• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Your opinions please?

Im finding it really hard to stick to my points im totally useless at having one little treat, or one slice of toast etc. I find every day a real challenge and then the weekends are just a disaster - so I was thinking of trying a low carb diet wherby my cravings would be lessened (hopefully) but I would still stick to my points because I like going to meetings getting weighed etc - do you think this is a daft idea or could it work - I suppose it is kinda like my own version of the core plan. Now it would be a mild low carb where all fruit and veg is allowed but avoid bread, rice, chocolate and pasta for a bit to give me a kick start.
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Jo Slim

Silver Member
Hi there,

I think it sounds like a great idea, you have to try different things to see what works best for you.Let us know how you get on:)
I suppose low card is a good idea but in moderation. I try to avoid bread. I do have the odd scone but I just try steer clear from toast of any description! I swear my porridge in the morning. I make it with water in the microwave. When its done I usually throw in some berries and a one point fat free yoghurt. It fills you up for hours! If you are exercising I think it's very important to eat carbs...maybe just try stick with wholegrain? Brown rice is really filling!
While low carb shows results very quickly... the moment u start eating carbs again they also show thier effect really quickly.. ive done atkins in the past and its not healthy. I agree with the lady above. Maybe cut back on ur MAIN BAD CARB and stillhave good carbs like fruit and veg.
My bad carb is pasta, although i find low fat noodles dont make me bloated like full on pasta. I try to avoide this unless there is no other option.