You people need to make: Magic Oaty Pancakes

mmmm breakfast this morning!! thank you for the receipe!

Attachments

• P1030201.jpg
    P1030201.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 1,659
that look delicious im might have to try them tomorrow :) x

just had these cant decide if i like them or if i feel a bit sick lol!!

BM, the metal cutters I used were just so that I could make more than 2 in my pan at once without them running together! They probably aren't necessary for the more seasoned pancake maker (which I am not, LOL)

Magic Pancakes (makes 6-12 depending on size of cookie cutter, type of yogurt, type of Oats and number of eggs used)

1 sachet of Oats So Simple (or your HEB Oats allowance)
1 syn free yogurt such as Muller Light (try vanilla flavour first before experimenting)

Make 'Magic Porridge' by mixing the oats and the yogurt and leaving in the fridge overnight.

Next day, mix 2-3 eggs into the yogurt and oat mix thoroughly and add a couple of tablespoons' sweetener.

Then, get a hot not-stick frying pan, add frylight (I used Better than Butter but any flavour will do - obv not Wok Light though, urgh!)

Place your cookie or pastry cutter in the pan and gently pour a little mixture in until it fills the base of the cutter.

Wait a minute for the base to harden then remove the cookie cutter. After another min or so (use your judgement) flip carefully with a fish slice or spatula.

Thanks for sharing I am going to try this for a "treat" breakfast tomorrow.

UPDATE: Absolutely delish! Even my OH loved them. Thanks again x

Last edited:
I made these this morning and they are amazing, roll on the next batch.

Just a thought.... I wonder if you whisked the eggs then mixed in the porridge/yogurt and sweetener if you could bake it in the oven like a sponge and perhaps roll it with more yogurt or quark with fresh fruit like a roulade. I may give that a go perhaps with 1/2 tsp baking powder (1/2 syn)

Last edited:
Britmum does hers with baking powder and Ready Brek! Making cake sounds like a plan! Let us know if it works! xx

Edit: Oh and I made some this morning, but used less mixture per pancake and I didn't need the cookie cutters, just 1 tablespoon of mixture per cake! xx

Mr Happy, what did you put in the to make them sour? Did you use FF natural yog? That would be quite sour and probably not very nice. Better off with a flavoured syn free portioned pot of yoghurt like a Muller or something.

Well I added 1/2 tsp baking powder, whisked the egg whites until light then added this and the yolks to the porridge mixture. Poured the lot into a small square baking tin lined with greaseproof paper and baked for about 10-15 mins at 170 deg C. While it was still hot I added strawberry and banana slices then rolled it, topped it with more fruit and drizzled some fruit of the forest yogurt over. See pictures. Oh and BTW it tastes delish but a bit fiddly to eat with fingers. xx

30012012134.jpg

30012012135.jpg

Ooooh wow big stuffed pancake looks amaazing!! Well done you! xx

I tried these this morning and thought they were lovely. Only used half a bowl of magic porridge ( incase I didn't like them!) With one egg and sweetner. Very filling..might make the other half up for lunch!

Back