your favourite day, red, green or extra easy?

SophiaF

I just joined SW after a years long lapse now there is EE I do it all the time. Should I do red days and green days will they boost my weight loss?

Which is your favourite day and why? And which day do you have the best losses on, or doesn't it matter?

:) x

Everyone is different - I did very well with mostly red, others do great on green. Variety is great though - so do feel free to mix it up and try all three! Having a mix of all three can often do the job of tricking your metabolism into not getting sluggish, because it never quite knows what you are going to do next. The joy of this plan is the vast range of options available, so now you are comfortable with EE, give the others a go!

The meat portions are quite small on green and the starch portions small on red. I guess if they are combined all in one pot it doesnt notice as much, like special fried rice?

Anyone got any all in one recipe ideas for green or red days? x

I like green and EE. I don't think I could do red as I don't like much meat and I love carbs!! Can't imagine just eating meat/fish/veg lol but I know people who love the red plan.

I always did green days but now going more for red days as I find best losses on this plan, but like OP everybody is different and different plans will suit some and not others and weight losses will be different... I struggle with EE as I'm old skool SW'er so find mixing the two odd as I've followed red/green days for so long my body is more or less programmed that way now! although I do have the odd day just to mix it up a bit.

Search in the recipes there are some great ideas in there and also looking at other people's food diaries can help give you some new ideas too

Im on week 2 and have done all EE barr one day that was Red. I only do EE atm as I've not had a proper chance to look through everything. I will do in the next week or so and mix it up a bit!

Well the kind of things I love to eat normally include meat and starch

eg
roast dinner
spag bol
chilli
shepherds pie
fish pie
beef stew with potatoes
etc

these are family favourites, and I know I can do swede & carrot mash instead of potatoes, but the kids can always tell that something is amis! Rather than change family favourite recipes I'd like to try new things instead, any ideas for red green days?

x

Everyone is different - I did very well with mostly red, others do great on green. Variety is great though - so do feel free to mix it up and try all three! Having a mix of all three can often do the job of tricking your metabolism into not getting sluggish, because it never quite knows what you are going to do next. The joy of this plan is the vast range of options available, so now you are comfortable with EE, give the others a go!

I love all 3 but as MadameLaMinx suggests I do a mix every week. EE is as its' name suggests and is easy but I do love my cheese so often slip in red and original days and if I am feeling particularly non meaty then I can have cheese as a HEB on green too!

All of the plans work if followed correctly, but by varying them there's less likelihood of getting bored and then hitting the biscuit tin! x

I still have spag bol, chilli, chicken stir fry etc on my green days but I weigh the meat and have it as a hexb then bulk it out with veg. Roast dinner you can do the same, weigh the meat then have sw rosties with fry light and loads of veg.
Also works vice versa on red where you weigh the pasta/potato (not rice though) as your hexb and more meat and veg. I often do red and green as well as ee as I love the extra healthy extras and it only takes tweaks of your ee meals to follow. X

when I do green or red I avoid meat ect. completely. I find that's easy for me as its less to count and I also think if your having fish as a HEB (for example) you might as well just eat more fish and have it as EE as your using that HEB on fish anyway)

I'm old school, I've never even tried E/E. I stick to what I know which is red and green. I have always found I loose more on red but having to do a lot of green at the mo as my cookers packed up so only got a microwave to use lol :)

donna88 said:
when I do green or red I avoid meat ect. completely. I find that's easy for me as its less to count and I also think if your having fish as a HEB (for example) you might as well just eat more fish and have it as EE as your using that HEB on fish anyway)

Yeah I see what you mean but for me the attraction is the double hexa! Milk and cheese :)

Yeah I see what you mean but for me the attraction is the double hexa! Milk and cheese :)

Good point, I like the extra A, but my favourite HEX is B, I love being able to have cereal and bread or cereal for breakfast and then a hifi later :)

It's red all the way for me, only plan I've followed!

Well the kind of things I love to eat normally include meat and starch

eg
roast dinner
spag bol
chilli
shepherds pie
fish pie
beef stew with potatoes
etc

these are family favourites, and I know I can do swede & carrot mash instead of potatoes, but the kids can always tell that something is amis! Rather than change family favourite recipes I'd like to try new things instead, any ideas for red green days?

x

Have ou tried quorn? You could do most of these dishes with quorn or meat substitute and stick to green like me. Plus quorn is extra healthy too. But if you do love your meat then maybe red is better? I havent looked at the red much as i got put off by all the meat. You could maybe try both/all and see what you prefer? x

I seem to lose best on red days and the worst for me is green which is a shame because i love pasta :( I tend to stick with EE because i find im not as hungry can still have my pasta and potatoes but limit them. I also find it much easier when putting meals together, Not having to weigh meat or pasta as a Hex. I do lose a little slower on EE but whilst im following the EE plan it doesnt feel like im dieting at all x

Have ou tried quorn? You could do most of these dishes with quorn or meat substitute and stick to green like me. Plus quorn is extra healthy too. But if you do love your meat then maybe red is better? I havent looked at the red much as i got put off by all the meat. You could maybe try both/all and see what you prefer? x

I forgot about quorn, I used to use that when I did sw before, thanks for reminding me!:thankyou: I did a green day the other day with rainbow trout as a HEXB it was 110g think thats what the portion is? I suppose I remember all the wosrt bits, I know I especially remember cutting my salmon down to the correct size it was the size of a match box :( not cooks matches either lol
@ slimmermummytobe I feel like that too, EE is not even really like a diet eh I feel like itsa real privelidge to lose weigh without feeling deprived of anything. My weight loss is quite slow too

The red and green days make my brain hurt a bit and maybe if this baby ever lets me sleep I might get the brainpower to plan a red or green day soon...in fact...can I run this by you?

So I get 1 extra healthy extra for breastfeeding so thats 5 right?

So is this a green day?:
2 x weetabix from 375ml skimmed allowance HEXA & B (the rest for tea)
Packet pasta with large salad and 1oz cheese 1HEXA
110g trout, umnlimted potatoes and peas 1HEXB
1/2 oz cheese on 1 nimble 1/2 HEXA 1/2 HEXB = 5hexs?

And this is a red day?
egg, 2 x bacon, 2 x 1/2 syn sausages, tomatoes mushrooms 2 x nimble 1HEXB
chicken salad 200g potatoes 1HEXB
shepherds pie with unlimited carrot/swede/celeriac mash FREE
marmite cheese on toast (2 x nimble, 2oz cheese) 1HEXB & 2HEXA = 5 hexs

Is that right? Seems too good to be true. Im sure it was only 3 before when I did it
x

Back