Your thoughts about life after Cambridge..

xSinead

Silver Member
Has anyone given it much thought? Made any life long decisions about how you'll treat food? What will you do to maintain your new body?

Lately its all i think about, but in a really good positive way.
By Christmas 2012 i WILL be at my goal, so the new year will be a completely new me too!
I've already decided to cut out carbs, as i suffer from pcos its a given fact reducing or cutting out carbs will be so much healthier for you (easier said than done as i'm a typical italian lady! haha) but i know i'm better and do better weight wise without carbs. I've also decided i'll join a slimming world or weight watchers class once a week just to keep on track and never allow myself to go back to the old me.

I'd love to maybe join a gym and do that once or twice a week, i'd love to walk regularly (i've only just started walking!)
I think being active will open up so many doors in my life in general :)

Bring on christmas!!

xSinead said:
Has anyone given it much thought? Made any life long decisions about how you'll treat food? What will you do to maintain your new body?

Lately its all i think about, but in a really good positive way.
By Christmas 2012 i WILL be at my goal, so the new year will be a completely new me too!
I've already decided to cut out carbs, as i suffer from pcos its a given fact reducing or cutting out carbs will be so much healthier for you (easier said than done as i'm a typical italian lady! haha) but i know i'm better and do better weight wise without carbs. I've also decided i'll join a slimming world or weight watchers class once a week just to keep on track and never allow myself to go back to the old me.

I'd love to maybe join a gym and do that once or twice a week, i'd love to walk regularly (i've only just started walking!)
I think being active will open up so many doors in my life in general :)

Bring on christmas!!

I think like that too I hope to be at my goal by Xmas too still over 5 stone to go I'm gonna do weight watchers I think as slimmimg world is just too much with carbs and stuff and no portion control
I will never see 19 stone again I will stick to being thin and happy I also,wanna take up,running best form of exercise and swimming when I don't look like the whale lol :)

I've joined the beginners running club at my gym because like you said running is a brilliant way to excercise possibly the best :) I'm moving up to step 2 next Thursday and have been giving a lot of thought to what eating will be like and I'm both nervous and excited to just get on with my life. I've missed the gym so much this past 12 weeks and I'm really looking forward to toning up

I'm a bit nervous about eating again - CDC suggests that I go up to 810 in 3 weeks but I don't feel mentally prepared. I have bought gillian riley's book and am going to try out her strategies. I have a cross trainer upstairs so I intend to use that 3-5 times a week and once I go up the steps I hope to stick to around 1500 calories during the week and give myself a little extra at the weekend.

I would love to hear how you get on with 810 - I guess if you are running too you could lose quite a bit.

I have thought about it a lot to. Before I had my last little girl ( she's 3 now) I did rosemary conley and got down to 9 stone from 13 st. I was over the moon! I maintained it by sticking to 1200-1300 calories a day in the week and I didn't count at the weekend. I tried to eat well in the week although I still had chocolate etc if I wanted to but I just tried to keep with in the range I had set myself. It worked wonders until I had my daughter. I was 10 st when I had her and my appetite was massive as I breast fed her. And it just went on from there.....

Im going to try my old strategy when I'm at my goal :)

Will let you know but I'm only on 810 for a week :) then up to step 3 then step 4 then well you get the idea lol

Carol you should make your own thread introducing yourself lol.

Maintenance for me has always been challenging and I actually find being on Cambridge a lot easier. I exercise regularly, but my biggest downfall is controlling my comfort eating. I have always turned to food to medicate my feelings whether they have been good or bad and this is a habit I am slowly beginning to control.

Thankfully, I am a lot more positive this time about maintaining and have already started to plan things to ensure I do not sabotage my goals. This is a good post Sinead as it's really important for everyone to think about this during their weight-loss journey. I wish I had before as it would probably have stopped me yo-yoing.

I have also thought about this a lot.

I said within a few weeks on Cambridge I will NEVER EVER eat white bread or drink fizzy pop again, Not only are they of no nutritional value but they make me crave other items I should avoid.

I was a bit worried on Sat when CDC said we need to look at me moving up the steps but I want to hang back until week 24. I do worry about falling off track once I start eating food but have managed so far with a few PLANNED breaks and have had a loss every single week.

I have however joined a Gym, do lots of walking and hired a vibration plate for 12 weeks ( It goes back 2 days before our wedding ) I think Exercise and a positive mind are all part of the bigger picture.

I have set my goal slightly lower than I think will look best as I know I will put a bit back on once i introduce " food " again and want a little weight to play with.

I guess its a hard one as we don't know how we will cope until the time comes to reintroduce x x x

I'm not near goal yet, but loving this thread! I think exercise and cut out anything White and refined. So pretty much what everyone else saying. I got pcos so carby food is so bad for me but it's what I crave. Oh I also think keep up the water consumption x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm not near goal yet, but loving this thread! I think exercise and cut out anything White and refined. So pretty much what everyone else saying. I got pcos so carby food is so bad for me but it's what I crave. Oh I also think keep up the water consumption

I have pcos too & around the same weight as you, so hopefully we'll reach goal around the same time..
I however don't crave carbs anymore, whats so ever, even though it was the one thing i lived on and wanted so much before losing 4 stone 5lb.

I plan on getting back to the gym daily and keeping control of my portion sizes, I dont plan on cutting out carbs because I will be burning them off at the gym!!

I might also join slimming world again, just so I can make sure I don't gain any weight or get back into old habits!

Back