Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Your opinions please?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by shrinkingannie, 21 July 2009 Social URL.

1. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    Im finding it really hard to stick to my points im totally useless at having one little treat, or one slice of toast etc. I find every day a real challenge and then the weekends are just a disaster - so I was thinking of trying a low carb diet wherby my cravings would be lessened (hopefully) but I would still stick to my points because I like going to meetings getting weighed etc - do you think this is a daft idea or could it work - I suppose it is kinda like my own version of the core plan. Now it would be a mild low carb where all fruit and veg is allowed but avoid bread, rice, chocolate and pasta for a bit to give me a kick start.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jo Slim

Jo Slim Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.83%)
    Diet:
    weightwatchers
    Hi there,

I think it sounds like a great idea, you have to try different things to see what works best for you.Let us know how you get on:)

4. lucysmommy

lucysmommy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    sounds good altho i think you would need to try it too see if it would work in the long term

x

5. AllieJ

AllieJ Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.49%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I suppose low card is a good idea but in moderation. I try to avoid bread. I do have the odd scone but I just try steer clear from toast of any description! I swear my porridge in the morning. I make it with water in the microwave. When its done I usually throw in some berries and a one point fat free yoghurt. It fills you up for hours! If you are exercising I think it's very important to eat carbs...maybe just try stick with wholegrain? Brown rice is really filling!

6. sona1980

sona1980 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3.3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.2lb(4.74%)
    Diet:
    All of them!
    While low carb shows results very quickly... the moment u start eating carbs again they also show thier effect really quickly.. ive done atkins in the past and its not healthy. I agree with the lady above. Maybe cut back on ur MAIN BAD CARB and stillhave good carbs like fruit and veg.
    My bad carb is pasta, although i find low fat noodles dont make me bloated like full on pasta. I try to avoide this unless there is no other option.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.