You know that expression 'pride comes before a fall...?'

Memphis

Well this weekend I fell…uh-oh. :sigh:

I have been boasting to people about how easy I'm finding the diet etc then, at a wedding on Friday night, I accepted a drink from someone.

Big mistake. I haven't drank since starting the diet, and it went down a little too well. Unfortunately it made me feel rather sick - so what did I do to rectify the situation and make myself feel better? I ate a couple of sandwiches from the buffet. Instantly felt better but what a mistake!

Sadly my resolve went over the weekend completely and I confess to nibbling here and there - something I've never done in the month or so I've been SSing.

Went to bed last night feeling awful about it and wished I hadn't done it. Stepped on the scales this morning and - surprise surprise - I appear to have put on 2lbs.
I also feel hungry today so I guess the magical blanket of ketosis has gone. I know I need to draw a line under it and move on, which I will do. And today I'm back to being good again.

Weigh in is on Thursday. Is it likely, do you think, that I could lose the 2lbs by then? Any advice on what I could do? Drink more water? Exercise? Cut off my arm?

Yeah so lesson learned - no drinking on this diet for me...

Yes yes yes!!!!! Stick with it and you'll be fine, you've got loads of time to rectify the damage hun. (wish I could listen to my own advice just once lolol....see my thread sigh) xxxx

I think you should cut your arm off NOW!! :8855:

No seriously, I think there's very few people on here who can put their hand on their heart and say they didn't fall off the wagon at least once on CD - happens to us all! :eek: All you can do is put it behind you, and try not to do it again! Unfortunately nibbling can lead to more nibbling (I'm a champion nibbler so I know) so harden yourself and just stick to CD food.

Worth it in the end! ;)

PS. Don't exercise on SS - it'll crease you! I found a walk to the shops and back was more than enough (and sometimes even too much). Read a book or watch an old movie instead! :D

Last edited:
Hey hon
Just wanted to say today is a new day... You had a blip dont beat yourself up about it.
Your doing so well stick with it and I am sure by thursday those 2 lbs will be off and more xx

Thanks for all your replies I'm not beating myself up about it! But I won't do it again, that's for sure.
Just hope I can get that 2lbs off before Thursday and just chalk that up to experience.

You have four days to kick ass and make yourself feel good. Stick to your plan, make sure you get some mild exercise every day, drink plenty of water and most importantly pamper yourself. Nice hot bubbly baths, buy a few magazines and enjoy them with a cup of coffee/tea, have a homemade manicure/pedicure, go to bed early, moisterise your body top to toe in a luxurious body lotion, surf the internet looking at the sexy/slinky/fitted clothes you will be buying when you get to goal etc

Use the weekend experience as a blueprint as to what you will do when you complete CD and are back in the "real eating world". You had a good weekend, now it's time to get back into sensible mode. The weekend was a learning curve, so don't beat yourself up...you have done fabulously well so far and by Thursday will be totally back in the groove.

Good luck,

You can do it,

Gaynor x

Back