You you realise just HOW important these boards are?! PLEASE READ!!!!

TTey68

I hope people realise just how important these boards are. I am on day 5 of the CD. In brief and in desperation I bought 8 weeks supply from Ebay. I then found these boards (and now know that was not the thing to do.. but it was done) so reading about SS, and AAMW and other stuff I was clueless on, I did as I was advised and rang a CDC.

Well to give her her dues -- she was at the most honest. It was patently clear she does not (and maybe had not in many a few years...) partake in CD. This was confirmed when I asked if she was 'on' in. ".. oh no dear, I dont need these rubbish - I just sell it.." and was then enlightened into her very healthy income from selling it. What I novel idea - the CD being sold by someone who, in the politess way, should be practicng what she is preaching. (imagine walking into Weight Watchers and someone like Jo Brand/ Vanessa Feltz is taking the class and preachimg on weight loss....)

So bit of a downer number 1, no real visual incentive. Downer No.2 when I was advised I might get constipated, I in turn advised her far from constipation I had in fact got the 'runs' (bright yellow too). Was told that was probably my ventolin inhaler causing that (I read on here it was likely to be the concentrate if the vitamins and mineals...), On my own accord I have been supping extra water so as not to dehydrate. I was then given the hard sell on the fibre powder which '.. is designed to make you go..' (hello just told you I have the opposite problem!) followed by ".. but it also binds you too..'

Seems I dont have the best CDC and at the extra £5+ is it worth staying or do I buy from Ebay (bearing in mind I purchased another 2 weeks supply)

Anyway. I just really want people to know - people (like me) lurke and read the posts and they do help immensly. I have had company this weekend. Day 2 of SS I had to do the weekly shop plus extra for the company I was having, Day 3 SS I cooked a roasted vegetable lasagne for everyone, Day 4 SS Cooked a cauliflower cheese (I am the CC queen!) Hubby did the rest of the dinner, and he had also done their cooked breakfast and dinner that day too. Day 5 SS (today) I cooked everyone scrambled eggs, mushrooms served with smoked salmon and a bagel. My 3 year old back from a weekend away and there are 10+ easter eggs/choc kind of fayre sat here.

Mini slap on the back to me - I know its only day 5 but by god to have got through these 5 days with all this tempatation has amazed me and quite frankly those around me. Not ONCE have I been tempted to sneak ANYTHING into my mouth which isnt a shake or isnt water. Whilst I am not hungry, food is on my mind all the time and (cant believe I am about to type this but...) roll on Tuesday and back to work a distraction form everything!

So thank you to ALL those who post, your stories and pictures are a true inspiration.

TT Xx

Hi TT well done to getting to day 5 with hardly any support have you looked on cambridge website to see if theres any one else in your area where do you live ??? cant believe the response from the cdc thats appalling stick with us here were a great bunch and everyone is soooo supportivexxxxx

btw never heard of inhaler giving you the runs im on inhalers and never thought the prob was to do with them

prev did post but dunno where it went how annoying so ill start again
TT well done on getting to day 5 without hardly any support cant believe your cdc said those things to you where do you live ??? maybe theres another one near you thats more supportive if you look on cd website never been told that about the poo and the inhaler i take salbutalmol and was like this at the beginning but its your body ajusting as it cleared up stay on here everyone is sooo supportive and always come up with new ideas and help you out in a sticky situation

good luck with your journey how much you want to lose ???

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi TT,

I think you will find that CDC's like yours are few and far between now a days and Cambridge Diet are doing their best to solve this problem of CDC's and have taken steps so that all CDC's in future have to renew their contract otherwise they can not continue.

So I guess if you complain to Cambridge Head Office they will deal with this issue.

Cambridge Diet find a counsellor

Losing weight is such an emotional journey that the least you can expect is support from your CDC and if that is forthcoming you should change to another CDC as the majority out there are very committed.

You certainly do deserve a pat on the back:patback: for doing so well and getting five days done. It shows your determination to do this.

Love Mini xxx

Well done and I have to say that your CDC was DISGRACEFUL and should be reported to Cambridge as that is not what it's all about at all!!!

You were very unlucky with your choice of CDC but stick to the diet .. it really does work if you follow it right!!

Well done on the resolve too .. it will be worth it at your weigh in ..

Keep posting and reading .. it kept me sane and out of the kichen!!!

Looks like we posted at the same time Mini!!

whats going on my original post is back and the other one has disappeared ?????

Hi TT, Your first experience of CD is not what you needed when you are starting this journey in to weight loss. Please seriously think about swapping counsellors, my first cdc was appalling, and whilst nervous of getting anyones back up, I swapped and it was the best thing I ever did, I have since found out that there has been a few official complaints about my first one and CD took great action.

Please do not buy from Ebay, there are some unscrupulous people out there who do not sell official items, and really you do not know what you are getting, the UK version is also different to european and US versions and they all have different guidelines. You need to make sure you are getting the right thing that you are buying, and the only way you can do that is from a registered CDC. here are loads of new CDCs popping up now, and you can ring them for any ones that arent listed on the website. The last thing you need is buying fake packs too.

On the plus side, WOW, you are doing FAB!!! Well done, that cooking sounds divine and you abstained!! I didnt cook for weeks!

ALso with regards to the toilet situation, I have the delightful experience that you had, it cleared up after a day though so dont worry!

If you want to PM me your area I will see if there is a CDC that is also a MINIMINS member or someone who can recommened a good one!

Hang on, Im gonna merge these threads together, looks like a new thread was posted, instead of a reply x

imagine walking into Weight Watchers and someone like Jo Brand/ Vanessa Feltz is taking the class and preachimg on weight loss

I think that's quite offensive to be honest. I have been to many sw and ww classes where the leader is a size 18+ and I and other class members have felt comfortable knowing that they are going through the same weight loss hell as we are. My cdc is a size 20'ish and I think that makes her human. She knows that cd works and is happy to say how the weight will pile back on if you return to your old eating habits. Sometimes larger ladies have far more expertise in weight loss than someone who happens to be a size 8/10. I went to a sw class about 5 years ago and the leader told me that she did it for the money and that she had never been over a size 8. She went to Asda and bought a pair of size 20 jeans and told the class that they were hers before she'd lost her weight. It goes on in lots of slimming clubs.

Well done on going to a cdc, ebay can be pretty dodgy. Like everyone else said though, i'd def look for another counsellor. You have to feel comfortable with the person weighing you, after all they are your lifeline (apart from everyone on here :) ) throughout your weightloss journey.

Good luck

Helen

Hey TT - dearie me....not having the best time with your CDC.....I'd be changing too to be honest. Well done on the 5 days!! hopefully (fingers crossed) you should be over the worst by now!

Frumpster - I get what you are saying, you can be a fantastic CDC if you are large - its not primarily about that, it's about the motivation, support and knowledge - but from a purely visual aspect it's not the best inspiration when you are trying to loose weight and have no idea if this craxy diet works...........

I don't think TT was trying to be offensive or nasty....think she was simply pointing out that some people do not practice what they preach. Fact.

I think that's quite offensive to be honest. I have been to many sw and ww classes where the leader is a size 18+ and I and other class members have felt comfortable knowing that they are going through the same weight loss hell as we are. My cdc is a size 20'ish and I think that makes her human. She knows that cd works and is happy to say how the weight will pile back on if you return to your old eating habits. Sometimes larger ladies have far more expertise in weight loss than someone who happens to be a size 8/10. I went to a sw class about 5 years ago and the leader told me that she did it for the money and that she had never been over a size 8. She went to Asda and bought a pair of size 20 jeans and told the class that they were hers before she'd lost her weight. It goes on in lots of slimming clubs.

Well done on going to a cdc, ebay can be pretty dodgy. Like everyone else said though, i'd def look for another counsellor. You have to feel comfortable with the person weighing you, after all they are your lifeline (apart from everyone on here :) ) throughout your weightloss journey.

Good luck

Helen

My comment wasnt supposed to be offensive - but when you have the best part of 10st to loose and your CDC looks like she has the best part of a good 3stone + to loose AND she has admitted she doesn't use that 'rubbish'.... what does that advertise? She also led me to believe that a CDC HAS to be a certain BMI (correct me if i'm wrong but think she said 25?) My point is... IF this is indeed correct why is no-one monitoring her? She fully and openly admitted she does this for the income. How does that look to someone who needs help along this journey? She told me my inhalers were probably causing my diareahh. Poppycock. Know from reading the boards what had caused it. I too have been to WW in the past.. and when you walked in the 3 clerks were big girls... which did make someone someone big on their first visit comfortable - but months down the line and they aren't loosing weight - what does that advocate exactly?

My councilling consisted of being given 2 booklets, having my weight taken and told to do SS for 4 weeks and AAMW for the 5th week until you get down to 11st 2lb - you will find details in the booklet, paying for 2 weeks supply and dodging a hard sell on Fibre. NOw I am open to making an apology if this is all I SHOULD have had from an overweight counciller who doesnt use this rubbish?

I really do struggle to see how you found one part of the posting offensive, and feel saddened one part of my whole experience has been picked out and the whole posting experience not really taken into account.

Again I ask has the dieting industry really become so greedy it doesnt monitor those offciated to sell their weight loss products?

My problem now is this CDC is the only one who covers my area and infact to be fair, she lives 48 miles away. I might look uo and down the county and see if there is anyone else who might nbe willing to council me / have me go to them.

Thank you all for your comments and I do apologise if anyone takes offense.

TT (sorry for any typos its late!) xx

I don't think your post was offensive, TT, as I can understand you being annoyed at your CDC!
I agree with Frumpster to a certain extent, as you don't need to be slim to understand the diet and what it's like to be on a weight loss journey. In fact, as has been said, i'd prefer a CDC who is overweight and is, or has been, trying to lose it on cd, than someone who has never been fat and is simply doing it for the money. Obviously though, the best of both worlds is a CDC who has used the diet to lose their weight and is now maintaining. I do think this helps clients with inspiration and reassurance that they will be able to keep the weight off.

Potential CDCs now have to have a BMI of 28 or under to train. However, when I started the ball rolling to become a CDC, two years ago, the BMI rule wasn't there at all (although, I would've qualified by then if it had been), so anyone who's been doing the job for a while wouldn't have been privy to these restrictions. Also, you don't have to actually maintain a BMI to retain your counsellor status, as there are no checks in place for this.

Regardless of her being overweight, I think your counsellor's attitude is atrocious. How she can get and keep clients by saying stuff like, "I dont need these rubbish - I just sell it", I don't know! Having lost five and a half stone on cd, i'm passionate about it's benefits, and i'm sure my belief in the diet plays a part in helping my clients to believe in it too. I know that at least some of them see my loss and maintainance as an inspiration, and if that helps anyone to lose weight then i'm happy. :)

Not all CDCs are on the website, so if you ring Cambridge you may find another one who lives nearby.

Good luck!

Jo x

Hi TT

I didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry if that's happened.

I understood every part of your post and sympathised with your ordeal with your cdc. I just didn't grasp your comment regarding your cdc's weight. If she's calling the diet rubbish, then she should be reported, you are paying good money for her service (it's the support as well as the packs).

Your comment about the dieting industry is spot on too. My cousins mate is a sw consultant. She weighs 19 stone, doesn't follow the diet. She paid £3,500 for the franchise and gets 45% of takings!!! sw get the other 55% (obviously that's the benefit to running franchises, but it is all about the £'s)

My cdc has a pic of herself when she was much bigger than she is now. I see that as visually inspiring.

I wasn't saying that your post was offensive, just that I took offence at the weight comment. I have struggled with my weight for 15 years both physically and pyschologically. It takes every ounce of grit to walk out of the front door some days as I feel people will be looking at me and laughing at me. I try to tell myself that people don't just judge you by your weight, so it probably makes me more sensitive to weight related comments.

Again, i'm sorry if I upset you, that wasn't my aim.

I hope you manage to sort out your cdc problem.

Helen.x.

Hi I would definately change cdc`s if she does not make you feel comfortable and confident in being able to talk to her. This weight loss journey is an emotional time and you need the best support you can get.

Good luck

Not offended :)

Not offended Helen - in fact had my CDC been a bigger woman who WAS on her CD journey, would not have had any issues with it at all. As I said in my 1st post have to hand it to her for her honesty and the fact she is doing this for the money! (£35klast year she said)

Xx

As I said in my 1st post have to hand it to her for her honesty and the fact she is doing this for the money! (£35klast year she said)

Xx

Blimey, I must be in the wrong job. What better incentive to lose the weight, than to become a CDC.

Seriously though, I gather from the boards and also my own CDC that is a labour of love as much as anything. Plus my CDC said it wouldn't be her second job, if she could make that much!!

Back