day 1 went well.

Am - Banana Shake in a Tetra (jury still out on that)

PM - Toffee & Walnut (I think) shake - liked this one.

Late PM: Broccolli & cheese soup (alright)

Water: 3.5 litres

Weight this morning: 12st 2.2lbs!!! (2.8lbs lost since yesterday)

So, those of you who have got to know me, know how impulsive I am don't you?

Well, I think Cambridge Diet wasn't something I thought through very well. Unfortunately for me, I don't think sole sourcing is something I can stick to ever again. The thought of being without food or alcohol or treats for weeks on end is just making me feel so despondent.

So, I'm packing it in, and going back to calorie counting. I'm trying to be more relaxed about eating. I've managed to go two days now and not eat rubbish. I'm telling myself, that my aims are goals and not rules and see if that changes my mind set.

I said no to the breakfast butty run today, which I was really proud of as I love my breakfast butties.

However we had a lunch meeting with buffet this lunchtime, and I did fill my boots, but I know with 1700 calories (including some leftover from yesterday) that I had enough calories.

I'm also taking my morning weight reading as the starting point, which yesterday morning was 12st 2.2lbs - so I've lost nealry half a stone since Monday night already LOL, so I need to lose about 24lbs.

Goals for tomorrow:
1. Stick to 1400 calories.
2. No afternoon crap-snack-attacks.
3. Drink two litres of water.
4. Eat a good breakfast.

Back