You can buy what???

I buy frozen mash and frozen carrot and swede for Nan she can't stand up long enough to peel veg anymore, so these work great for her, she just takes out a few pellets of each, microwaves for a couple of minutes and then adds an obscene amount of butter (I don't even bother telling her off it's better than her not bothering to eat anything). Hugs Crystal xx

I am assuming your nan is fairly elderly? In which case i don't blame her for taking shortcuts & adding butter. For me, the whole point of SW is to eat healthy now so that when i'm old i don't have to worry about it!

fillymum, can I ask you a question if you live in Spain? Do the supermarkets have the nutritional values of food on the backs of the packets? I'm going on holiday there next week and I'm worried about the food situation!

Nutritional labelling is covered by EU legislation, so all EU countries should have similar kinds of labelling to ours.

Absolutely same as! Hate, hate, hate them|!! The worst thing is ordering a full english somewhere. Yum yum. Only to find you forgot to aske withoiut baked beans and there's baked bean juice over it. I can't eat it, if it's on the plate!!

And there was me thinking it was just me!!

Glad I am not the only one.

I am assuming your nan is fairly elderly? In which case i don't blame her for taking shortcuts & adding butter. For me, the whole point of SW is to eat healthy now so that when i'm old i don't have to worry about it!

Yeah she's 80 and poorly, Hugs Crystal xx

Claracluck9 said:
What about that cheese in a can they sell in the US , like squirty cream but it's fake cheesy stuff

And even more wrong, they have a cheese & bacon flavoured spray cheese. Ewwww! Fake cheese with fake bacon.

Pickled eggs are yummy. But sadly need to be covered in salt.
Here's one a friend was telling me about though, burgers in a tin. You boil cook it (like a old fashioned steam pudding) Gross or what?!

Oh no! I remember them from when I was a kid - if it's the ones in gravy they were really nice - like sloppy joes. I remember only having them at Xmas when my mum got the Xmas hamper - you couldn't buy them anywhere!! Haw haw.

i remember tinned burgers! when i was little my next door neighbours used to have them and I used to be jealous that they had burgers because my mum made us have meat, potatoes and vegetables all the time... but it was chippy every friday!
why i was jealous i don't know! ewww

there are a few foods i just don't understand why they exist...
1.. lettuce.... why do people eat lettuce, its pointless!
2.. olives... they are just wrong and they stink!
3.. blue cheese... why would you eat food that is off?! and again it stinks!
i'm sure there are many others but i am so fussy with food... im a plain meat and 2 veg kinda girl lol xx

Depends on the lettuce. I love Little Gems, and Romaine. I used to like Iceberg but I have gone off that recently. Not so keen on "floppy" lettuce.

Back