You people need to make: Magic Oaty Pancakes

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Vixxster, 25 January 2012.

1. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Magic Pancakes (makes 6-12 depending on size of cookie cutter, type of yogurt, type of Oats and number of eggs used)

1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)
    1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)

Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.

Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.

Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight (I used Better than Butter but any flavour will do - obv not Wok Light though, urgh!)

Place your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.

Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula.

This picture is mine.

[​IMG] :D

I used a Weight Watchers Toffee Apple yogurt with 2 eggs and an Oats So Simple. Obviously because there is less yogurt than a Muller and less oats than a new HEb, I only used 2 eggs. It made 6 pancakes. I served with a side of banana and a 2 syn drizzle of honey.

Now, because we have soooo many choices of yogurt, you can really experiment with flavours and toppings! I can't wait to try banana muller with nutella on top and raspberries on the side!

Try it, I promise it's lovely - and PERFECT for pancake day coming up!

They are not like crepes, they are more like the 'American' stacking style pancakes.

Enjoy! I got this recipe from the Slimming World facebook group, from a genius called Tracey, so I can't take credit for it. But I CAN tell you that it's looooovely!
  2. slimforsummer

slimforsummer Well-Known Member

They sound really nice will have to give them a go. Thanks for sharing :)
  3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

4. Roziee

Roziee Well-Known Member

Ok vixxster I'm gonna try it!!!!! Xxxx

I have vanilla yogurt and mango i think... Mmmm excited now!
  5. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Oooo, nice! Now I might sound really stupid here, but did you use metal cutters? xx
  6. katty

katty Well-Known Member

yum, off to mix yogurt and porridge now for tomorrow :)
  7. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Well-Known Member

Last edited: 25 January 2012
  8. manono

manono Member

yum yum yum yum. i neeeed to try this xx
  9. Roziee

Roziee Well-Known Member

Sorry this is a stupid question... Why size yogurt should I use for 1 sachet of porridge?

I don't eat mullers that's why I ask x
  10. ashbash

ashbash Member

sounds and looks really yummy thanks for sharing x
  11. Deathworm

Deathworm Well-Known Member

Sounds very much like the Dukan crepes but they use oatbran instead. The only Dukan recipe I use as I am not anti carbs by any means.
  12. Vixxster

Oooh Britmum you use Readybrek, I did wonder whether Readybrek would work! I shall try it out!

Don't think it needs the baking powder etc though, works without!
  13. Vixxster

Sian I did use metal cutters, but if you're careful you won't damage your pan xx
  14. Mini~Mummy~2~B

Mini~Mummy~2~B Well-Known Member

They look great!
  15. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Well-Known Member

the baking powder does make a difference I find, as it keeps them light and fluffy. But yes they would be fine without.

I don't need to use any metal cutters with these. I get perfectly round American style pancakes with my mix by just pouring some of the batter mix into the pan.

I make a similar pancake for my 9 month old, using fruit puree instead of yoghurt, I do baby led weaning with her and she LOVES them. Lol
    Last edited: 26 January 2012
  16. Tinnedtomato

Tinnedtomato Well-Known Member

These look gorgeous!! Must give them a try!! Thanks for sharin xx
  17. icklerockchick

icklerockchick slow but steady!

Totally excited to try these I love pancakes mmm! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
  18. mrhappy1985

mrhappy1985 Well-Known Member

Sounds yummy
  19. Divster