you will never be a size 10!!

blossom102

Silver Member
why do people say that to me??
im not talking one person im talking a lot of people,if they know your on a diet and ask what size you would like to be,they always say to me " you wouldnt look right" "your big boned" "you have a large frame"!
its like jog on!! its not for you to tell me what i will or will never be. its my body,and if i want to have a lollipop head on a stick body i will! im not saying its in a nasty way. but it just annoys the hell out of me when i work so hard towards a target i will "not look right at" or "will never be able to achieve" so people tell me! grrr does anyone else get this?Xx

Last edited:
You can. And I can as well. We just need to be 100%ers and do exercise to burn cals and create muscle tone.

2012 is our year. They just don't know anything!! xx

Yes, I've lost 4 stone since May and feel great - but my BMI is still 25.6 and I weigh 12st 3lb which is at least 1 stone more than I should for 5' 8" but all my work colleagues say I should stop now or I will look haggard! I work full time have had three sons (all now grown up) and a hubby of 33 years I don't think me looking haggard is down to weight loss!!

I am ignoring them at the moment and will get stuck in to shifting the final stone in the New Year, I am sure I will know when to stop, my love of food has not gone away so I know I will never be able to maintain a really low weight.

have you always been on the bigger side? I just wonder if people get used to seeing you a certain way and can't imagine what you'd look like another way...

I want to be an 8-10 but members of my family say I'd look too skinny then or that I could never be that size. I got down to a 12 a couple of years back and still had a bit of a belly so I know a 10 is doable I guess when you've been big for a while people get used to it.

I've had that too in the past - a well meaning work colleague said I wouldn't 'look right' if I lost weight. She was sweet and well meaning but I think a lot of these comments are sometimes down to jealousy. I had a friend who lost 7 stones and looked fantastic but who just needed to lose a little bit more. So called friends told her she would look 'haggered' if she lost any more weight. It's not up to anyone else. I've had the big boned thing too in the past - but years ago I did get down to a size 10 so I know that's rubbish! Take no notice of anyone who is less than 100% positive about what you're doing xx

Well do you know what Blossom22, yes you can, just you go out there and prove them all wrong! How fantastic will you feel then!! x

I hate this they ask you about your weight loss as if they're actually interested only to come out with some negative comment. Like they can't just say 'well done' and leave it at that.

I have a friend who tells me I look far too skinny, like a rake and that if I lose any more I'll look ill. I wouldn't mind but I'm pushing 12 stone with an overweight BMI and struggling to zip up my size 16 jeans so I just don't think so!

I have a very skinny friend who's always moaning that she's gone up a size.... Now a 10! But she's so supportive, the only bad thing she says is that my clothes are far too big!
But another one is a bit, yeah well you were never that slim...she's known me over 20 years and we were once the same size! Mind you she's realised she's had an issue with weight for years. But it's like even when I get to where I was at my slimmest she'll say I was fat! Grrrr

I have a friend who always says that " oh, your bottom has become so large" when I gain some weight and " you look ill, your legs are too skinny"when i lose some... We shouldn't pay any attention to such words...

When I told my friend I wanted to get down to around 9st and into a size ten, she scoffed, telling me I'd look far too skinny, and "sick" at 9st. What she doesn't realise is, the lowest weight I can go to without being "under-weight" is 7st 11lb. So 9st is perfectly fine, for me, at 5'2".

When I get into a size ten, or to 9st, I'll look her in the eye and ask her exactly how ill I look, and then laugh in her face lol

have you always been on the bigger side? I just wonder if people get used to seeing you a certain way and can't imagine what you'd look like another way...

I want to be an 8-10 but members of my family say I'd look too skinny then or that I could never be that size. I got down to a 12 a couple of years back and still had a bit of a belly so I know a 10 is doable I guess when you've been big for a while people get used to it.

iv never been bigger than a size 16,and that was my biggest.im a 14 now,but have always hovered between 12,14,16. i do carry my weight quite well because i am 5ft8. dont understand why people feel the need to comment if its negative!!

thanks for everyones messages,you've really made me feel positive and actually so much more determined to get to goal!!! :) xxx

I get that too - 'you've got the perfect hourglass!', yeah i kind of like it but it could do with losing about 4 inches off every bit of the hourglass!!! I think people sometimes say it in a well meaning way - maybe theyre not comfortable talking about weight loss and want to be nice. But yeah, there are those out there who dont want you to succeed too. Stick at it, you know whats right for you x

I have lost 2.5stone and got to target in July of this year after 6 months. A lot of my family and some friends have said I look too thin and gaunt. I feel fab, now a size 12 and they ask if I am still losing. I tell them I am now at target and they tell me I should put on a bit. I dont talk about my weight now unless they speak in a positive way as I found myself trying to defend the fact that I needed to lose weight. Does that make sense?

I've had this said to me so often it's ridiculous, even yesterday I was talking about weight and size of clothes with my sister, in my mind I would like to be about 10 stone, and my sister said 'at ten stone I was a size 10 - really you want to be a size 10 - that's ridiculous!' - I get comments like this all the time and it's so demotivating :(
We will do it, we can achieve anything

anna_vixen said:
I've had this said to me so often it's ridiculous, even yesterday I was talking about weight and size of clothes with my sister, in my mind I would like to be about 10 stone, and my sister said 'at ten stone I was a size 10 - really you want to be a size 10 - that's ridiculous!' - I get comments like this all the time and it's so demotivating :(
We will do it, we can achieve anything

Ask them why? Why can't I be a size ten? Why will I look gaunt? Why will it not suit ME? When it suits so many others?
I think sometimes they're not so much putting you down as letting you off? Giving you an excuse to stop,?

Ignore them, you can do what ever you want to do! I have a long way to go and was told the other day don't lose any more because you won't be you! What rubbish!

This is YOUR journey not anyone else's and YOU choose what weight you want to be. It is not up to people to comment. You do what you want and stuff anyone else xx

This is YOUR journey not anyone else's and YOU choose what weight you want to be. It is not up to people to comment. You do what you want and stuff anyone else xx

So true!!xx

Back