Your typical pre-SW food diary?

Often on the way home I'd buy one of those big bars of choc they do for £1 in WHSmith etc, thinking I'd put it in the fridge and break it up, then basically mainline the entire thing before tea, leaving no room for it. Classy

Me too! Once, the shop assistant - a VERY rude young man - looked me up and down and said, "You do know that these bars are for sharing, right?" :eek::eek::eek:

I don't have many regrets in my life, lol, but I definitely DO regret not rising up and punching him in the head! :D

who_la_hoop said:
Me too! Once, the shop assistant - a VERY rude young man - looked me up and down and said, "You do know that these bars are for sharing, right?" :eek::eek::eek:

I don't have many regrets in my life, lol, but I definitely DO regret not rising up and punching him in the head! :D

This made me lol so much that my oh asked what I was laughing at. So I proceeded to tell him n now he's laughing too!!

I work in pizza hut and they used to feed us pizza on our breaks! On days where I didn't fancy pizza I'd have pasta (pizza hut pasta so not good pasta!) or I'd buy 2 pasties or a foot long subway. I never had breakfast and tea would be takeaway.

Interesting! Gosh it feels like forever ago but I will give it a go:

B: cereal + fruit or 2 big bits of toast with loads of marg and jam
L: generally always a sandwich so more bread! Peanut butter or cheese and ham. Packet of crisps or biscuits
D: maybe pie, mash and veg. Or some recipe with plenty of cream, flour etc.
Maybe a puddle or a wee snack before bed

Not TERRIBLE but definitely needed a lot of tweaking!

mine was pretty bad

9am can of coke and a twirl choc bar
10.30 am 2 butter white bread toasted
lunch mayo pre bought butties, can of coke, crisps
afternoon - buscuits and tea when in the office and maybe a another choc bar
tea - pre snack donuts, cookies, then a greasy, stodgy meal with the other half

im suprise im not bigger than i am when i joined SW - our eating habits have completly changed - Today, i even walked past the cake bit in morrisions, and they were reducing them, if it was pre SW i wouldnt of thought twice of eating a family trifle to myself in one sitting

My Pre would have been:

Bfast - none
Lunch - 4 egg omlette with cheese
Dinner - Mashed spuds, quorn sausages and beans with cheese on
Supper - Sandwich or cereal and crips or choco bar

Every weekend i would have at least two take aways, pizza and chinese or indian

breakfast- 2 slice of hovis thick wholemeal bread covered in utterly butterly and a cup of tea with one sugar (I miss this so much)
lunch- cheese and ham toastie using warbutons toastie bread or a sandwich from greggs (it wasn't unusual for me to have 6 slices of bread a day).
dinner- could be anything from a tesco ready meal to a takeaway (I used to have a chinese, KFC, McDonalds, chip shop all in the same week :eek:)
snacks- crisps, chocolate, cakes.

I wasn't overweight when I started slimming world but I knew if I kept eating the way I was it would catch up with me eventually.

pre slimming world:

Breakfast: Frosties or rice crispies with whole milk

Lunch: sandwich (white bread) with butter and marmite, or cheese and pickle. Crisps, maybe chocolate bar.

Dinner: if cooking, curry, chilli, lasagne, shepherds pie etc. Not very different but I would use oil, coconut milk and cream in the curries, lots of cheese on the chilli etc.
And probaby twice a week at least, I wouldn't cook and it'd be takeaway pizza, or chicken and chips from the chippie, or chinese/curry delivered (3 or 4 dishes between 2 of us!)

I didn't really eat any fruit or veg at all :eek: I'd often end the day with chocolate, i'd drink lots of fizzy drinks (not diet ones), and if out and about i'd often grab a doughnut or cupcake...

all change now though!

Breakfast: none
Lunch: Bacon, Eggs, Sasuage, Cheese, Beans and toast with butter and brown sauce or bacon sandwiches, cheese on toast and occasionally soup
Dinner: Chips (deep fried) fish fingers and onion rings or things like Sheppards pie and of course take aways.
Snacks: Tea cake, Crumpets, Chocolate crisps the usual bad stuff for you.

Wow this is really bad, its what i've been taught though. And my whole family is overweight (not that i'm blaming my parents or anything) after all i still ate it, and i'm old enough now to make decisions about what i eat and did i change it so no, and only i can do something about it and take control

k.

I find it funny how many of us missed breakfast :)

Breakfast-none

Lunch- packet of super noodles

Dinner- chips with any of the following, steal, chicken, 2 burgers or pie. Failing that it was a Chinese or Indian

I wasn't actually that in to snacking I just enjoyed massive portions but snacks would have been choc or crisps

Last edited:
A typical day would be:

Breakfast: Chocolate croissant/white toast with flora light
Lunch: A sandwich, crisps and a small chocolate bar/pack of sweets. Fruit juice.
Dinner: Meat/fish with potatoes and veg

The weekends were my downfall, I would drink lots and lots of wine and eat loads of crisps, dips and takeaway! My weigh has been gained slowly, I've put on 3 stone over 6-7 years.

My pre SW diet (on a non-binge day)...

Breakfast: flat White coffee from
Costa, full fat strawberry yoghurt and granola
Lunch: 4 slices thick White bread or baguette with butter, Mayo, chicken, and a bit of token salad! Immediately followed by a kit Kat chunky and a bag of crisps
Tea: not always bad, but lots of takeaways and oven food.
Dessert: cream cake

I won't tell you what a binge day looked like :(

It pains me to recall the rubbish I ate but here goes -

Brekkie - lots of coffee

Mid morning - 4 slices of buttered toast

Lunch - something with pastry involved and crisps

Dinner - something very rich with crusty bread too and a bottle of wine followed by a family sized bar of chocolate

Water - none

Fruit - none

Veg - minimal

Energy levels - none

Self esteem - none!

Breakfast Toasted white pitta breads split and spread with flora and loads of marmite, the flora and marmite used to melt together and drip, yum, I would toast two at a time but keep going pack until I had had the whole pack of six, if not pittas then white toast with flora and marmite, at least 8 slices, or if we were away in our camper then I would eat a pack of six croissants.

Snacks- Crisps, cakes the pastry from a couple of sausage rolls, would chuck the meat.

Lunch, a whole granary baton, filled with cheese at one end, liver and bacon pate in the middle, and cold turkey at the other end, more crisps cakes, iced buns or iced Danish, loved icing.

Dinner- home-made chips with breaded chicken or 10 birds eye fish fingers, or a korma made with loads of chicken and a jar of korma sauce. Or takeaway Chinese. or a whole pizza.

Supper, cakes sweets.

Embarrassing.

A normal, non-binge day:

Breakfast - 2/4 pieces of white toast with real butter

Snacks - 1/2 bags of crisps, biscuits, chocolate

Lunch - White bread sandwiches with crisps or sausage rolls/pasties with chocolate

Dinner - Usually something fairly healthy like chicken and roasted veg with potatoes (I wouldnt feed my family the crap I was feeding myself) but probably too much Olive Oil etc

Evening - Large bar of chocolate, tea and biscuits

*Gulp* And I wonder why I am fat?

I used to eat appallingly. Eating out a couple of meals a week. Things like big steaks with chips and peppercorn sauce. Or creamy/oily curries with naan bread.

Breakfast
Bacon Butties

Break
Sandwich full of mayo eg chicken tikka sandwich fillers
Bar of chocolate

Lunch
School dinner e.g. lasagne, roast spuds, sweetcorn hot pudding and custard

Tea
Either a meal out, a weekly chinese takeaway of crisy squid, chicken satay skewers, shredded chilli beef and chips or a mixed shish kebab and chips with loads of garlic sauce and a small cheesy garlic bread

Evening
Icecream, chocolate ( a big bar) crisp, cheese toasties, cheese and biscuits etc.

Binge drinking most Fri (3 bottles of dry white wine) and Sat nights (loads of wine, lager, cider, double gin and tonic, double jd and diet coke, jaegerbombs, sambuca etc.)

Shameful

Breakfast-cereal
Lunch-cereal normally, possibly a sandwich and salad from a salad bar
Tea-half a pack of enchilada's or frajita's and garlic bread, pizza, pie and chips, cheesy pasta bake and garlic bread, curry from a jar and naan ect.
Snacks-ben and jerrys, cakes, chocolate, crisps and dips ect.

My pre SW diary was actually quite good, that why I think I've found the plan so easy, I don't buy processed food, I cook from scratch and I'm really good at it if I do say so myself, always had three meat free days a week, trouble is I'd eat nothing but sweets in the day time, maybe a bacon sandwich and sometimes something sandwichy again at lunch, but that was rare, then I'd feel like I needed something to munch and eat some biscuits or cake becuase I'm too busy to sit down, but I've always eaten loads of salad, loads of veg and cooked fabulous food, my current fave is River Cottage Veg for recipes.

Pre sw my meals were always pretty healthy. It was the biscuits in between that were the problem, along with the vast quantities of wine at the weekend.

I'm also a binge eater and would go and buy cakes/big bars of chocolate etc and scoff the lot. I'm still struggling with emotional eating....not done well the last couple of days.

Mine wasn't too bad..i just snacked too much..chocolate, crisps, bread etc!

Breakfast- Cereal
Mid morning- Crisps (usually quavers)
Dinner- White bread sandwich and a cereal bar, or jacket potato with salad
Tea- Perfectly fine..normal evening meals, very rearely had takeaways

Snacks during the day..i would go for a bread bun or ryvitas, chocolate bars, cereal bars, crisps etc x

Pre sw my meals were always pretty healthy. It was the biscuits in between that were the problem, along with the vast quantities of wine at the weekend.

I'm also a binge eater and would go and buy cakes/big bars of chocolate etc and scoff the lot. I'm still struggling with emotional eating....not done well the last couple of days.
Keep trying, a couple of days is only a couple of days x

Back