YOGHURT SCONES

ok what did i do wrong they didnt rise

This happened a couple of times with me, (try my tips below) - but my DH loves them so much he just ate tham as biscuits with his cuppa - either way they always get eaten, LOL...

Maybe your mixture was too 'wet' sometimes you don't need to add the milk - plus you have to give your mixture a good kneading before you roll out and cut the scones out.

Good luck next time. X

Thanks for this recipe Donnie46, made a batch earlier using the limited edition summer berries mullerlight and they were delish with quark and a smidge of raspberry jam

hi there, ive just made these scones and put strawberry jam on and they were gorgeous,only trouble was i forgot you had put you didnt use all the mullerlite and it was dead sticky and kept sticking to my fingers and the board but i hav to say they were lvli xx

Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed them, you could have put a little extra flour in the mixture to help, but I found that putting a little less yoghurt in worked well.

Ok mine are in the oven and already are smelling lovely, just hope I can hold out for other half to come home before tucking in, I used about 3/4 pot of yoghurt but it was still a little sticky so just added more flour .. next time I will just use half a pot. I've made them with cherry yogurt, cant wait to try them :)

This recipe used strawberry yoghurt but I love the idea of the cherry one, cherry yog is my favourite!

Thanks Donnie. xx

Oooh..cherry yogurt with almond essence. Yum!

Ok, so I just made these with vanilla yogurt and fresh blueberries. Tip: do not add the blueberries to the dough before you knead it otherwise it makes a big mess and makes it too wet! They still turned out but next time I'll knead the dough and cut into rounds and then press 2 or 3 blueberries into each one.

These were lovely and I made small ones using 1.5" round cutter - it ended up giving me 20 of them. I calculated total syns to be 34.5 and that means each one works out at 1.75 syns per scone, to be exact!

Next time though I will probably add a little splenda to the dough to make it slightly sweeter for my taste.

Attachments

• IMG_5017.JPG
    IMG_5017.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 236
I will try them with blueberries Stacey - I shall have to hide a couple though as my hubby noshe's them as soon as they are cooked, thank you. X

I've just made these again using Jaylou's variation, using 28g sultanas, 1/2tsp baking powder, have used toffee yogurt and added 1/2tsp of ground cinnamon to the mix aswell. In the oven cooking now :)

I'm going to have a bash at making these tonight. Looking forward to it actually!

ive made some of these and believe 2 scones (7 syns) are roughly the same as one normal scone.
How many syns is one normal scone from the shop?

Back