You really weigh that much????

Klev

I was wondering if there were people that can relate to this. Last week my brother in law and his girlfriend came over. So while the boys watched football the girls were chatting away.

We got to talk about my weight and what im planning to do...she thought it was pretty radical so i asked her if she knew how much i weigh. She said no, so i told her, i also told her im not just obese, but morbid obese....she was shocked...she would have never guessed i really weigh that much..

Now that might sound like a luxury problem, cause its always nice to look slimmer then you really are. But this is what frustrates me, i keep having to explain why i am doing this, why i want to go radical on my weight loss this time, well at least i feel i have to explain....

Good Luck Klev

I was wondering if there were people that can relate to this... i also told her im not just obese, but morbid obese...But this is what frustrates me, i keep having to explain why i am doing this, why i want to go radical on my weight loss this time, well at least i feel i have to explain

Some times people just want to be nice and think that they are not upsetting you by being shocked when all you want to do is have a kind of acceptance from them. You dont need their acceptance, you have a beautiful baby who will give you all the acceptance you need. Good luck Klev, I will be supporting you from afar. I am starting again today - am obese 4 st to lose.

Best wishes

Thank you BigJ :) Those are nice words you said about acceptance :) i never looked at it that way!

i need to loose little less than 8 stone....luckely i havent started on my real diet yet and am loosing weight already :)

You're on track already as well :) ill support you too :)

Thank you BigJ :) Those are nice words you said about acceptance :) i never looked at it that way!

i need to loose little less than 8 stone....luckely i havent started on my real diet yet and am loosing weight already :)

You're on track already as well :) ill support you too :)

The only person who needs to accept you is you but I know how you feel. I constantly seek approval from other people, especially my own daughter who is a hypercritical teenager who has now gone to live with her father, she is so embarrased of me. So...lets both go for two stone by Christmas heh? and if we manage 3, as I am sure you will when you start your liquid diet...
best wishes:D

Big J

You're on!! 2 stone by christmas :D

And it's sad your daughter is embaressed of you :( i hope she'll grow over it though, i think i'm lucky my daughter doesnt have a sense of stuff like that yet :)
Though my daughter is a bit high on the growingscale. She's deff not overweight she has just bad luck that her weight curve is one heigher then her lenght curve. So shes a firm baby! Whenever people say something about it i think they sort of say that fat mothers create fat babys (oi the mind of unsecure people)......again i always feel the need to explain myself then! And to defend her! It's weird though, cause she's got the growth patern of her father! he was the same as a baby and now hes as thin as you cant imagine for someone eating that much lol.
I was always small and thin when i was a baby haha :D i hope she looks like him so she wont have to worry about posture :D.

But!! Let;s go towards the 2 stone! :D

You're on!! 2 stone by christmas :D

And it's sad your daughter is embaressed of you :( i hope she'll grow over it though, i think i'm lucky my daughter doesnt have a sense of stuff like that yet :)
Though my daughter is a bit high on the growingscale. She's deff not overweight she has just bad luck that her weight curve is one heigher then her lenght curve. So shes a firm baby! Whenever people say something about it i think they sort of say that fat mothers create fat babys (oi the mind of unsecure people)......again i always feel the need to explain myself then! And to defend her! It's weird though, cause she's got the growth patern of her father! he was the same as a baby and now hes as thin as you cant imagine for someone eating that much lol.
I was always small and thin when i was a baby haha :D i hope she looks like him so she wont have to worry about posture :D.

But!! Let;s go towards the 2 stone! :D
ok but I am not on a liquid diet, I find they are so expensive. I did cambridge diet last year but couldn't keep it up because of the expense. So I expect you to lose lots more than me ;) No pressure:)
So anyway, babies sometimes put on a bit of weight right before a growth spurt. When my daughter was growing up, I used to look at her and think she's getting chubby, then two weeks later she seems to have grown another inch! and doesnt look chubby anymore:jelous:

So on what day do you weigh or havent you started yet?

I havent started on liquid yet :) waiting for aproval from doctor, but have started on beck's diet solution (pshychological programm) and lost 4 kilos (ehm 6,5 lbs??)

I'm shifting my day of weighing a lot ;D actually when i feel like it, so about 2 or 3 times a week :$

Nah my daughter isnt looking chubby for a growthspurt, shes just chubby, her weight curve is a bit over average and her length is on average, so its just out of proportion, but nothing wrong with her, she doesnt eat to much or anything :)

i'm in the middle of moving atm, so i am not responding a lot :( it will be better when i am moved :D

What day do you weigh on?

People being surprised about how heavy I am happens a lot to me. I put it down to two things:

1. Thin people don't ever really think about their weight so they don't have much concept of what different weights look like.

2. Body shape can be deceptive. I have a thin face with a pointy chin which probably confuses other peoples' perception of my actual weight.

I can certainly sympathise. The idea of a 23st woman doesn't seem to compute. I've had an awful lot of people say "Mind you, your height hides it", too. I imagine that being almost 6ft tall means they're all looking at my boobs and just assuming I'm an F-cup instead of just rather portly ;)

Your posts touched me greatly... I wish you all the very best. Never lose sight of your goal... and keep your goal weight reasonable. You'll get there and enjoy all the benefits... aaah those seats which aren't quite big enough and no one wants to sit next to us... those seat belts on airplanes never quite long enough... etc etc...

I found it important to limit the time I spent with certain family and friends.

I could never have lost over 70 pounds without the solid support of my husband and the one friend and two family members who were safe to hang out with (because of what they said and how they said it).

Hang in there. Your dream body will be yours!

Awww I just think you are all so brave for tackling the issues with your obesity! It's such a huge physical and psychological thing to do.

Yes you are right about the acceptance thing, and I have the same that because I'm tall people say I hide it well, etc etc. In reality I think they're just being nice and I know I need to lose more. Even the GP nurse said it to me at the start of this year - I was 16st7, and she was like "eh well you're tall, you hide it really well, I don't think you really need to lose weight". Ahem. Sorry but I did, and still do.

I weigh about 24 stone and have a friend who weighs about 20 stone who wears larger clothes than I do - I've borrowed a few things which fit her, but that swamp me. I've never been able to figure it out.

I do carry my weight well I suppose, but I'd never dream of telling anyone IRL what I weigh

xxx

Hi Klev

I havent started on liquid yet :) waiting for aproval from doctor, but have started on beck's diet solution (pshychological programm) and lost 4 kilos (ehm 6,5 lbs??)

I'm shifting my day of weighing a lot ;D actually when i feel like it, so about 2 or 3 times a week :$

Nah my daughter isnt looking chubby for a growthspurt, shes just chubby, her weight curve is a bit over average and her length is on average, so its just out of proportion, but nothing wrong with her, she doesnt eat to much or anything :)

i'm in the middle of moving atm, so i am not responding a lot :( it will be better when i am moved :D

What day do you weigh on?

Hi Klev
Hope you are moved now. Just thought I would catch up on you. How are you doing? Having been losing so much myself. Been a bit naughty and spoiling but then have a big exam next month, need brain food - taking lots of fish oil, how are you?

Came across this post and the title grabbed me! Really good post i thought. I've tried diets for the last 20+ years only to end up bigger than ever (you can see my stats) so have taken the drastic route of applying for surgery, am in the system now. I think the first thing we all need to do is love ourselves and if we can find a support buddy close to hand that's a bonus.

I wish you all the best in the world and really hope you get all of your hopes and dreams, good luck and don't pressure yourselves with targets and timescales xxx

Hi Klev
Hope you are moved now. Just thought I would catch up on you. How are you doing? Having been losing so much myself. Been a bit naughty and spoiling but then have a big exam next month, need brain food - taking lots of fish oil, how are you?

Yes we are :D luckely!! And i have also had a week of vacation luckely, so i am a little bit less stressed out now.
I have been nibbling about in my vacation, but we were on bikes, so i had loads of movement. I managed to actually loose weight instead of gaining :D
Oh and i get to see the dietist tuesday, so i hope to start on shakes after that.

What sort of exams do you have? They can be stressfull and stress is never good when your on a diet :(

@All the others, thanks for the helpfull posts and sharing your experiences, also thanks for your supports!

Hello, I need to loose 10 stone, like allwho have posted people are suprised if and when I tell them what i weigh, I have type 2 diabetes, so I cant do liquid only diet, I am on slimming world i cant do weight watchers ( i dont know why just dont loose wieght with it)
I have found this forum really supportive and i am thrilled I found it,
I dont sleep well so often read the post's late into the night,
so thanks everyone for keeping me company!!

Yes we are :D luckely!! And i have also had a week of vacation luckely, so i am a little bit less stressed out now.
I have been nibbling about in my vacation, but we were on bikes, so i had loads of movement. I managed to actually loose weight instead of gaining :D
Oh and i get to see the dietist tuesday, so i hope to start on shakes after that.

What sort of exams do you have? They can be stressfull and stress is never good when your on a diet :(

@All the others, thanks for the helpfull posts and sharing your experiences, also thanks for your supports!
Ah Klev

I see you have lost your two stones - congratulations!!:clap:
I'm afraid I fell by the wayside with the exams and all but I have started again today doing Cambridge again:( but should lose at least a stone by Christmas.
Gotta go now, gotta catch up on reading all these posts - will post again soon

Back