Your Cambridge History

Wobbly71

Silver Member
Hi everyone

I am just wanting to know out of everyone on here what is your history with cambridge diet.

What I mean is how many times have you started the diet.

What is your success.

Is it your first time.

Did you put weight back on.

General details really.

All it is I am trying to convince myself I can do it again but I have tried about 50 times.

Only success was 5 weeks and 2 stone off but put 3 stone back on within a couple of months.

Any stories would be great, good or bad x x

i lost 8 stone 3 years ago and put 8 back on but was my fault did not follow maintenance.

been back on it 4 weeks lost 2 stone 2 pounds

I lost 3stones 3years ago got pregnant will my gorgeous little boy, and piled on 5stones:eek: came back last year and lost 1st and now am back lose the remaning 4st. so far i have lost 2stones in 6weeks.

I started it last November but my partner was rushed to hospital and ended up in intensive care so food wasn't really a priority. Also, since he was in such a bad way they have open visiting hours so I'd be there all day and couldn't plug my blender in ;) haha! I had no energy to focus on a diet all I did was go to the hospital and sleep (and was occasionally force fed something vaguely healthy by my parents).

Decided to give it a really good go this time though :D

Started cambridge diet in 2007 i think it was.
weighed in at almost 21stone and felt the lowest and saddest time of my life.
lost almost 5 stones on SS and felt great.
came of it to have a major operation and never did get back in to it.
gained about 2 stones so decided to give it another go in 2010 but i just couldn`t do it, it was a very bad time in my life, going through divorce and my head couldn`t get into the zone.
gained more weight then at xmas had lots of pics taken and it`s the pics of me that gave me the kick up the arse to do something about my weight.
started SS+ 8 weeks ago and can honestly say my head is there, i am determined to shift me weight.
weighed in at 18st 7lbs and thought this is it girl you either do this now or stay fat and more than likely get fatter due to my bad eating habits
it`s bloody hard some days and i`ve shed many a tear over food but when i wake up the next day and think yes i did it i conquered another day, that feels good.
it`s all in the head and staying strong.
if you really want to do this you will, i can only describe it as desperation for me, if another diet worked i would do it because CD is hard but the results are amazing.
to those who struggle you are not alone, we all do, just keep posting on here, when you feel the need to eat something you shouldn`t be eating, take yourself off and do something, either come on here, play a game, have a bath, go for a walk, anything to keep you from cheating.
good luck everyone you can do this :D

kaz :)

I have beeon on Cambridge before - lost 3st but did not change lifestyle significantly - played with restarts a few times over the last couple of years!

Got to make some changes!

Hi this is my second proper restart. Did it last year May-Aug for 18 weeks and lost 6 stone 1lb. Came off mucked about withSW. Then 2 attempted restarts on Cd for 2 weeks then 3 weeks was eating and cheating wasting my money. Went bonkers over christmas and in essence put 3 stone 5lbs on since the August. This restart Feb 2012 lost 2 stone 4lbs in 5 weeks determined to shift this excess.

Back