You can buy what???

I found ready peeled hard boiled eggs when I was shopping!

Sleepy59 said:

I saw those in a magazine recently, nothing easier than boiling an egg you'd think! Can't imagine they taste like ones just done at home, bet they're like rubber!

Frozen mash?

Not tried it but what's it all about? How hard is it to peel, boil and mash some spuds??

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

Horrid, Just horrid...........agree with you. It takes minutes to peel potatoes and then mash them. Sometimes I think people today have to much money or just do not know how to manage their money.

I saw tinned fried onions today which made me do a bit of a double take!

Here in Spain we have a product called Sotofrito which is chopped tomatoe and fried onions and it work well in a sauce for a pasta

Frozen mash is great and a boon if you are single - sometimes I don't want to go to the trouble of boiling and mashing potatoes for one person. You just need to get over the surprise that it looks like frozen tampons :D
LOL !!!!!

But what about omelette in a tin - I saw that on the shelf recently!! :rolleyes:

OMG how awful !!!!!!

we have those but still in the shells............... how disgusting.......how much effort does it take to boil an egg......????

Worst thing for me was cooked liver.......oh yuk !!!

fillymum, can I ask you a question if you live in Spain? Do the supermarkets have the nutritional values of food on the backs of the packets? I'm going on holiday there next week and I'm worried about the food situation!

fillymum, can I ask you a question if you live in Spain? Do the supermarkets have the nutritional values of food on the backs of the packets? I'm going on holiday there next week and I'm worried about the food situation!

Yes , mos of them do so relax and enjoy your holiday.

Where are you going to ??

hugs x

Yes , mos of them do so relax and enjoy your holiday.

Where are you going to ??

hugs x

Tenerife ! I know it's not quite spain but close enough :D It's just me and my mum going on a relaxing break. Lucky you living out there though :clap: - I'm green with envy! :

xx

You will have no problem staying on plan.

Enjoy !!!!

I loathe tinned baked beans! I can't even look at them. I can't sit near someone eating them. So many people on this site mention "jacket and beans" and I just cringe reading it.

I love beans, BUT when I see people posting that they have jacket, salad and beans, my teeth curl at the thought of the bean juice touching the lettuce *shudders*

Weirdest thing I have seen for sale (not even sure if it is a food or not :confused:) is pigs ears. Shop near here has a basket of pigs ears outside it. Oh dear god, they are all hairy :eek: I mean WTF? *boaks*

I love beans, BUT when I see people posting that they have jacket, salad and beans, my teeth curl at the thought of the bean juice touching the lettuce *shudders*

Weirdest thing I have seen for sale (not even sure if it is a food or not :confused:) is pigs ears. Shop near here has a basket of pigs ears outside it. Oh dear god, they are all hairy :eek: I mean WTF? *boaks*

Haha! They are for dogs. Though my gran used to eat pigs trotters. Yuuukkk

Eeeeewwwww! Dirty dogs! LOL

There was a guy served pigs trotters on Come Dine With Me. They cost about 50p a sack and were all hairy too LMAO

OMG Jemma! :eek::eek::eek:

REALLY? What episode was this? I'd love to see it!

I saw those in a magazine recently, nothing easier than boiling an egg you'd think! Can't imagine they taste like ones just done at home, bet they're like rubber!

I bought some pickled eggs the other day...seemed like a good idea at the time!!!

Pickled eggs are yummy. But sadly need to be covered in salt.
Here's one a friend was telling me about though, burgers in a tin. You boil cook it (like a old fashioned steam pudding) Gross or what?!

Back