Your other half

Sleepybird
My heart goes out to ya.
Just try to switch yourself off when he's eating, and come on here for the support that you may need.
I hope that after no time, it wont bother you in the slightest as you'll see yourself the way you want to be and that thought, will overpower everything else.
Good luck to ya

bigfella, not for long and you have the support of you wife and your new family on here :)

how are you finding the diet 4 days in?

being completely honest, am finding it a piece of p**s!
I guess, mentally, im in a place where I needed to be and have that feeling that nothing is gonna stop me from getting where I want to be.
I know that I may have a bad day or 3, if I do, then I'll be on here opening my heart to you and all.
How you doing?

Berryred...thank you!
He is a great bloke and i know he loves me as i am but its not enough if you aren't happy in your own skin..and chins!
I know im not the first to say this but this forum really is great. Having so many like minded people going through the same experience really helps and so does the support.
I had a car accident a month ago at work and was off work for a month and with all the xmas goodies about, i just sat and pigged and pigged. I have often thought that i have an eating problem, not a media recognised one like Anorexia or Bullimia but that i just would binge for no reason and then keep stuffing food in my mouth, even though i wasn't hungry. Having read the comments about emotional eating and comfort eating, i see im not alone and im determined to change my whole attitude around food. Hubby eats what he wants and isnt overweight and im doing my best to give my daughter healthy choices. Unfortunately she is going through a picky phase and now doesn't seem to like all of the foods she liked only last week?
Love em! xx

being completely honest, am finding it a piece of p**s!
I guess, mentally, im in a place where I needed to be and have that feeling that nothing is gonna stop me from getting where I want to be.
I know that I may have a bad day or 3, if I do, then I'll be on here opening my heart to you and all.
How you doing?

I am in the zone:8855: hands big fish little fish around my head style! Finding it great, I am not hungry and completely focused on my end goal! so glad I found this forum, a god send!!

sleepybird, sorry to here about your accident hun, hope your okay from it.

Forget and what has been done food wise and think of the new slim you.

I laughed my socks of at the own skin and chins bit lol sounds like something I say haha

Kids have a habit of that!! how old is she?

Berry, know the feeling, feel so determined this time. Having done this before, i know it works and it helps to know that it works doing it again...if that makes sense!
BTW, im in deepest darkest Lincs too!
Come on the yellowbellies!

She is 8 and like a beanpole. I never want her to go through the whole food love/hate relationship that i have had from being a teenager. Fingers crossed, she wont.
I keep my neurotic thoughts to myself, never moan that im fat in front of her or weigh myself in front of her. Id never forgive myself if she picked up food issues from me :(

My guys not been too bad, but I do get the hint that he can be a little bit resentful as dinners out are a no no at the moment.

sleepbird, so hard! my son nearly 7 and not at all bothered, but daughter 4 has asked why I am not eating with them, that for me has to be the hardest bit

Think of the extra years we can have with them because we are a healthy weight :)

My guys not been too bad, but I do get the hint that he can be a little bit resentful as dinners out are a no no at the moment.

save the money:D, each time he moans put it aside then buy yourself nice clothes and say see! this is why we haven't been out:8855:

Hubby just informed me he popping out for a kebab. Great! Think it might be time to head off to bed then!!!

Good thread. My OH is supportive, he has said that he will try to eat whilst I'm not around, which won't be too hard as I work shifts and many end around 10pm :D I have told him that I know I will have times when I want to waver but he says he will do all he can to stop me and encourage me to stick with it :D bless him.

I have told some people at work, I work as a support worker so I'm in the clients house a lot, there are only really 2 main people I work with and they both understand and have been supportive, have said they will help stop me falling off the wagon too which I thought was very nice :D

My mum is also doing CD, she started today so having one another for support will be ideal, I don't think she is telling anyone bar my dad so she will rely on me quite heavily I guess.

Good thread. My OH is supportive, he has said that he will try to eat whilst I'm not around, which won't be too hard as I work shifts and many end around 10pm :D I have told him that I know I will have times when I want to waver but he says he will do all he can to stop me and encourage me to stick with it :D bless him.

I have told some people at work, I work as a support worker so I'm in the clients house a lot, there are only really 2 main people I work with and they both understand and have been supportive, have said they will help stop me falling off the wagon too which I thought was very nice :D

My mum is also doing CD, she started today so having one another for support will be ideal, I don't think she is telling anyone bar my dad so she will rely on me quite heavily I guess.

my mum is a size 8, along with my 2 sisters 8/10 and brother 6ft3 and about 12 stone:(

I can;t bring myself to tell them, I got the fat gene:8855:

My oh is doing cd with me! now thats support ;) to be honest though we both do have lots of weight to get off. I have a 10 month old boy and I'm really anxious that he will end up having issues with food like we have. As it is at the minute he seems to want to drink our shakes!! he thinks they are his formula milk and tries his hardest to get to the glass. I keep telling him that he really doesn't want mummys shake, hes got different ideas:D x

I'm not sure whether my OH is supportive or not. I was much slimmer when we got together (about 2 sizes) and I know he does not like large ladies. He has no food issues whatsoever, is not overweight - well has a bit of a belly beer but nothing major! After dinner (his not mine) he has a handful of toffees/chocolates and sits next to me! Now I'm not a chocoholic but I don't remember him doing this when I was eating! Did I maybe not notice because I was eating and could have had some if I so wished but didn't want any or did he not do it? (hope that makes no sense!) Hopefully someone will understand what I mean lol We ate out alot. If he fancies a chinese or indian whilst I am on plan then he will either go to the restautant on his own (we are well known in them lol) or he will get a take away. When I get to goal, I have to ensure I do not start going to the restaurants/getting take aways again otherwise I will end up at square 1 again!

Minnie64 I know what you mean ;) maybe you are just more aware of it now? or maybe he is doing it to see if you 'crack'?

As I said before OH is really supportive, he tells people that we can meet up but not for dinner but doesn't say why, (as I would feel I would have to explain myself), he pays for my CD, he deliberately doesn't have take aways etc apart from when I am working away from home......etc etc.......but he has yet to comment on how I look, I know I am still huge but I do also know that 2 stone has made a difference.......I guess we can't have everything! By the way I still cook for OH and am happy to sit with him whilst he eats.

Back