You have such a pretty face...

lshafik

....I can't wait until that isn't what people say to me....I always think that it's a little condescending lol.

Who else gets that?

I had it of my friends mother in law. You have such a pretty face you will look fabulous when you lose weight. Translates to me as you look like a fat ugly cow now!

I had it of my friends mother in law. You have such a pretty face you will look fabulous when you lose weight. Translates to me as you look like a fat ugly cow now!

LOLS! It is one of those things huh....although I know I have a pretty face - it might look horrible when I am thin....who knows...!

I love these boards - just thought I would throw it out there! x

i have had so many ' pretty face ' comments over the years.
my biggest problem with that is that i disagree completely.
in my eyes everything about me is unattractive, including my face. :sigh:
nobody elses opinion of me could be much lower than my self opinion anyway although i am hoping this will change as my confidence increases.

i have had so many ' pretty face ' comments over the years.
my biggest problem with that is that i disagree completely.
in my eyes everything about me is unattractive, including my face. :sigh:
nobody elses opinion of me could be much lower than my self opinion anyway although i am hoping this will change as my confidence increases.

thats so sad - i wish there was a 'thumbs down' for this as its not true.

However - you only feel as good as you feel and NO ONE can tell you otherwise.

I know I am losing weight but it's not because I don't think I am 'hot' cos I know I am (big head!) its health reasons...I don't want to die young.

I have never had any 'issues' with how I look or my size AND I will be in 'love it' magazine on the 5th May about this - check it out! x

i wish i had ur confidence. i really do.
when i look at ur picture i see a beautiful woman, worthy of peoples praise and worthy of calling herself 'hot'.
when i see mine ( and it took me about a year to put a profile picture on) i could actually gag looking at it ( although it has my gorgeous son on it with me so he hopefully grabs the eye more than i do)
i think i also have a certain degree of body dysmorphia as i see programmes of people weighing over twice my weight and yet i am convinced i look worse than them.
i may have to address this at a later date if i get closer to goal and still feel the same way.
i am hoping i will in time see myself in a new light when i am in a more acceptable and normal body size.

Definitely :) Everyone is gorgeous in my eyes though....I dunno - I was bought up to find something beautiful in everyone apart from those with an ugly heart.

And your heart (from what you have said on here) is one of the most beautiful.... :) :)

yeah ive had "youve a pretty face, its such a shame about your body thou"

i do not take compliments well, i know it upsets my ex, as soon as he tells me im beautiful i start shaking my head

Back