Your Hobbies

I quite fancy geocaching! Do you have to be really good at using maps and stuff? I swear I would get lost on the way home from work if it wasn't a straight road all the way! It just sounds like such a good way to exercise - getting out and about!

Wow, we're a busy and talented bunch on here, aren't we?

I have FAR too many hobbies. I'm a full-time student of literature so I read a lot, both for school and for pleasure, but I have way too many crafty hobbies. I knit, sew, cross stitch, make handpainted cards, make hemp jewellery, beaded belts, beaded embroidery, patchwork quilting, you name it I probably do it. Apart from crochet. For some bizarre and inexplicable reason I can't crochet despite multiple attempts. One day I will master it.

And we foster kittens for the local Humane Society. Kittens make everything better.

No EP, I can't read a map for toffee!! Just need to know where you are going and follow the gps.

A lot are in little circular walks or there are puzzles to solve etc. It's fab :)

Sally_Cinnamon.... kittens !! YAYAYAYAY! I foster bunnies!

Fostering animals is the best! We've had some heartbreaking moments (lost two kittens from the last litter :sigh:) but so totally worth it.

My hobbies are, Cross Stitch, Reading, Knitting, Crosswords & Puzzles, Cookery, Computer, and my family.

Apart from cooking :p -my main hobby has to be x-stitching -Im an addict, and even I don't eat when Im working on one :D
My avatar is one I did yonks ago -Im doing a gorgeous one for me at the moment -but Im just about to put it to one side as Im about to start doing one for my niece for xmas
Anyone who loves x-stich should take a look at the heaven and earth designs -they have some stunners...

Extra Hobbies

Wow, we're a busy and talented bunch on here, aren't we?

I have FAR too many hobbies. I'm a full-time student of literature so I read a lot, both for school and for pleasure, but I have way too many crafty hobbies. I knit, sew, cross stitch, make handpainted cards, make hemp jewellery, beaded belts, beaded embroidery, patchwork quilting, you name it I probably do it. Apart from crochet. For some bizarre and inexplicable reason I can't crochet despite multiple attempts. One day I will master it.

And we foster kittens for the local Humane Society. Kittens make everything better.

I need to find extra hobbies. I just started going back to the gym. I go through phases with reading. I haven't read anything since Xmas. My OH watches a lot of sport you name it. I need to be doing something. I'm not a one for sitting watching tv/films.

There's only so much housework a person can do, without becoming a cleanaholic!

You lot are so crafty!
I have tried to be crafty, but I am not very artsy. I am a very writer, which is one of my biggest hobbies. I write stories and poems. And I also adore reading, the two sort of go hand in hand though, i think.

I also play Roller Derby, which is a fantastic work out for the lower body, and it combines balance, cardio and strength. Sometimes I cannot sit down for days afterwards, haha. But it's worth it.

I also recently happened upon rock climbing! The OH and I went to Alton Towers, and while we were there, had a go on the rock climbing wall they have. Have to admit, I came off shaking and exhilarated. I was the scariest thing in the park! Have to have another go, but the classes are so expensive, and I am a lowly student :(

i love snowboarding! been going to aviemore for a weekends boarding at least once a month since november, caught the last of the snow at the beginning of may there and i'm really gonna miss it till next season, i must be the only person still praying for odd, may/june snowfall lol. god knows what i'm going to replace my board with for the summer.. maybe surfing? :D

I come on Minimins too much - is that a hobby?!

I am a social butterfly, so im always organising something - i quite like planning stuff!!!

I love reading and cookery as well , and recently quite like gardening! x

is it me or does all the different marothon coverage on tv at the min want anyone else wanna go do some running?! my mother in law is doing the nairnshire challenge which is a combined 18 mile cycle and 13 mile run this sunday coming and my sis in law just ran the half edinburgh marathon yesterday, i feel more unfit that ever!!!
gotta hate the fit family.... :D

I love cooking, reading, swimming, am just waiting for the pool to heat up a bit and will be in every day, great for toning up.Collecting antique porcelain. We breed dressage ponies , not for profit, we never sell them, just lease them, an expensive but fascinating hobby. Also am rarely seen out without my camera.

Sue xx.

Back