Yogurt

Zoesastar

Silver Member
How important is it to have yogurt on a daily basis?

I have tried the Total 0% Greek yogurt, with sweetner and vanilla essence stirred into it along with my oat bran, it's horrible. :cry:

Im not sure i could stomach that every day, are there any nicer ones?

How important is it to have yogurt on a daily basis?

I have tried the Total 0% Greek yogurt, with sweetner and vanilla essence stirred into it along with my oat bran, it's horrible. :cry:

Im not sure i could stomach that every day, are there any nicer ones?

Get yourself a slow cooker and make your own, see my sig below.

You will not regret it, it is nothing like the bought stuff, I am sure others will be along to tell you soon, won't you folks!

Make your own yoghurt, strain it to make really thick greek yogurt and add sweetener and vanilla extract, or buy the packets of Hartleys jelly mix and put a bit of the powder in the yogurt to flavour it, lovely.

;)

How important is it to have yogurt on a daily basis?/QUOTE]

I eat homemade s/c yog every day, either on it's own with flavourings, on its own without, with jelly, in dukan omelette or use it to make dukan muffins.

I read somewhere that if you drain off the whey it doubles the protein content, seems to work for me.

;)

Try Tesco fat free fromage frais. It's less thick than yoghurt. And you don't have to eat it if you dont like it. Dairy is limited anyway. I've grown a love for quark. Mixed with sweetener and ate with rhubarb. Mmm

If you're not used to eating plain / natural / greek yoghurt the taste will be too sour for you. So I think you need to experiment with flavourings.

Your choice is food flavourings you get in the little bottles (try the internet for a wider selection of flavours), SF jelly powder or some use SF syrups from the Dukan shop or other low carb low sugar websites.

As for if you NEED to eat yoghurt, probably not, though I would be worried I wasn't getting enough calcium.

(PS. I too make my own yoghurt every other day and love it :D)

Back