Yooo hoooooooo new one here....

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Doodleflaps, 25 August 2014 Social URL.

1. Doodleflaps

Doodleflaps New Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hiya all,

I am a lady 'of a certain age" Wife of 40 yrs to a man who eats like a bl**dy horse & doesn't gain weight - admittedly he is very active, Mum to one daughter & Grandma (I was a child bride :p) to 2 gorgeous boys & am determined to lose the 2stone I've gained in the last 3 years since being cured of nasty IBS (I retain all the calories of everything I now consume :sign0131: :D ) I also gave up the evil fags 3 years ago & discovered I have an almost insatiable appetite for all things sweet & chocolately that I never knew I had!

The time has now come to take action before our next beach holiday in November. I have decided to Atkins low carb as I need to address the sweet tooth & hopefully cutting out all sugar will help break the addiction. Plus of course I love meat,cheese, dairy & veg etc. Big bit of belly of pork is roasting in the oven as I'm typing.

I know this is the place for great advice & support and hopefully will also make some dieting buddies as well.

Enjoy the rest of this wet Bank Holiday whatever you're doing.

Doodleflaps

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hello & welcome:) go ahead and start a diary in the diaries section if you want to track food and menus and get any advice. Good luck!

4. samsmum1

samsmum1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World.
    Hi Hun another re starter here! Like you I'm 40 something ( just- I'm 50 next month!) mum to a 28 year old and a 4 year old who'll be 5 on my 50 th birthday! I've been messing about between SW and WW since he was born but find I keep going over my syns on SW and slowly sliding into eating low point crap on WW. When I've managed to follow Atkins I remember feeling great then life got in the way! Anyway I've got a family get together next Thurs but am restarting on Friday! Good luck and keep me posted on your progress!
    Sal x

5. Everhopeful

Everhopeful " If at First".....

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.21%)
    Diet:
    No Sugar.
    Hi, I'm a re-re-re-re- ad infinitum ------- starter, I have fallen so often by the wayside I have my own paving stone. Off to bed but thought I'd say hullo first... :)

Good luck & happy eating Doodleflaps. :)

Last edited: 17 October 2014
  6. Siobhan

Siobhan Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13.4lb(17.47%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hi all, I too am a re-starter. I did Atkins years ago and lost well on it. I met my now-husband after losing the weight, got married - had kids...blah blah...we all know how it goes.

Well, I've been trying to lose the post wedding and baby weight and now that my youngest is 1 it's about time I did something about it. I started back on Atkins on 31st August '14 and my husband is also following this WOE, just a lot less strictly as he only weighs 11.5st.

I have lost 18lbs since starting and although this week has been a struggle (Last week of the month before payday!) I have been takin lower carb options to ensure I don't gain (or not too much anyway!) Back on properly from Tuesday!

How are all you lovelies getting on? x

7. samsmum1

samsmum1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World.
    Hi Hun! Recent recruit to Atkins here! Had success 7/8 years ago with Atkins but went to the usual SW / WW groups always losing and regaining the same few pounds before having my second son 23 years after the first in 2009. Anyway it was my 50th yesterday- the wine is drunk the chocolates snaffled by my 5 year old so am restarting in the morning hoping to get back to my pre- pregnancy weight by Christmas ( approx 17 lbs so it a tall order!) but I know the initial weight loss is more ccos last time I lost 8lbs in the first two weeks so you never know!
    Good luck everyone! Sal x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.