Your CDC

chele80

On a mission
Hi everyone,

I am hoping you can help provide some answers to the below questions.

I want to become a CDC and am just working a few things out, so your answers will really help me.

1. What day and time do you have your WI?
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why?
3. What days does your CDC work?
4. What times does your CDC offer?
5. What's the best thing about your CDC?
6. Do they offer you any incentives?
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they?
8. Where does your appointment take place?
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere?
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist?
11. Did they take a start photo?
12. Any other information you can give me?

I have a 10 month old and will work part time but obviously want to be as flexible as possible with my clients. I do at some point hope to be pregnant and once I have a newborn am not sure what I'll do the first couple of months. If your CDC has had a baby recently (am sure I've read one of you has) what do you do, have you swapped CDCs?

Thanks everyone!
xxx

Hi everyone,

I want to become a CDC and am just working a few things out, so your answers will really help me.

1. What day and time do you have your WI? I have 5.30pm
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why? Because she doesn't drive so I go to her house, she also has her whole room set out for cd.
3. What days does your CDC work? Mon-fri
4. What times does your CDC offer? 7am-9pm
5. What's the best thing about your CDC? She has all the infomation, even cd carry bags lol. She's very friendly and you can have a laugh with her
6. Do they offer you any incentives? Yeah a star reward thing after 9 times you get a fiver off.
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they? She has a boy aged 13
8. Where does your appointment take place? Her house
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere? All lined up in the room so youcan choose ur own
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist? All
11. Did they take a start photo? Nope
12. Any other information you can give me? Cant think ATM :)

1. What day and time do you have your WI? Tuesday at about 0915 after the school run
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why? I go to hers - all that has ever been offered
3. What days does your CDC work? Mon-Fri as far as I am aware
4. What times does your CDC offer? not sure
5. What's the best thing about your CDC? understanding
6. Do they offer you any incentives? Nope
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they? Nope
8. Where does your appointment take place? Her dining room
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere?Fetch from elsewhere - I email or text through what I want the day before to save time - she then has it all ready
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist? All every 2 weeks (or more if I ask
11. Did they take a start photo? Nope
12. Any other information you can give me? Would have been nice to have been offered the start photo and given the option of photos with a reason why. The only thing I haven't liked is she doesn't agree with me about my goal weight - she wants me a stone heavier at a BMI of 25 - I want a BMI of 23. She tries to tell me that she is smaller than me and looks too skinny a stone lighter than I want to be so I will therefore look to skinny at my preferred weight.

Hope this helps and good luck

1. What day and time do you have your WI? Tuesdays or Thursdays around 4.30pm
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why? My CDC has a room above a hairdressers... all very professional.
3. What days does your CDC work? Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
4. What times does your CDC offer? Day times and early evenings on the days above
5. What's the best thing about your CDC? She is fantastic, very professional, doesn't judge when I have had a slip, if I have a night out planned she will work with me to decide what to eat.
6. Do they offer you any incentives? No
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they? No
8. Where does your appointment take place? Room above the hairdressers. Lovely environment. Dedicated room with couch for discussions, scales etc. Scales never move (I had a friend whose CDC used to move the scales about the room and they were never consistent)
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere? She has a cupboard with all of the stock in.
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist? All my measurements.
11. Did they take a start photo? Yes, but never again.

Good luck, hope all goes well for you.

1. What day and time do you have your WI? Sundays at 7pm
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why? Her hse
3. What days does your CDC work? Any day, she fits it around you
4. What times does your CDC offer? Any, she fits it around you
5. What's the best thing about your CDC? She is always on hand, dont rush appointments and is totally understanding and supportive.
6. Do they offer you any incentives? Yes, a stamp card..tho im not sure what i get lol
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they? 3 aged 7-12 yrs
8. Where does your appointment take place? in her kitchen/diner
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere? in the room but in a cupboard, she gets out what i ask for.
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist? All either wkly, 2 wkly or when ever you want.
11. Did they take a start photo? No
12. Any other information you can give me? Id love to be in touch with other CDers in my area, like a wkly meeting would be fab but i guess we sacrifice that for lower costs. its only that i did LL b4 and i found my meetings with others totally invaluable! just a thought lol

HTH and good luck with becoming CDC :)

Hey I have also been thinking about this , I would love to do my CDC training and think I will , but will have to wait till my LO is at school ! she starts pre school in sept 2 days a week , so may look at starting in 12 months , then I can work 2 mornings and when she is 3 she will go up to 5 .. so could work more , you could put your LO in nursery a few days a week whist you set up business ......

1. What day and time do you have your WI? monday at 9.30 am
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why?her house , dont think she does home calls routinely
3. What days does your CDC work?she is very flexible and works most days , she has let me pop over at a weekend when I have needed to
4. What times does your CDC offer?whatever suits you , within reason
5. What's the best thing about your CDC?she is very supportive , txts me a few times a week to see how i am doing , she is realistic and very very knoweldgable . She lost 4-5 stone 2 years ago and keeps it off , she makes me want to do well
6. Do they offer you any incentives?apart from loosing lots of weight , no !!
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they?she has children at primary school
8. Where does your appointment take place?she has an office in her house
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere?she has a big cupboard in the office
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist?she has only taken my measurements when i first started
11. Did they take a start photo?no

1. What day and time do you have your WI? ANYTIME AS WE BOTH WORK SHIFT WORK
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why? I GO TO HER, I DNT THINK SHE DOES HOME VISITS.
3. What days does your CDC work? EVERYDAY
4. What times does your CDC offer? ANYTIME
5. What's the best thing about your CDC? SHE ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT HELPING AND NOT JUST THE MONEY
6. Do they offer you any incentives? NOT SURE
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they? SHE DOES BUT I DONT KNOW HOW MANY
8. Where does your appointment take place? AT HER HOUSE IN A ROOM THAT HAS ALL CAMBRIDGE STUFF
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere? NO ALL IN THAT ROOM
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist? ALL OF THEM
11. Did they take a start photo? YES

determinator said:
Hey I have also been thinking about this , I would love to do my CDC training and think I will , but will have to wait till my LO is at school ! she starts pre school in sept 2 days a week , so may look at starting in 12 months , then I can work 2 mornings and when she is 3 she will go up to 5 .. so could work more , you could put your LO in nursery a few days a week whist you set up business ......

My mum says she can have him a few afternoons a week, or nursery was my other thinking. I am thinking of doing Wednesday 1pm-8pm and Saturday 10am-3pm.
But just batting a few ideas around while I figure out what my target audience want hence all the questions

You'd make a fab CDC!!

I've not mentioned it to my CDC yet. I'm worried she'll think I'm crazy or just not suited to it or just see me as competition as I only live 3 miles from her
X

Hi Chele!

1. What day and time do you have your WI? I have my WI on a Monday morning at 9am. I am off work on a Monday/Tuesday so it has to be one of those days for me.
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why? One week I go to her, one week she comes to me. I requested this as she lives 20 miles away and I couldn't afford the petrol each week. I don't think she offers it unless you ask.
She works Monday to Friday, but will do a weekend weigh-in under special circumstances.
I think she's fairly flexible.
Nothing (I don't like mine, more on this later...)
No, but this would be VERY welcome. I know someone who get 5 pounds off her order when she reaches each stone loss.
Yes, 2 years old. He is at nursery/with father upstairs during appointmetns
In CDC's living/dining room. This is handy for me as my children play with her son's toys.
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere?
She goes and gets them from a room upstairs. I usually take a sheet with what I want written out on it.
All, each week
Yes, but only 'cos I asked. I would like her to take regular photos, but the first one she took was pants, so won't be asking again.
I don't like my CDC. She has said some inappropriate things and now I don't like when she pretends to be my best friend - 'cos I don't really like her, I just want to weigh and go. She only lost about 2 stone on the diet, and I don't feel that she has a good empathy or understanding with people who have a lot to lose. I feel a bit cheated that I give all this money to someone each week who doesn't give me the support I feel I need - but I don't ask for it, 'cos I don't feel she's qualified to give it. She never texts or emails - she did once in week one when it was around day 5, but it was all text speak and fairly illegible which I didn't think was very professional.
She offered me the chance to go in the magazine if I get to goal, but tbh I don't want to as I'd have to say how fantastic she's been and she really hasn't.
I honestly just put up with her as she's the only one in my area, and I know I won't have to see her forever.
I also think she should offer incentives.
I sound really miserable and honestly if you knew me, you'd know I like most people - but this woman really grates on me.

I hope this helps, good luck.

Xxx

Mine sounds a little different.....

1. What day and time do you have your WI? Wednesday 6.30pm
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why? Her house. The only option offered
3. What days does your CDC work? Wednesday and Thursday 6.30-8.30pm stop in clinic. She does appointments before and after for new starters or people who are having problems
4. What times does your CDC offer? As above. She also does emergency appointments if she is home
5. What's the best thing about your CDC? Enthusiastic about the diet. Has done the diet so can offer practical advice
6. Do they offer you any incentives? Free magazine
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they? Older (left home)
8. Where does your appointment take place? Her front room
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere? On a cabinet in the corner of the room
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist? Bust, hips, waist in week 1. Then waist once a fortnight.
11. Did they take a start photo? No not offered

I love the drop in sessions as I get to meet other on the diet, and is a flexible time rather than a particular appointment. Usually her husband helps out. He does the product whilst we weighs measures the next person. He is very enthusiastic but his presence makes it a bit hard for me to talk about TOTM and things that might be affecting my weightloss.
Not sure what it'll be, but she has promised me a spa treat once I hit 12st (4.5st loss) which was nice of her.

1. What day and time do you have your WI? Thursdays at 10am
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why? I go to her; she does not visit peoples houses as the area she covers is not densely populated and she would spend a fortune on petrol. I wouldn't really expect a CDC to come to me except in an emergency.
3. What days does your CDC work? She has never told me she is unavailable at any time. She has always tried to accommodate me as much as possible (this is helped by the fact that she can be flexible with her work start times).
4. What times does your CDC offer? As above.
5. What's the best thing about your CDC? She is very solution focused; if I have had a binge/blip she tries to work with me to find out why.
6. Do they offer you any incentives? No
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they? No
8. Where does your appointment take place? Her dining room (or at her work office but she can only give me 15 minutes or so if I choose to go there.)
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere? At home she keeps all her stock in her office/spare room and we go choose together. If I see her at her place of work I have to tell her in advance what to bring.
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist? All measurements (bust, waist & hip)
11. Did they take a start photo? Yes and takes them on average every stone-stone 1/2
12. Any other information you can give me? my CDC has experience in addictions counseling which I have found personally very helpful.

Hi everyone,

1. What day and time do you have your WI? It will 9:30 on Monday from now on.
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why? I go to her, but she would come to me for 5 pounds extra.
3. What days does your CDC work? Note Sure. She probably tries to stick to weekdays.
4. What times does your CDC offer? She prefers days, but is very flexible.
She has a very open and honest disposition and is very organised and committed.
Yes, many of her clients mentioned that they wished CD had a group support element, and she just started having a once a month open house meeting... so that you can meet and greet other people doing CD with her. Bring a friend to learn about it. And, they may start having little presentations, etc. It is a new thing, so it is work in progress.

As a part of this gathering -- you were offered the chance to Be Weighed Privately and then entered into the "Biggest Loser". Whoever lost the most weight between that meeting and next would recieve a week's worth of CD products Free (or something like that).
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they? She has two: One in reception and the other in playschool (5 and 2, I think).
8. Where does your appointment take place? Her livingroom.
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere? She has them in the utility area neatly arranged on a shelving unit.
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist? All.
11. Did they take a start photo? No.
12. Any other information you can give me? She is very organised and knows a lot about the products, but if you ask a question she does not know the answer to -- she says so, and then finds the answer for you.

She is quick to follow up any email or call. She is very good about exhanging products you do not care for -- and is not judgemental at all.

I have a 10 month old and will work part time but obviously want to be as flexible as possible with my clients. I do at some point hope to be pregnant and once I have a newborn am not sure what I'll do the first couple of months. If your CDC has had a baby recently (am sure I've read one of you has) what do you do, have you swapped CDCs?

1. What day and time do you have your WI? Wednesday 09:30
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why? I go to hers, not really sure why, I didn't ask as I just figured this was normal, but she does have a lovely house with her own nice cosy office where everything is kept so it's nice :)
3. What days does your CDC work? I don't know - I've never been told to call back another day or anything so I guess every day?
4. What times does your CDC offer? As above
5. What's the best thing about your CDC? She is very honest and understanding
6. Do they offer you any incentives? Just weight loss - the most important thing really!
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they? I don't think so - haven't seen any anyway
8. Where does your appointment take place? In her office
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere? They are all in the office on a big bookshelf thing
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist? Just waist
11. Did they take a start photo? No, but I wish she had offered (I did try and make a subtle hint - "ooh yes a before photo is a great idea, I think I'll do one of those when I get home!!")

Happy to answer your questions love. :)

1. What day and time do you have your WI? Night time at about 7:30pm
2. Do you go to your CDC's house or do they come to you/why? i go to her, but she has dropped products off to my house before. :)
3. What days does your CDC work? as far as i know most days
4. What times does your CDC offer? when ever is convinient to me... i work long hours and cant get to her any earlier...
5. What's the best thing about your CDC? she is friendly, caring and really approachable.
6. Do they offer you any incentives? no.
7. Does your CDC have young children and how old are they? she doesnt have young children, but she has a teenager.
8. Where does your appointment take place? in her office/ treatment room (as she does chiropody-podiatry)
9. Are all the food packs in that room-or do they have to go and fetch them from elsewhere? they are all in the room. (previous cdc have had them in another room.)
10. Does your CDC take all your measurements or just waist? i take my measurements, and give them to her. :)
11. Did they take a start photo? no
12. Any other information you can give me? not really. but good luck :)

9.30am on a wednesday or a thursday
her home, thats what she does
she likes al her clients to come on the same day so im expected to fit in with what her other clients want
no idea. previously she would have me come in an evening to match up with her other clients, she doesnt work thou, shes home all day every day
shes chatty and will phone cambridge when she doesnt have an answer insted of fudging it
she used to give a free product each week you came, had little cards for it
she has a 10 year old and a 17 year old
her dining room
she has it set up in her dining room
first few weeks she only did waist, now she does them all
yes she asked and took a start pic
i know some times rearranging time and day are unavoidable but try not to make it a regular occurance particulary because youve decided to go out with friends or because theres a group of 3 new cients who have all decided to come together on an evening so your trying to force others to do nights or go 2 weekly too

9am Mondays
her home, she's so full up she can't do out-calls

Monday to Thursday
roughly 9-6 but it's flexible and works around when she picks her son up from school
she's friendly, has a nice house, has all products i'd ever want, and i can text her whenever i want. she's also organised a group of her clients to do Race For Life together (with her of course)
umm only my first visit, she gave me a free shaker if i bought the whisk
a young boy (8ish?)
she has a little room off the kitchen, for it

its all in there

thigh, arm, waist, hip and bust

no

she oversells Cambridge a bit - won't let me use gelatine etc, she's very strict. I think it'd be good to be able to have some flexibility

Back